Jamaican Pipe Dream + Columbian Gold Grow

Looks real nice. CG has some weird leaf growth. It isnt a problem or anything it just looks weird to me

yeah. CG does look weird. Growth pattern is weird. CG and JPD both smell awesome! JPD is very bushy. CG is starting to bush up a bit. CG also is showing pistils now!! This is only first week flowering!!!

Well thats real fast but not to uncommon. It does mean you might get a extra wave of flower growth.

1 Week Flowering
============

It has been about 1 week flowering the JPD and CG. The JPD is packing it on. The CG is starting to grow a bit as well. I'm watering both every 3-4 days. Not a lot of bloom nutes yet. Both plants don't seem to be screaming for nutes. I have some FF Big Bloom and FF Tiger Bloom. I will probably hit them in about a week with the bloom nutes. I've been using CalMag, but I don't think the JPD likes it. A few of the Fan leaves had lime green spots and also what looked like nute burn. I'll ease up on the CalMag....only gave it to the plant a couple times, but I think I'm done with that stuff.... Just plain water for next watering. After that, I will start light bloom nutes and molasses.

I also LST'd both. The JPD has about 16 colas. The CG has about 8. Both are in 5 gal pot.

Here are the babes at 1 week flowering:
jpd_cg_41614.jpg

I decided to try the defoliation on the JPD. I chopped most of the big fan leaves, and any fan leave that was blocking a bud site. The JPD has about 6 levels of nodes from the TOP. I have not chopped any of the lower branches. I'm just going to try to get all the bud sites as much light as possible. I have not done any defoliation on the CG, because the fan leaves are pretty small on this pheno.

Here is the JPD at almost 2 weeks flowering:
jpd_42014.jpg

Here is the CG at almost 2 weeks flowering:
cg_42014.jpg

2 Weeks flowering
============
The JPD and CG are starting to bud. Defoliation seems to help the lower buds. Whenever I see a bud site being covered , I remove the leaf.
Both are smelling good. Fruity smell. No Strong odor. I also have a filter...

Here is the CG:
cg_42414.jpg

Here is the JPD:
jpd_42414.jpg

Looks real good. What I do with any leaves that are blocking buds is I tie them with yarn down flush with the main stem and secure it to that stem this way the leaves are still working and doing what they are intended to but they are out of the way.

Thanks SmokerJoe. I also pull leaves back, but the ones that block a lot of light, I just chop them. Defoliation seems to be working though.

Here are the babes at almost 3 weeks flowering:

Here is the JPD:
jd_42914.jpg

Here is the CG:
cg_42914.jpg

Looks good. Nice healthy leaves. You are doing very well good job

3 Weeks Flowering
============
Today is 3 weeks into the 12/12 cycle. The JPD and CG are both developing nicely. They both don't seem to want to stretch too much. With the defoliation, many bud sites are getting fat.

Here is the JPD:
jpd_50114.jpg

Here is the CG:
cg_50114a.jpg

The JPD and CG are flowering nicely. I'm starting to see a little deficiencies on both. I gave both of them a nice dose of tiger bloom and big bloom. That should clear it up. The CG is starting to have a more skunky smell. The skunky smell is starting to over-take the citrus smell on the CG. The JPD still smells like pineapple blueberry candy. A very sweet smell on the JPD>

Here are the babes as of today:

The CG:
cg_50514_2.jpg

The JPD:
jpd_50514.jpg

Hello 420BlazeItUp. I'm wondering the same thing. Both plants are the biggest I've ever grown. I veg'd the JPD for a little over 7 weeks. It is 3 times as big as the Jamaican Dream and the Pipe Dream that I grew. If I get 2-4 quart sized jars full of the JPD, I'd be happy with that. The CG looks like it may have a smaller yield. But if I get at least 2 quart jars of that, I'd be happy. This will be my last grow of the year...even though I'm tempted to re-veg both plants..... we will see.

Today I pollenated one branch of the World of Seeds Columbian Gold with some pollen from the SnowHigh Pipe Dream..... just for kicks....since I only have [2] CG seeds left. What the heck.

Yesterday I had to flush the CG. For some reason, a lot of the leaves turned brown on the edges, and curled up. This happened after I added a cap full of Tiger bloom and a cap full of big bloom to 1 gal of water. I also think I had my 400W HPS a bit too close to the tops. So I did a flush and raised up the 400W HPS. Its now about 10 - 12 inches above the tops. I also plucked most of the burned up/curled up leaves. Hopefully the CG will recover....Buds on her still getting fat. The JPD is cruising right along. I do see some of the lower leaves turning more of a light green, while most of the top leaves on the buds are still very dark green. It seems that the tops of the JPD have a phosphorous abundance. I'll probably hold off on the nutes on both plants for 1 week, and dry them both out a little before the next watering.

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks flowering
=======================

The CG has a few burned up leaves:
curled_cg_leaves_50714.jpg

Here is a pic of the CG nugs:
cg_nugs_50714.jpg

Here is a pic of the JPD nugs:
jpd_nugs_50714.jpg

Both plants moving along. The JPD is doing the best. Leaves are still very dark green. The CG is trying to recover from whatever happened last week. I flushed it, and it has been drying out.

Back
Top Bottom