Help diagnosing deficiency!

Hi all I recently started up a grow journal which can be found below. I have never grown using hydroponics before so I figured I would give it a shot. 5 gallon DWC bucket with drip ring around plant. pH stays pretty constant around 5.8. Temp of room is 75 lights on 68 lights off, RH stays at 55%. No bugs other than an occasional fungus gnat flying around.

I bought this clone from a local dispensary and the oldest leaf (shown in pictures 1 & 2) was already showing early signs of current problem. As best as I can figure out from reading and looking at other pics I think that this is a Magnesium deficiency but maybe Potassium?? Not really sure. Out of all the nutrients Mg seemed to be the most likely so I added some dissolved epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) to my reservoir in hopes that it will correct problem.

Camera isn't the best so basically the leaves have yellow spots, than as leaf gets older spots turn a rusty brown color. Oldest affected leaves also will curl up along the margins and the tips turn brown and brittle. Any help is appreciated.

S7300396.JPG

S7300397.JPG

S7300399.JPG

S7300400.JPG

S7300401.JPG

S7300402.JPG

Ye the forums can be some what slow at times regarding questions of nutrient defeciency... age ol problem really.

Well many nutrient defeciencys may/can look like one another in the early stages of development... bummer ah !

Ya see, we then have to rule out the obvious/most common defeciency known to MJ these are...

N.P.K - Ca - Mg, which some of these can be related to stage of growth & what phase of growth the plant is in !

Ya could be looking at P or K tho.

Nice link to Some plant deficiencies

Details of growing medium, nutrients used & what dosage, growth phase of plant, recently changed light timing etc can help solve the problem.

Ye the forums can be some what slow at times regarding questions of nutrient defeciency... age ol problem really.

Well many nutrient defeciencys may/can look like one another in the early stages of development... bummer ah !

Ya see, we then have to rule out the obvious/most common defeciency known to MJ these are...

N.P.K - Ca - Mg, which some of these can be related to stage of growth & what phase of growth the plant is in !

Ya could be looking at P or K tho.

Nice link to Some plant deficiencies

Details of growing medium, nutrients used & what dosage, growth phase of plant, recently changed light timing etc can help solve the problem.

Thanks for the reply.

Growing medium: Hydroton in a DWC bucket

Nutrients Used: BPN 3 part series, currently dosing at 10ml/gallon Grow, 7.5 ml/gallon Micro, 7.5 ml gallon/Bloom

Plant phase: 2 weeks into veg

Recently changed light timing: None, 18 on 6 off

Good stuff ol china :thumb:

Mmm roots i think P - phosphorus, as your plants are still young & trying to develop a suitable root system in DWC could have a touch of some think else tho... just a niggle at the mo symptoms are still young.

BPN very popular nutrient range:thumb:

BTW is the ph in check ?

Good stuff ol china :thumb:

Mmm roots i think P - phosphorus, as your plants are still young & trying to develop a suitable root system in DWC could have a touch of some think else tho... just a niggle at the mo symptoms are still young.

BPN very popular nutrient range:thumb:

BTW is the ph in check ?

Ya man pH has stayed constant throughout grow from 5.8-6.2 and I am sure it was around the same from the dispensary where I purchased it. And after looking at that sweet link with the pictures of deficiencies you put in the last message I am thinking either K or Mg because the leaves look most like those pictures. Although I guess it good be P too but it seems as though they resemble more of a K or Mg def but who knows, hopefully I figure it out soon I hate having sickly looking plants.

what kind of water are you using?
What ppm are you feeding?

Water is just regular tap water, usually comes out of the tap at 7.2 pH not sure of ppm.

I am feeding currently at 630 ppm, I just figured out by going to the BPN website and putting in how much ml/gallon I use for the veg 2 stage on their feeding chart.

Im not sure about hydro, Im in coco.
My clones are bigger than that and my ppms are around 460, and 200 of that is cal/mag.
Looks like mag def. to me but your using tap with an unknown ppm so im not sure.
How long ago did you add the E. Salt?

Im not sure about hydro, Im in coco.
My clones are bigger than that and my ppms are around 460, and 200 of that is cal/mag.
Looks like mag def. to me but your using tap with an unknown ppm so im not sure.
How long ago did you add the E. Salt?

I think it was around 5-7 days ago. Since adding a little to my reservoir and doing a small foliar feed the problem hasn't went away but has not progressed or spread to any other leaves either. So I hope that it is just a magnesium def and not some crazy problem i'll never figure out.

Back
Top Bottom