Jack the Ripper Bush Grow

I am going to be moving within a year to a new house that will have a garage, we are looking for a 2 car garage so I can have 1 of the sides!!! then I will have my HPS!!! I can't wait, so for now, CFL is my only option for now!!!

:peacetwo:

Right on man that's exciting, I am already dreaming of the time I got my own spot to dedicate an entire room or two to growing.

oh yea and then for the summer, I am going to have a section of my back yard fenced off, but I don't think that will be happening til 2013 summer!!! I don't think I will have enough time to turn the dirt and build the fencing around the spot before the 2012 summer!!! so they will be in pots and I will be building up the fence first to keep them hidden from nosy neighbors, But I can't wait to see what BPN will do for a plant in-ground!!!

So its one week from the day that I topped my little girl and shes responding really well. When I initially cut the top off, the two tops were so small they were hardly noticeable and now they are both between 1/2-1". Once they get taller I will top it again, let it grow out for a week or so and than throw it into flower. I am going to purchase a 2 x 4 x 6.5' grow tent and a 400 W HPS light from this local used hydro warehouse. First one to open in CO and they sell the tents for $70 which is a steal.

I am still having some issues with those leaves from above and I would appreciate any help with said issue. I started a thread in problems, pests, and diseases, heres the link please check it out and let me know what you guys think : Help diagnosing deficiency!

Heres the pictures of the topping one week ago and than today

Saturday 12/17/2011

S7300392.JPG

Saturday 12/24/2011

S7300403.JPG

S7300404.JPG

I picked up a 2'x4'x5'3" grow tent today for $60 from a local used grow warehouse. I was really excited to get it to keep the light out of my eyes while I am sleeping and it seems like a pretty cool way to totally control a small environment. I have a job interview tomorrow so I have my fingers crossed I get the job so I can buy a 400 W switchable MH/HPS light. Here are some pictures below of the tent and the Jack the Ripper.

S7300406.JPG

S7300411.JPG

coming along nicely after the topping, the two new tops are about 1"
S7300407.JPG

S7300409.JPG

The growth was coming along nicely after the topping and the two tops were between 1 1/2-2" so I decided to do a little topping again but went with the FIM method. I have never tried it before so I am kinda curious to see how it goes. The temperatures in my tent are always right around 72-76 degrees during the day with the light on and doors open with humidity staying around 55%. When I close the doors around the time the lights go out I turn the fan on to try and control some of the humidity from the humidifier as it spikes with doors closed. I opened two of the vents on the top and sides of the tent and it seems to be a little higher at night but not too much (60-65%) with the temperatures being slightly cooler, right around 65 degrees.

Not sure if this is an issue or problem or something that is common in hydro setups but I am having to adjust my pH once or twice a day. Usually right before I go to bed I will lower it to 5.5 or so and when I wake up in the morning I check the pH and it will be around 6.0-6.3 after 8-10 hours so I lower it again. It does take quite a long time (maybe 6-8 hours) for the pH to start rising again but is this common??

Here's some pictures below of the new growth and FIM I did yesterday.

S7300412.JPG

S7300414.JPG

S7300419.JPG

S7300420.JPG

I am interested on some answers as well!!! I am having similar issues with my pH, my pH for my Afgoo was 5.8 3 days ago, 2 days ago 6.0, yesterday 6.2 and holding there today!!! but as for my GDP she was at 6.0 3 days ago, 6.2 2 days ago, and 6.5 and holding since yesterday!!!

Anyone on pH questions above?

Hey bro, yes the drifting of ph is a problem most of the time to all us hydro growers, IMHO a little drift is ok, adding to much ph up or down can be just as bad.do you have hard or soft water where you live ? :peace:

I am interested on some answers as well!!! I am having similar issues with my pH, my pH for my Afgoo was 5.8 3 days ago, 2 days ago 6.0, yesterday 6.2 and holding there today!!! but as for my GDP she was at 6.0 3 days ago, 6.2 2 days ago, and 6.5 and holding since yesterday!!!

Your pH issue does not sound quite as bad as mine but some answers would be nice! Mine usually drifts from 5.5 to 6.5 from the time I wake up (8 am) to when I go adjust it at night (10 pm).

