Grow #2 - Looking for Gold - Columbian Gold

:high-five:Nice haul brotha

Thanks Quixlvir, I finally got around to weighing all of it....

Landrace Colombian Gold weighed in at 14 oz, 18 grams
Blue Widow weighed in at 2 oz, 11 grams
Sugar leaf trim and underbud was at 2 oz, 4 grams- to be used for hash

So overall 1 lb, 3+oz, not bad for only 4 plants, also this was a regrow no less... so whats next? Glad I took a break from the grow after this harvest, this summer is one hot mother, can't imagine trying to grow and yet keep my shack nice and kool thru-out the summer. Also I'm not the only one taking a pause due to the summer.... but when September hits, I'll get back into it... have a few ideas

a. perpetual grow set-up 4sure this next grow w/possibly a new strain each cycle to add into the mix... purpose for this is I'd hate to waste money and time on a strain that has little effect dealing w/my lymes disease

b. cfl and hps comparison grow may be in the works, but 4sure a couple of hps lights will be put into play to assist my cfls, thats right to assit my CFLs

c. going to germinate/grow 4 new strains, once rooted I'll let veg for about 2-3 weeks, then transplant into soil to create the mommas, possible bonsi them.... however if I discover a strain that is not for me, it'll get replaced w/new strain

d. all clones will be growing in a revised/improved aero-hydro grow set-up, maybe a vertical grow or individual 3 gallon bucket/plant, still pondering that.... also I plan to make/install a diy carbon filter exhaust fan in my grow area and I have a new 8,000btu a/c to keep those hps cool

I have my current 12sqft closet for clones and mommas, the new area is big enough for a separate veg area and flowering area.... right now I have decided to grow Skunk#1, Royal Haze, Thai-stick or a Thai landrace and still trying to decide on a 100% indica strain... also I will be growing some new Blue Widow as well.....

a few close friends have tried both the Gold and Blue this past few weeks and they told me that both strains were awesome.... but of course they believe I got it from someone else, but if they knew.... man that would be a can of worms... well that's the plan for the upcoming grow.... :bong:

Thanks Quixlvir, I finally got around to weighing all of it....

Landrace Colombian Gold weighed in at 14 oz, 18 grams
Blue Widow weighed in at 2 oz, 11 grams
Sugar leaf trim and underbud was at 2 oz, 4 grams- to be used for hash

So overall 1 lb, 3+oz, not bad for only 4 plants, also this was a regrow no less... so whats next? Glad I took a break from the grow after this harvest, this summer is one hot mother, can't imagine trying to grow and yet keep my shack nice and kool thru-out the summer. Also I'm not the only one taking a pause due to the summer.... but when September hits, I'll get back into it... have a few ideas

a. perpetual grow set-up 4sure this next grow w/possibly a new strain each cycle to add into the mix... purpose for this is I'd hate to waste money and time on a strain that has little effect dealing w/my lymes disease

b. cfl and hps comparison grow may be in the works, but 4sure a couple of hps lights will be put into play to assist my cfls, thats right to assit my CFLs

c. going to germinate/grow 4 new strains, once rooted I'll let veg for about 2-3 weeks, then transplant into soil to create the mommas, possible bonsi them.... however if I discover a strain that is not for me, it'll get replaced w/new strain

d. all clones will be growing in a revised/improved aero-hydro grow set-up, maybe a vertical grow or individual 3 gallon bucket/plant, still pondering that.... also I plan to make/install a diy carbon filter exhaust fan in my grow area and I have a new 8,000btu a/c to keep those hps cool

I have my current 12sqft closet for clones and mommas, the new area is big enough for a separate veg area and flowering area.... right now I have decided to grow Skunk#1, Royal Haze, Thai-stick or a Thai landrace and still trying to decide on a 100% indica strain... also I will be growing some new Blue Widow as well.....

a few close friends have tried both the Gold and Blue this past few weeks and they told me that both strains were awesome.... but of course they believe I got it from someone else, but if they knew.... man that would be a can of worms... well that's the plan for the upcoming grow.... :bong:

:thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:
Dude...Almost 1-1/4 elbow from 4 plants!!?? Man, I really try not to be a hater bro, but I gotta tell ya, I'm pretty darn jealous right now!! Those are ridiculous #s brother! Sorry I forgot, but how many watts total did you use flowering those, because the gram to watt ration has to be pretty high....
Anyway kidding about the jealousy, I'm actually really happy for you, and I'll be looking forward to following ANYTHING you do in the future. I can see I must have much to learn from your grows! Congrats on the haul, hope the cure continues to go great. Dig the new strains you'll be running too. Cant wait to see the improved setup as well....See you around

-Quix

Thanks Quixlvir... I was surprised as well on the outcome, so much so I actually re-weighed a few pint jars to reverify that my digital scale was working right. My 1st haul w/these 2 strains was just short of 1#, I got 13 pints... 1280 watts, 83,000+ lumens w/mixed ratio was used in my last 2 grows...

I was also impressed w/my 1st grow back in 2010, I had 6 plants then, the strains were Kandahar, Carnival and Big Bud, I got 11 pints of that and still have some of that I smoke from time to time, but over all the Colombian Gold and the Blue Widow quality just blew the Kandahar and Big Bud right out of the water... back then I was using 850watts, 60,000+ lumens, so lighting is a major factor

I'm not doing nothing special to get that much bud.... I contibute it all to growing w/an aero-hydro grow setup... something about oxygenated water, fertilizer and nutrients spraying onto enclosed suspended roots are the key in getting the best quality from each strain imo.... the amount of bud is just an extra benefit imo... my goal is trying to achieve Grade A bud.... right now I have so much CG and very little BW that I am going to grow more BW in my next grow.... if you have never tried BW, you should.... the smell, the taste and the buzz is simply awesome, but then so is tha CG.....

Having 3 grows under my belt now I know I can improve my set-up.... one problem I'd like to improve is not having 2-3 strains in 1 grow-box, but w/this upcoming grow I'll start out that way until I can remove each plant and place it in sterile soil, pull clones from each strain, then have 4 plants per growbox of the same strain... the new strains I plan to grow will be interesting, I do know that the Thai landrace takes up to 18-20 weeks to flower and I have also read that they grow as tall as 8 feet, this will be a problem so I may re-think growing ant Asian strains for the moment...

Thanks so much for your comments, your grows are very impressive as well. I don't think CFL growers get the credit we deserve whenever a hps grower looks at our journals, but I do know it's all about the lumens....

:thanks:

Thanks Quixlvir... I was surprised as well on the outcome, so much so I actually re-weighed a few pint jars to reverify that my digital scale was working right. My 1st haul w/these 2 strains was just short of 1#, I got 13 pints... 1280 watts, 83,000+ lumens w/mixed ratio was used in my last 2 grows...

I was also impressed w/my 1st grow back in 2010, I had 6 plants then, the strains were Kandahar, Carnival and Big Bud, I got 11 pints of that and still have some of that I smoke from time to time, but over all the Colombian Gold and the Blue Widow quality just blew the Kandahar and Big Bud right out of the water... back then I was using 850watts, 60,000+ lumens, so lighting is a major factor

I'm not doing nothing special to get that much bud.... I contibute it all to growing w/an aero-hydro grow setup... something about oxygenated water, fertilizer and nutrients spraying onto enclosed suspended roots are the key in getting the best quality from each strain imo.... the amount of bud is just an extra benefit imo... my goal is trying to achieve Grade A bud.... right now I have so much CG and very little BW that I am going to grow more BW in my next grow.... if you have never tried BW, you should.... the smell, the taste and the buzz is simply awesome, but then so is tha CG.....

Having 3 grows under my belt now I know I can improve my set-up.... one problem I'd like to improve is not having 2-3 strains in 1 grow-box, but w/this upcoming grow I'll start out that way until I can remove each plant and place it in sterile soil, pull clones from each strain, then have 4 plants per growbox of the same strain... the new strains I plan to grow will be interesting, I do know that the Thai landrace takes up to 18-20 weeks to flower and I have also read that they grow as tall as 8 feet, this will be a problem so I may re-think growing ant Asian strains for the moment...

Thanks so much for your comments, your grows are very impressive as well. I don't think CFL growers get the credit we deserve whenever a hps grower looks at our journals, but I do know it's all about the lumens....

