Is this a cal-mag deficiency or something else?

Very cool Ganner… yes I don’t know beans about those nutes so they may have sufficient cal-mag included… but like I said if you are gonna grow weed it’s good idea to have separate cal-mag on your shelf anyway.

see I didn’t say much on the ph side but Bill284 nailed it…. ph in coco is vital…

could be rust, septoria, viroid, pests but think it’s best to get you nailed on the basics first like ph, ppm, proper feeding…. ph is logarithmic…. so being off just a little here turns out to be massive for your chicks… yeah pretty close is not cool.

I’ve got to jet for now but yes hang in & we will get you all hooked up

so doing some more research, could this not be leaf septoria?
Ok great if you have a meter what ph are you feeding at.

Ok dude so coco is hydro not soil, coco should hit at 5.8 I know this sounds crazy but technicslly coco is treated as soil-less or drain to waste hydro… so hydro rules apply. Look at the hydro ph chart which is not the same as soil ph chart.

seriously, coco looks like soil but has its own rules and they are quite different from soil. I thought the same thing myself…but no worries - it’s all good, we just want to help you move forward!!!

Ok dude so coco is hydro not soil, coco should hit at 5.8 I know this sounds crazy but technicslly coco is treated as soil-less or drain to waste hydro… so hydro rules apply. Look at the hydro ph chart which is not the same as soil ph chart.

seriously, coco looks like soil but has its own rules and they are quite different from soil. I thought the same thing myself…but no worries - it’s all good, we just want to help you move forward!!!
so in that case i'd be locking out in phosphorous, zinc and copper according to a chart?

the pH going in is around 6.6/6.7. so no lockout should be occuring i think?
You have to drop it down to 5.8 or they can’t uptake everything available in your mix.
That is a problem.
Stay safe.
Bill

will adding a couple of drops of lemon juice to my feed do anything? i know that brings ph down or is that a big no no?
If you have ph down use it.
A little at a time until you get used to using it.
5.8 Amigo, cal-mag and some silica and you will be happy.
Stay safe.
Bill

If you have ph down use it.
A little at a time until you get used to using it.
5.8 Amigo, cal-mag and some silica and you will be happy.
Stay safe.
Bill
see this is what's confusing me, my canna coco A & B has cal-mag in already (part A has some and part B has some). However, canna expect you to be using RO water which i'm not and i checked my cities Tap water and it's medium so no extra cal-mag should really be needed. What do i need silica for?

ok, looked online and lemon juice seems to be fine, i added a few drops to my feed and the ph is now 5.8.

Lemon juice will work, it just doesn’t work for long (I think the organics may break down or something?!?). Anyway, great that you are at 5.8 now and your girls will start taking in what they need and allowing other things in as well. Remember that the nutrients interact, not individually. Someone gave me the chart below which usually reminds me….just check and keep your pH at 5.8 lol. Once these things start moving around, they start getting a lil complicated….

image.jpg

Lemon juice will work, it just doesn’t work for long (I think the organics may break down or something?!?). Anyway, great that you are at 5.8 now and your girls will start taking in what they need and allowing other things in as well. Remember that the nutrients interact, not individually. Someone gave me the chart below which usually reminds me….just check and keep your pH at 5.8 lol. Once these things start moving around, they start getting a lil complicated….

image.jpg
i wonder why now she's started to do this? i've been feeding her the same nutes without adjusting ph for ages yet now she doesn't like it?

ngl it looks like you need a degree in chemistry to understand that chart lol, straight over my noob head.

Mine too, that’s why I just use it to scare myself into checking pH at least 3 times a week now Lol. But, flower needs are different, and she may just be needing a lil something different and she’s fighting with something else. Who knows? I’ve grown the same mother for 10 years and she reared up and punched me and the back of the head for no good reason. It happens. No biggie - pH will open it back up. I forgot to mention in that post - order some ph Down and pH Up. I think it’s a lot more stable than organic adjusters IMHO, just don’t use both at the same time (like bring it down, then back up, then back down again - I think that’s a no-no if I remember correctly). If you overshoot pH correction bad, then just flush and restart instead of trying to dial in with those adjusters up and down. Good luck!

Dang it! Another thing I meant to mention….maybe I smoke too much :lot-o-toke:

I think Bill mentioned silica because you’re in coco and silica will provide that strength for the cell structure that the plants do better for holding up buds. Less likely to get splits, etc. I grow only in RDWC, and I can’t get success without silica (or a shit-ton of bamboo stakes). I don’t know if dirt is different, but coco is very similar I think to hydro in theory.

Mine too, that’s why I just use it to scare myself into checking pH at least 3 times a week now Lol. But, flower needs are different, and she may just be needing a lil something different and she’s fighting with something else. Who knows? I’ve grown the same mother for 10 years and she reared up and punched me and the back of the head for no good reason. It happens. No biggie - pH will open it back up. I forgot to mention in that post - order some ph Down and pH Up. I think it’s a lot more stable than organic adjusters IMHO, just don’t use both at the same time (like bring it down, then back up, then back down again - I think that’s a no-no if I remember correctly). If you overshoot pH correction bad, then just flush and restart instead of trying to dial in with those adjusters up and down. Good luck!
Okay so i've got my 2litre bottle of nutrient feed mixed with enough lemon juice to bring it's ph down to 5.8. I'll feed with it tomorrow and not use any cal-mag as the nutes already have it on top of my cities water being medium sof/hard. I don't really know what else to try as i'm not even 100% sure what my issue is!

Okay so i've got my 2litre bottle of nutrient feed mixed with enough lemon juice to bring it's ph down to 5.8. I'll feed with it tomorrow and not use any cal-mag as the nutes already have it on top of my cities water being medium sof/hard. I don't really know what else to try as i'm not even 100% sure what my issue is!
Sounds like you are in a great spot - slow and steady for adjustments. 5.8 will allow her to eat EVERYTHING so hopefully she was hungry, and maybe fighting for scraps at the table and wasn’t giving what you were putting out for her. Have a great weekend!

Sounds like you are in a great spot - slow and steady for adjustments. 5.8 will allow her to eat EVERYTHING so hopefully she was hungry, and maybe fighting for scraps at the table and wasn’t giving what you were putting out for her. Have a great weekend!
Definitely overdone it with adding calmag as my A & B are 5-4-3 NPK on their own. Adding calmag would make it 11-4-3 and that's way too much nitrogen. will update on here tomorrow if people still want to help :)

sure we want to help then too…

living soil guy & well water so I don‘t fiddle with ph that much at all but…. I’m thinking one part of the problem might be mixing nutes ahead of time… at the very least check ph again tomoz before you feed.

Prolly gonna get better results mixing small fresh daily batches of nutes, learn to do the math so you don’t waste

10 mil per 2 liters
5 mil per liter
2.5 mil per 500 ml ….. all are same strength just smaller batches

sure we want to help then too…

living soil guy & well water so I don‘t fiddle with ph that much at all but…. I’m thinking one part of the problem might be mixing nutes ahead of time… at the very least check ph again tomoz before you feed.

Prolly gonna get better results mixing small fresh daily batches of nutes, learn to do the math so you don’t waste

10 mil per 2 liters
5 mil per liter
2.5 mil per 500 ml ….. all are same strength just smaller batches
i checked ph of my feed before i fed her and it had risen slightly overnight so i added 1/2 drops more of lemon and it brought it back down to 5.8 exactly. She's had a litre of feed now and will get another litre later today.

Back
Top Bottom