Jamaican Dreams

Neiko, since I have your attention, have you ever grown another cannabis plant that expressed true bark on the branches? I can't seem to find any photographic evidence of another chemovar quite like this Jamaican.

I went in and looked at them more closely, and I don't know if I'd call it bark, but it's as close as I've seen without calling it that. Hash Hound was pretty stunned by it too.

I'll look at it closer after harvest.

Ok so I did some housekeeping....topping, transplanting and feeding and I really took a good look at my Jamaican and it does seem to have a more woody stem than others. It has a texture that could resemble a kind of bark but not the kind you could knock off a tree. My Lilly seems to be similar too. I accidentally broke a main branch on the lilly and it looked like a broken tree branch....all woody inside the stem.

When I split a stem, most of my strains have been somewhat woody and inflexible, which is why they split in the first place. A couple even had hollow cores, like bamboo.
The hollow stems is from having a calcium deficiency, just a heads up. Something I look for when harvesting is solid stems throughout.

IMG_73227.JPG

Change has occured. :cheesygrinsmiley:

My Jamaican is now in one of the tents under a pair of GROWant GR240 LED panels. That increased her from the 200 watts of Timber's COBc and 160 watts of CFLs. So far she seems downright pleased with the arrangements. She's entering her third week of 11/13. I'm thinking next drench hit her with the first CAT?

IMG_81366.JPG

Yesterday she got a Transwater drench and her Recharge topdressing. She smells strongly of mango already. :woohoo:

IMG_81378.JPG

IMG_81417.JPG

Meet Jamaican 1.2, just into her perlite starter. I'll be doing this one hempy. The next cutting to root will be in soil. I need to see how hempy and RX Green Solutions stacks up against soil and the kit, from the daughter's perspective. She has a very sensitive system, so I'm confident she'll feel any notable differences. Her olfactory system is sharp enough she'll be able to distinguish any terpene variations. She fascinates me with her ability to pick out subtle tones I missed.

IMG_81457.JPG

IMG_81468.JPG

Tonight she sits far from the light. Tomorrow she begins the climb to the indoor sun.

IMG_81507.JPG

Looking good Sue. I'd wait until the end of the 3rd week to CAT drench it.

Thanks Neiko. I'll do that. I was looking over the schedule today, wondering this very thing. :hug:

Looking good Sue. Nice colors and a good amount of frost. Have you top dressed Roots! powder? If so did it help?

Thanks Neiko. That brought a smile to my face. :love: I gave her a Rescue drench with a good sprinkling of Roots! and I've been toggling her between Energy and Trans with TransWater between, at Doc's encouragement. No CATs. He wants me to finish on Energy.

She bounced back real nice, didn't she?

Neiko, did any new seeds find their way to anyone's gardens this year?

Neiko, did any new seeds find their way to anyone's gardens this year?

Birdman brought Duggan some Thai Stick. There was some debate as to if was the real deal. Graytail said the effect was similar to what he remembered. Doc was not so sure it was true Thai stick. It made my head buzz pretty good. I didn't bring anything new home except the 1 and only Lemon Paki x GG4 seed that came out of Doc's Lemon Paki. I do believe a couple people brought some of the thai seeds home. It made very sativa buds, it looked similar to the bead pheno of dr. grinspoon.

Birdman brought Duggan some Thai Stick. There was some debate as to if was the real deal. Graytail said the effect was similar to what he remembered. Doc was not so sure it was true Thai stick. It made my head buzz pretty good. I didn't bring anything new home except the 1 and only Lemon Paki x GG4 seed that came out of Doc's Lemon Paki. I do believe a couple people brought some of the thai seeds home. It made very sativa buds, it looked similar to the bead pheno of dr. grinspoon.

Ahhh. So that's why you were so excited about the new sprout. Lol! I've been tied up with the opioid study and missed much of the news lately.

It’s been a while since I showed them off. I’m experimenting with solo cups. At the moment I have one in soil finishing her bloom, one in soil waiting her turn, and three in hempy, two of which are in solo cups.

Yeah.... I’m having fun with the chemovar. :battingeyelashes: That just-flipped hempy is looking fine indeed. I’m really excited about her.

Did anyone bring any new seeds back this year?

Back
Top Bottom