:thanks:

Dig it my man, I'll follow anyhting you do for sure. Cant wait to see what you're able to do witht the new sativas under cfl, that should be something to watch. I love the fact that we all learn so much each grow, and its fun growing as growers! No prob an the comments man you deserve it. I have added a small hps to my closet, I just had to see if I could get the density to increase; I wasn't happy with the density last grow.
That Thai sure sounds like a headache, at least it would be for me.

Aero is something I've yet to do much research on, but I'm starting to think I should spend more time reading up on it. I also like your plans for 4 strains, with clone armies of each. Pretty stoked about watching all of this go down!
Thanks for the suggestion on the BW, I'll add it to my wish list for sure. Was she finnikey at all, or was she pretty easy to grow?

Thanks for the comments Quixilvir.... the Blue Widow was really easy to grow, so was the CG.... in aero-hydro the PH is a big factor of course, but the past 3 grows I always get some yellow spotting on the foliage in week 3 or 4 of vegging, I add Calmag+ and it cleans it up in a few days.... only real problem w/the BW is in her final few weeks in flowr cuz her buds get so full of resin and the colas will topple over, so I have to anchor them down so they stay up-right...

as I stated earlier, I also plan to use a hps light to increase density and assit my cfls as well... if you get a chance to grow aero-hydro, which is alittle more work than soil, you we see a big diffence in how your selected strains will grow... I give cedit to the grow system, not my grow skills that got me that Grade A bud quality... later bro..:peace:

P3120024.JPG

Re: Grow #2 - Looking for Gold / Sativa

Fader,
I have gotten a good seeds (Chill OM) here (Mandala) and want to try their Satori a Sativa. I would recommend them - here is one to check out....
:p

so very glad I took a pause from growing thru-out this summer, it's has been so hot these past 3-4 weeks, no doubt I'd would have had to deal w/heat stress.... still the plan is to get started by mid September.... thanks everybody for your comments and suggestions :roorrip:

My nieghbor, she is a cop, and her husband is a real ****..... I'm surprised that they have not showed up at our front door step from time to time.... he's gotten into several verbal and physical disputes from nieghbors up the street and across from him.... to the point the cops show up, and guess who they side on.... the **** was out there wheeling a handgun last time yet he goes free..... yeah, my wife and I keep to ourselves until our kids and grandkids show-up, but we even have to keep them inside due to the mis-fit next door and his/hers hand guns...... so imagine trying to grow Grade A bud with that to worry about

Mule Run is coming down the road on 09-10-11, last big bike rally for the area, usually over 10,000+ bikers, tap beer, shitty food and 3 live outlaw bands playing through-out the night into Sunday PM for $20 bucks each, hope ****-head stay's home..... last time we went w/our friends and smoked doobs all night long...... this year bringin lots of Gold and Blue along.... you can always pick out the bikers/people who have no smoke to share, they hang around like vultures waiting to get a hit or pick up a tossed roach or two off the ground, I use to be one of them, how pathedic is that?.... now I'm the one tossing the roach..... how pathedic is that as well? I always have plenty to share so this rally will be very interesting indeedy........

It sound to me that you are basically a happy w/ your life. Just by the correspondence you produce you seem well balanced. Still you cannot have sweet w/out bitter all the time. Look at the good people that surround you and the things you produce they hold water the rest is soaked up. The crisis next door well eventually burn itself out (& w/ out your help). I seen it happen many times. So enjoy the bike rally and the good pot that you grew.
There are too many cool things to be done, people to meet or places to go.
The rally sounds great I wish I could be going too.
I will have some photos next week to show you..

It sound to me that you are basically a happy w/ your life. Just by the correspondence you produce you seem well balanced. Still you cannot have sweet w/out bitter all the time. Look at the good people that surround you and the things you produce they hold water the rest is soaked up. The crisis next door well eventually burn itself out (& w/ out your help). I seen it happen many times. So enjoy the bike rally and the good pot that you grew.
There are too many cool things to be done, people to meet or places to go.
The rally sounds great I wish I could be going too.
I will have some photos next week to show you..

Thanks art fog, this year I'll ride the bike up there and the wife will drive her car...... this year we are sitting in lawn chairs... not on the ground again, get tired of people stepping over ya while your sitting there.....

might even grab our sleeping bags and sleep over.... allot of people will bring campers, put up tents and like us sleep over, we will be sleeping in the car.... some of our friends plan to stay the night as well so it should fun this year.... later bro

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom