Jamaican Dreams

20170616_054225.jpg
20170616_054252.jpg

The 1st sign of buds for Jamaican 1. I hope to get #2 flipped today.

Oooo....Neiko. How much longer do you estimate? I'm getting ready to start my first attempt. The seeds are done with the feminization project. I forgot to air them out the final day and lost some to mold. :straightface:

IMG_83056.JPG

These are my choices. Not a pretty one among them. I may sort through my other choices for another to run beside it. I can squeeze in two azalea pots as easily as one.

IMG_82926.JPG

I'll probably plant today or tomorrow. Ziggy, it's gonna turn out to be a good thing that you taught me to grow with the kit in small pots. I won't have room for a big pot of soil available for a couple months. :hug:

"Ziggy, it's gonna turn out to be a good thing that you taught me to grow with the kit in small pots. I won't have room for a big pot of soil available for a couple months. "

Shhhhhhh...Duggan or Doc may around ...:rofl:
:laughtwo: I thought that when I posted. Lol!

She's a suspected Lamb's Breath, but who really knows, eh? :laughtwo: I am now officially a part of the ongoing grow. Glad to finally join the ranks gentlemen.

IMG_85265.JPG

Welcome little one. :love:

It is, of course, being grown with Doc's kit. She's in an azalea pot for the moment, until I have space for larger digs. May it be a female. :amen:

SweetSue said:
Glad to finally join the ranks gentlemen.

....and Canna. Almost forgot you were there girl. Lol!

:hug: :love: :hug:

My Jamaican 1 is at 8 weeks tomorrow and looks to be getting close. That's not a good sign that is lambs breath/bread. It smells like Jamaica to me, it brings back memories of sitting on the beach smelling the ocean. The buds are starting to show some purple now too.
20170722_103125.jpg

My Jamaican 1 is at 8 weeks tomorrow and looks to be getting close. That's not a good sign that is lambs breath/bread. It smells like Jamaica to me, it brings back memories of sitting on the beach smelling the ocean. The buds are starting to show some purple now too.
20170722_103125.jpg

that is beautiful!!

:bravo:

it will be like its a different strain all together from what you smoke...
if some of it ever was to return to Jamaica, they wouldn't believe it was form that weed.
crazy thing..their island is perfect for HB growing...just need to fine tune the soil and show some how to dry and cure it properly; and to get away from the bulk mentality...

it will happen to them..like those who use The Kit, those willing to follow people who think differently :)

Neiko she's beautiful. :dreamy: I believe I have the same seed growing, so that helps me get a feel for timelines.

I actually have some Jamaican seeds going myself. These are from a supposed Trainwreck hybrid, they are two of the little guys on the bottom left. Just don't as me which two!

IMG_008668.JPG

I am glad to be back and excited to finally bring some Jamaican seeds to harvest!

Jamaican 2 Day 53
20170810_055053.jpg
20170810_055030.jpg

I have harvested Jamaican 1 and have been testing it. It has moved right to the top of the keeper strains. It kept all the qualities we loved about the Jamaican weed but it is much more potent. The smells bring back memories of Jamaica. This pheno seems a little different, definitely looks to be a better yielder.

I actually have some Jamaican seeds going myself. These are from a supposed Trainwreck hybrid, they are two of the little guys on the bottom left. Just don't as me which two!

IMG_008668.JPG

I am glad to be back and excited to finally bring some Jamaican seeds to harvest!

How exciting! You're back, and with pictures. :slide:

Mine's still a little thing yet, just topped the other day, although I opted to FIM instead.

IMG_97104.JPG

In another week or so I'll upcan her into something more accommodating. The azalea pot holds less than a half gallon of soil, but she's adapted well so far.

Yeah, I want to play around with topping a bit more ever since TRD and I had a talk poolside. I have some reservations messing with them until they get about 4-5 nodes high. I don't know what it is.

It's been too long since I updated this girl of mine. She's changed a little, but not as dramatically as I'd hoped. I topped her at day 21 and all she did was go lanky on me. She's at day 46 and I'm figuring another month before I flip her.

IMG_049053.JPG

Look at these branches she grew, long spindly things that went horizontal instead of vertical. WTH? :straightface: This is going to make it challenging to create a level canopy, I'd think.

IMG_049157.JPG

The sites establishing on the tips are the strangest I've grown to date. :laughtwo:

IMG_049252.JPG

IMG_049352.JPG

Her internal growth is just now starting. She's not using up the water in her soil very fast, it's been 12 days from her last drench, when she got upcanned to five gallons, and she's still heavy. That suggests a small root ball to me, so I'll give her lots of time to grow a more adequate sized one before I ask her to produce flowers. shes not my happiest plant by a long run, but I've had other specimens go beautiful on me when I wasn't expecting anything much from them. Hopefully she'll follow that path.

I'll take a clone when she's flipped, because you never know, but I think I'll try another seed next time, unless she turns out to be something truly spacial.

I saw this thread and it reminded me that I have a couple Jamaican's to add to the thread. Mine are a Trainwreck cross from a field that the missus and I toured. In the field they were almost black. #1 got transplanted early, #2 is probably ready for a transplant. #2 came out with a heavy lean, but all of a sudden she threw down some strong roots and got a very thick stem and now she is super stout!

Jamaican Trainwreck Cross #1

DSC_0008152.JPG

DSC_0009151.JPG

Jamaican Trainwreck Cross #2

DSC_0010148.JPG

DSC_0011156.JPG

Sue, your plants look a lot like mine in structure. Long internodes and just a lanky plant in general. If it is like mine, it will stretch but she fills in pretty damn well and makes good size dense buds. My Jamaican 1 hit 2.39% on the terps with .9 Caryophllene and .9 Myrcene. It's not an overpowering buzz but is very unique and functional.

Back
Top Bottom