Is there a faster way to germinate seeds?

is there a better way to explain or give an example of the proper scaring technique....maybe i'm reading wrong but i'm just alittle confused about what im going to do the the seed.

read post #9. what part don't u understand? emoryboard/sandpaper, matchbox, or shaking?

okay im sorry....i over looked that post. my only other question is...what exactly does the scaring do for the seed....is it just so the shell soaks up the water like you mentioned or does this method also give the root an easier way the break through the shell??

just lets in water faster. when u do this, that root will come out quickly. also, i just read my previous post....i sounded like a smart ass....sorry! didn't mean it that way. there's no voice inflection on the printed word.

just lets in water faster. when u do this, that root will come out quickly. also, i just read my previous post....i sounded like a smart ass....sorry! didn't mean it that way. there's no voice inflection on the printed word.

no worries man i didn't take anything out of context. this is my first forum and first grow, so im a super noob right now-lol. i have alot to learn:nomo:

any breeder i've tried seeds from thus far have all germed just by planting directly into wet soil, even immature ones. Nature does it best, it's best to let it do its thing

dmoney, u're on the right forum. these guys r good growers. they'll answer u're questions no matter what. if u started growing now, & get in 3-4 grows in a year, u'll be giving more advice than asking. u just have to pay attention & sort out what works for u. it's not always the same for every grow or grower. the most important thing is environment. get the rh/temps/airflow dialed in & don't get sucked in to the "19 bottles of super expensive 'magic' nutes". there ain't no magic. it's just a weed. instead u might get 'jorge cervantes growers bible' the latest edition. that's the one i settled on. i've got 'em all (franks, rosenthal,hans) they're all good, but jorge's is just easiest to understand. i believe it's $25/30 & a very good investment. good luck!

This is my favorite technique for germinating some seeds... this is the same method I used as a kid to germinate apple seeds and years later stilling rely on it, but for whole different kind of tree.

I soak a seed in shot glass of water tell the seed sinks by it self or sink when I tap on it which can take up to 8 hours. I then place in paper towel that I lightly wet and place in zip lock full of air. usually it take me about 24-36 hours to sprout a seed this way. Usually I only wet about 1/2 of paper towel. You only want it damp, you don't want it soaking as it will suffocate the seedling. When I transfer them to soil I place clear plastic wrap on the pot to keep the soil damp tell they sprout, works great.

If you wait tell the seed will sink in water it lets you know it absorbed enough to germinate and no longer needs any water to sprout as long as you don't let it dry out and if it sinks when you first put it in water it lets you know its a bad seed.

Fastest way to germinate:: put seeds in shot glass full of room temp water, cover with solo cup keep temp consistent and warm. 12-24hr germinated and ready to plant.

before u put them into ya toilet roll kitchen roll soke them in a cup ov tap water and they will soke up the water and split over night then stick them in a container and put them on top ov a radiator will be ready to plant in no time.done a test were i didnt soke them before putin in kitchen roll and were i did soke them before kitchen roll and soaking them halfs the germinating time iv not more iv u dont soak them somtimes seeds can take days iv not weeks and some dont sprout at all.when u soak for 24 hours then put them in kitchen roll for 24 hours guarantee they all sprout .they all stay at the same growing rate as well because they all sprout together they stay around about the same size without having to wait for others to catch up.tryit
That's how I do it works great. My aunt suggested a heating pad what are your thoughts?

All I do is take a little brown prescription bottle, fill it 75% with tap water (well water), drop in a seed, put lid on, put in cupboard and 2-5 days later I have 1/2" tail.

I then go to solo cups and soil....

My germination rate is well over 95%

been preaching the wet paper towel method forever
not sure what you accomplish with air tight container, but if it works for you
do you
I take wet paper towel, drop seed, wrap the whole deal in aluminum foil
toss in my kitchen window and let the sun cook em
most seeds 24 hours I have a tail on em
some take a extra day just depends on the genetics of them

i do this for all my plants
tomatoes, green beans, weed
it works

Just popped one.... 3 days...will go in paper towel for a couple more days then to soil....

0406211119[1].jpg

0406211119a[1].jpg

0406211121[1].jpg

0406211121a[1].jpg

0406211123[1].jpg

0406211119[1].jpg

0406211119a[1].jpg

0406211121[1].jpg

0406211121a[1].jpg

0406211123[1].jpg

i'v had some stubburn seeds that took 10/12 days to germinate, which is why i started using the matchbox method. i'd say after 2weeks they prolly won't germinate. also they won't germ if there's ANY light on them. u didn't say what method u used so we really need more info.
this is bull. I dont germinate in the dark. I simply throw them in a glass of water and wait for the seed to crack. happens between 12-72 hours everytime. leave it sitting on my windowsill,. full light, makes no difference

Back
Top Bottom