Hey bro, yes the drifting of ph is a problem most of the time to all us hydro growers, IMHO a little drift is ok, adding to much ph up or down can be just as bad.do you have hard or soft water where you live ? :peace:

I usually only add it once or twice a day and I change my reservoir every two to three days so that amount is probably okay? Not really sure about my water quality but if I had to guess I would say its a little hard if anything. I know my town has fairly good water in comparison to all the towns around us. Most other towns water tastes like shit really.

Your pH issue does not sound quite as bad as mine but some answers would be nice! Mine usually drifts from 5.5 to 6.5 from the time I wake up (8 am) to when I go adjust it at night (10 pm).

I usually only add it once or twice a day and I change my reservoir every two to three days so that amount is probably okay? Not really sure about my water quality but if I had to guess I would say its a little hard if anything. I know my town has fairly good water in comparison to all the towns around us. Most other towns water tastes like shit really.[/QUOTE

I have hard water, so i use a R/O machine and mix it, that seems to help mine, but it still drifts ,it doesn't seem to hurt anything and mine has been as high as 6.9 ,which is high ,but after i add ph up or down i give it like 24 hrs and check again, and i just change my res once a week :peace:

I have hard water, so i use a R/O machine and mix it, that seems to help mine, but it still drifts ,it doesn't seem to hurt anything and mine has been as high as 6.9 ,which is high ,but after i add ph up or down i give it like 24 hrs and check again, and i just change my res once a week :peace:

Right on sounds like you got yours under control. I think I will start changing out my reservoir less frequently and see if the pH stabilizes a little bit more as the reservoir ages. Its been 2 or 3 days since my last change and I was pleasantly surprised to see my pH didn't spike at all overnight. I lowered the pH to 5.5 last night before bed and woke up and checked the pH and it was still 5.5.

if you are growin hydro, invest in a ppm meter. itll make figuring out feeding/what your plant is actually eating so much easier. got mine for like $12 online.

if you use RO water, it has less concentration of minerals in it(i use it and ppm is 8 or 9), my tap is like 200 ppm or close to that, then you need to add calmag supp tho.

Thanks for stopping in my journal earlier bluesky. I hope you get the ph resolved and you can have a happy green new year..
:Namaste:

Thanks man, I think I finally got it figured out. pH was 5.5 when I woke up this morning and when I checked it about 10 minutes ago it was sitting at 5.6.

if you are growin hydro, invest in a ppm meter. itll make figuring out feeding/what your plant is actually eating so much easier. got mine for like $12 online.

if you use RO water, it has less concentration of minerals in it(i use it and ppm is 8 or 9), my tap is like 200 ppm or close to that, then you need to add calmag supp tho.

Ya I have been wanting to get a ppm meter but was waiting til I got some cash together but, $12, that is a steal! What site did you get it off of and is it a pretty accurate one?

pH has still been good and staying right where it needs to be which is nice. I was having to add ph down about 2-3 times a day and I haven't had to add any in at least 4 or 5 days. Growth has also been really taking off and I just noticed some roots popping out of the large net cup about 4 days ago when I noticed 2 small ones. There is now at least 20-30 popping out so I am hoping it will start growing like crazy. I want to start flowering it when its between 10-12 inches tall so probably not too much longer because its about 6.5" right now. The topping and fimming have gone good, its starting to bush out. Here's some recent pics.

S7300427.JPG

S7300429.JPG

S7300430.JPG

S7300434.JPG

S7300432.JPG

The roots are on there way down to the sooup now. I'ts on...

Ya buddy, when they started popping out of the net cup the growth really took off and it seems like 20 new roots appear each day.

think my girl found it on ebay... it seems to be accurate enough, i def want to upgrade, but im gettin by with it so far.

niiice roots!

Nice, sounds pretty awesome for $12. I might just wait a week or two and hope to get this job and buy a real nice one.

looking healthy bro. Are you flowering with cfl or just vegging. I do my whole cycle on CFL so just wondering.

Thanks man. No on the CFL's. I was thinking about trying to flower with cfl's and use a ton of them but in the end decided to go with a 400 W HPS just so I can get maximum yield. Maybe some other time I will try flowering with CFL's but when I have only one plant going I figured I might as well try to just get the most possible. It's possible I might start flowering with CFL's if I don't have enough money to get the HPS in time. I have a ton of 2700 K CFL's and some for my T5 too but I am really hoping to score this job so I can buy a ton of cool stuff.

Back
Top Bottom