Is it time to harvest? 1st time grower

Jessiejames69

I'm at the beginning of week 7 of flower. Wondering if I'm close to harvest this is my first Grove. I'm going to post some pictures below. Thank you guys for all the advice let me know what you think

20210525_124945.jpg

20210525_124835.jpg

20210525_124748.jpg

The best way to know is to check the trichomes with a scope and look for amber ones. Most people consider about 10% amber to be the sweet spot. When that's not possible you can try to guess based on the amount of white pistols left but some strains will continue to push them out even after their prime. The trichomes look milky and I spot a lot of white pistols, going off that alone and the fact you mentioned they are on week 7... I'd say they have another 2 weeks to go.

Thank you I will get a scope today..
Hello @Jessiejames69 hope you are well.
See all those white pistols. They have to turn red a crinkle in first . At that point she is finished flowering.
Then check your tricombs.
Clear and cloudy energetic feeling / amber and cloudy more relaxed feeling.
I'd say 2 weeks easy.
Bill

To add to the above sound advice, your buds are going to still swell up at least twice , maybe three time the size. If you pick before that swell its gonna break your heart when you see it dry to nothing. As those hairs get red and pull back into the calyx, each calyx Will swell almost as if there were a seed in. Not as big. When they are so swollen and tight the new hairs swill start folding when they come out. It's about overall ripeness including your trichomes. Your window only really opens when the plant is ready. Where in the window you.choose to harvest is personal. I.harvested my first plant before the swell 20 years ago. Hoping to convince you to hang tight at least.two.weeks. peace

Ditto on Lerugged, the minute you chop the buds start shriveling... in the end 100 g’s of wet cures out to 25 g’s of dry so be patient along now while she is stacking weight. The plant stopped growing taller several weeks back - now it’s all about building flowers and fattening them up. Progress is slow but hang on a few more

Back
Top Bottom