ISO hash green?

koffeekush

420 Member
So i soaked some of my trimming in 91% rubbing alcohol for bout 4 days. strained it through a coffee filter and it came out green. It makes since because of the chlorophyll, but i've seen hash oil and its usually dark brown.
Did i do something wrong or is my batch just green?
IMG_001948.jpg

All the liquid ru7bbing alcohol will have to be evaporated off before this is consumable. It will turn darker green and brown as it dries. You should only end up with a couple of grams of a jelly looking substance and very sticky

Yea i knew the alcohol had to evaporate then scrap it up with a razor blade. but i just dont think it will get brown. im worried i soaked it way to long. After i posted the thread i found the best way in only bout 1-2 minutes of soaking.

Yea i knew the alcohol had to evaporate then scrap it up with a razor blade. but i just dont think it will get brown. im worried i soaked it way to long. After i posted the thread i found the best way in only bout 1-2 minutes of soaking.

No worries bro I made a batch myself a few days ago and only soaked for 50 seconds in ice cold iso and when I poured it into the glass it was green just like your's when the iso evaporates you end up with a brown-black putty that ends up being your Iso-Hash and boy is it yummy :ganjamon:

theres no reason to "wash" it for anylonger than 30 seconds, after that all your doing is pulling more colrophyl out of the matter, i usualy do a second wash, which comes out very green like your picture, however my first run is always golden honey colored. wash for 4 day im sure youve pulled any and everything that the iso can break down and pull from the plant matter which equasl inferior quality:peace:

yea i found some threads after i posted this thread saying that you only need to wash it for no longer than 2 minutes. so thats just lack of experience.

And i did have my trimmings in the freezer for over a week and i think it helped.

cool, when i do it fill my jar with trimmings, then soon as im pouring iso i start counting, soon as i have enuff iso in the jar, i immediatly start shaking untill ive counted to usualy 30 but never longer than 45 seconds. then ill do a 2nd run as well. but the 2nd run is no where near as quality as the first run. hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom