Is this a good dehumidifier for small spaces?

Justones

I'm growing indoors in a single shower stall I setup for growing. It gets humid in there with the shower door shut. I have a small fan to blow on the plant. Im thinking of getting a small dehumidifier to put in there too. I've found a small one with good reviews. I'm curious if anyone else has used it. The Eva-Dry EDV-1100 Electric Petite Dehumidifier. It's under $50 & has a nice little water collection tray.

Currently I'm opening the shower door from time to time. Or leaving it cracked a little during daylight hours. This helps let the extra humidity out & helps air temps cool a bit too. I've also started opening it 1 hour before dark time for the same reasons.

Can you get an extraction fan? Does the shower door completely enclose the shower or is there room for circulation?

I grow in my bathtub. I ran dryer duct from a carbon filter and fan directly to the bathroom vent. works great, no smell outside the room and keeps humidity lower also.

Can you easily remove the door? May be better.to just hang a shower curtain or something of the likes to offer more air movement through the space

I agree with @TheMadDabber, the (cheapest) solution should be increased airflow. If you are set on a dehumidifier I don’t think the one listed above would do. It seems a better fit for keeping humidity down in a small enclosed area that isn’t opened that often. I saw a review saying it removed a 1/2 pint a week. It’ll overflow twice a day unless you drill a hole in it.
Generally it’s cheaper to run a higher powered humidifier (to a certain extent) in a smaller space as it takes less power to remove the water from the air. Keep in mind though that dehumidifiers can use a good amount of energy and can produce some notable heat.

It's in the shower stall to remain a bit concealed. So I can't really remove the door. Otherwise I will have a problem with still being able to use that bathroom during night/dark period. Plus the way I have it now. You dont see the grow light. The door blocks light in and out. Then I have a solid black towel attached at the space between the ceiling and the top of that door. The towel also blocks the remaining light. Also offers a little bit of ventilation.

The bathroom has a vent. But right now it's not serving a purpose for the shower stall. Hence why I'm thinking of trying a small dehumidifier in the stall. I feel later on, if I am successful with this trial run. I may install a fan vent in the shower ceiling itself. But that's something I'd rather do when I plan on redoing the roof on the house in a couple years.

This is my first indoor & it's all stuff I've thought up to do and try. I felt the single shower stall was a brilliant idea. I have some concealment, water & drain right there. I was able to run an extension cord through the wall & its hidden coming from closet. That gives me electricity for lights & fans etc.

As noted above you really need some more airflow through the stall. Adding the dehumidifier might fix your humidity problem but it will contribute to a heat problem. If your trying to keep this concealed your going to have to invest in a proper carbon filter, or atleast make one. Which requires a fan so it would make sense to use that need to solve your ventilation problem. You mentioned the bathroom has a fan any chance that fan is actually ducted outside the home not just into the attic?

Back
Top Bottom