Jack the Ripper Bush Grow

So after some thought I decided to tie down the plant since I am going to be needing every vertical inch I got. My tent is 5' (60") with my light and hangers attached they total 12" add another 12" for the distance from the plant and that leaves me with 36" take off another 14" for my bucket and that only leaves me with with 22" so seeing as it was like 9.5" today, I tied it down which should help a ton.

Great job on planning ahead there brotha!!!

About the leaves, have you checked you pH??? it looks like she is lacking Nitrogen, but it could also be Manganese deficiency, they share the same looks when they are lacking, this is why I ask about your pH.

:peacetwo:

My pH has been pretty steady at 5.8. I was thinking maybe N too but not sure, also some of the leaves are curling down, like all 5 points are curled down towards the bucket?

thats odd!!! as far as I know, when she starts to claw downward, that means that they have an overage of Nitrogen... I believe I remember reading that in NWGreen's help me thread in the FAQ!!! maybe hit him up and chat with him about your situation, I am not a hydro grower. so I can't really make anymore comments on that part.

Leaf claws can also be a pH fluctuation, If it's changing a lot then it might be that. It can also show a sign of rootbound but its obviously not that. Just extra info bro.

Leaf claws can also be a pH fluctuation, If it's changing a lot then it might be that. It can also show a sign of rootbound but its obviously not that. Just extra info bro.

good to know!!! extra knowledge is always great!!!

wait, so where exactly is this so called bush?? haha, im just teasing ya blue ;) aside from what looks like cal mag and N defficiency that things is pretty damn bushy! wait until you put her into flower, thats when to growth really starts packing on! my plant kinda looked like yours and i was pissed cuza how slow it was growing, seemed like it jsut didnt wana bush out, then all of a sudden BAM,... growth spurt haha, now shes a beast :)

cant wait to see this plant do the same!!
how long before you switch to flower?

solid piece of advice though, never switch a plant from veg to flower until its COMPLETELY healthy again, otherwise your growth is going to suffer BIG TIME...
but if you ensure shes healthy before the switch she'll treat you right ;)

Hey bro, personally, I would lower that light some to about 10-14" away from the plant, make sure you have some air movement around your baby too, I keep my hps lights at about 10" above the top, you just have to adjust your hangars as it grows

this is true but before he does that hes supposed to have it that high to let the plants acclimate to the new BRIGHT ASS lights (compared to cfl) otherwise his plant will go into shock, never hang a hps close to your plants if your initially changing over from cfl to hps, you always wanna hang that hps as far away as possible, then slowly lower it to desired height over the course of the week.

I have a few questions:
What is the ppm?
have you calibrated your pH meter lately?
Also, are you using tap or RO?
If tap, what is the ppm or EC of the tap water before you add nutes.
It looks like nute burn to me.

Unfortunately I don't have a ppm meter yet, but when calculating on your website I get 867 ppm. I will try and buy one soon. My pH meter is usually calibrated once a week in that calibrating solution and I just dialed it in last night. I am using tap water and once again not sure of ppm of EC.

wait, so where exactly is this so called bush?? haha, im just teasing ya blue ;) aside from what looks like cal mag and N defficiency that things is pretty damn bushy! wait until you put her into flower, thats when to growth really starts packing on! my plant kinda looked like yours and i was pissed cuza how slow it was growing, seemed like it jsut didnt wana bush out, then all of a sudden BAM,... growth spurt haha, now shes a beast :)

cant wait to see this plant do the same!!
how long before you switch to flower?

solid piece of advice though, never switch a plant from veg to flower until its COMPLETELY healthy again, otherwise your growth is going to suffer BIG TIME...
but if you ensure shes healthy before the switch she'll treat you right ;)

Ya I can't wait for the growth to start taking off either. Its been exactly one week since I started flowering so should start soon.

this is true but before he does that hes supposed to have it that high to let the plants acclimate to the new BRIGHT ASS lights (compared to cfl) otherwise his plant will go into shock, never hang a hps close to your plants if your initially changing over from cfl to hps, you always wanna hang that hps as far away as possible, then slowly lower it to desired height over the course of the week.

Good call!

Here's some pictures of the JTR at 7 days into flowering. She is 8" tall at the tallest point and 25" across at its widest.

S7300481.JPG

S7300479.JPG

S7300480.JPG

S7300476.JPG

Here's some pictures of the JTR at 7 days into flowering. She is 8" tall at the tallest point and 25" across at its widest.

S7300481.JPG

S7300479.JPG

S7300480.JPG

S7300476.JPG

Not that I am trying to complain about your photos, but, if you know anything about cameras, you should try to adjust your white balance so you can show off the true color of the plants even under the HPS!!!

Just saying!!! LOL plants look like they are coming along nicely bro!!!

Not that I am trying to complain about your photos, but, if you know anything about cameras, you should try to adjust your white balance so you can show off the true color of the plants even under the HPS!!!

Just saying!!! LOL plants look like they are coming along nicely bro!!!

Ya I hear ya. My camera is a piece of shit though and doesn't have a feature to adjust the white balance. I just got a job today though so I will probably pick up a decent camera soon.

Ya I hear ya. My camera is a piece of shit though and doesn't have a feature to adjust the white balance. I just got a job today though so I will probably pick up a decent camera soon.

NICE!!!

:goodluck: and Conrats on the job finding my brotha!!!

Here's some pictures I took right before the lights came on this morning since astonr was complaining. :laughtwo:

Hey!!! whatever!!! mission accomplished!!!

LOL!!! Looking good there brotha!! I see your having some purple stem issues as well!!! at least they are not turning you leaves yellow like they are to mine!!!

haha yeah man, the pics are good now though can see the true colours. Plant looks really healthy Bluesky, keep it up man.

Right on man, thanks!

Hey!!! whatever!!! mission accomplished!!!

LOL!!! Looking good there brotha!! I see your having some purple stem issues as well!!! at least they are not turning you leaves yellow like they are to mine!!!

Ya I sure am. You figure out what the cause is? I read it can be a couple different nutrient def. but not sure.

My stems are mostly all purple but the leaves remain a pretty healthy looking green. Also some of the leaves are curling over. Like all the tips are hooking over and down.

Plant is chugging along nicely. It is 2 weeks and 3 days into flowering and really packing on the pistils. Some of the leaves are still problematic, all have purple stems some having a light greenish yellow color to them, while some have brown and red rust spots on them looking kind of like nutrient burn? And than most look totally healthy and green so not really sure what the deal is. Anyway, here are some pictures of the plant and you can see the leaves in question in two of the pictures so if you guys have any ideas let me know. My pH is always right around 5.8, I use BPN 3 Part currently in the monster bloom (7ml/gal micro, 12ml/gal veg, 20ml/gal bloom) Temps are around 75 lights on 65-70 lights off, humidity sits at 50%, not sure of the ppm but if I calculate on BPN's site I get 956ppm's plus whatever my tap water is. No pests or anything of the like.

S7300003.JPG

problem leaf off to left middle of picture.
S7300004.JPG

problem leaf slightly off center to the left.
S7300005.JPG

S7300007.JPG

Anyone on the leaf questions above??? Also something else not from my post, the affected brown and red rust spotted leafs leaf tips and edges are all curled/cupped up and over towards the light. Any help is much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom