Grow #2 - Looking for Gold - Columbian Gold

Re: Grow #2, Looking for Gold, Columbian Gold

Hey faderharley...Beautiful, healthy looking plants there. I am interested in watching you're progress here as I have just finished a grow using only one LARGE CFL and got really great results. I have to say...I am impressed with how detailed you are in your descriptions and I am really liking you're set -up there. So I'll be stickin' around for this one.

Good job with them man!

:rollit:
MG

Thanks MG, will be swinging by to check out your gj as well....:peacetwo:

Awesome stuff so far man Ill be stopping by to check things out.

Thanks TRG, I was alittle confused w/my light schedule. I kept harping about switching to 08/16 after 31 days of flowering.....need to switch back to the 12/12 light schedule instead for 3-5 weeks as the colas develop/grow. When it's time to ripen and fatten-up, then I'll switch to 08/16 to enhance maturity, ripening and then go dark for 48 hours b4 the cut....:rollit:

Yesterday photos, got to dump my rez. and rinse the roots this weekend. I try to do this every 7-10 days, my gals just thrive during the rinse and the day after new boost of nutes.....anyways.....

P2230020.JPG
P2230021.JPG
P2230023.JPG
P2230008.JPG

Light schedule is back to 12/12....when trics start clouding up, I will be switching to 08/16 to enhance maturity, ripening and filling up the colas w/trichomes b4 harvest...:peacetwo:

Are you saying you flush them?

I grow aero-hydro, Using 2 tote boxes, 1 called my reservoir the other is the grow-box. Anyways the reservoir has a submersible pump which is on a timer that pumps oxygenated fertilizer, micro-nutrients, distilled water to a grow-box w/a diy micro-sprayer located within the grow-box. The nutes are oxygenated via using 4 airstones w/in the reservoir box.... Inside the enclosed grow-box are the suspended roots which are sprayed for 1 minute, then pumps goes off for 10 minutes, then repeats this cycle 6 to 7 times per hour, 24 hours per day.....I dump the "nutes" weekly to 10 days, re-fill w/fresh distilled water, about 8 gallons, then let the pump rinse the roots for a 2 days, prevents nute lock-out, root bounding and root rot......the gals just love the rinse....

P7260004.JPG
Roots_from_GrwBx_1.JPG
P7260002.JPG

Fader, Thanks for the explanation. I am working w/ soil for now. I may get to hydo soon & have a spot in Yale MI. My thoughts from what you said is to flush my potted plants near the end of growing. I have stepped up on the nutes using a 15 - 30 - 15 ratio for the buds and may pick up on the nitrogen (3 - 1 - 2) but was wondering if it would be best for the taste to just run plain distilled water through the plant a day or so before harvest. I would like to know your thoughts on this. Thanks again

Fader, Thanks for the explanation. I am working w/ soil for now. I may get to hydo soon & have a spot in Yale MI. My thoughts from what you said is to flush my potted plants near the end of growing. I have stepped up on the nutes using a 15 - 30 - 15 ratio for the buds and may pick up on the nitrogen (3 - 1 - 2) but was wondering if it would be best for the taste to just run plain distilled water through the plant a day or so before harvest. I would like to know your thoughts on this. Thanks again

Hey art fog, yeah I always rinse my gals out... In soil I can only assume you can give it distilled water for awhile w/o any nutes b4 you cut, how long or how often, I'd research it for sure..... I rinse my roots for about a week b4 harvest....but thats really easy doing it in hydro or aero-hydro...:goodluck:

Re: Day 36 flowering, Regrow#1

Day 36 of my 1st regrow, the gals are really diggin the extra 2hrs/day since I switch back to 12/12 a week back from 10/14....

Both the Gold and Blue are now showing allot of color and more trichomes production.....will be switching lights to a 08/16 the last 10 days of flowering to enhance maturity and ripening....:slide:

The Colombian Gold day 36 of flowering
P2270021.JPG
P2270018.JPG

P2270003.JPG
P2270001.JPG

P2270002.JPG

The Blue Widow day 36 of flowering
P22700111.JPG
P2270010.JPG
P2270008.JPG

Burning 1280watts, 82,000 lumens of CFLs :peacetwo:

Fader photo about a week ago taken in MI which should be ready mid May.
pot2a2.jpg

same but without the flash

pot5_2_11_1a.jpg

I will get some good close ups next time I get up to Yale. Later:yummy:

Diggin those photos art fog, damn nice grow ya got going.... :goodjob:

Day 50 of flowering on the Landrace Colombian Gold and Blue Widow... both are excellent strains to consume for my lymes disease, diabetes and heart disease.... Busted open a pint jar of my 1st grow from back in the summer of 2010, still sticky, smelling awesome, and man the buzz, couch lock all day w/that....

My day starts w/Blue in the morning, Gold for afternoon and evening my 1st grow.... doing it, growing it, smoken it all day/nite long....

P3120012.JPG

P3120013.JPG
P3120023.JPG
P3120022.JPG
P3120011.JPG
P3120002.JPG

61 days into flowering, re-grow#1, strains are 1 Blue Widow and 3 Landrace Colombian Gold, aero-hydro grow system. Burning 1280watts, +83,000 lumen CFLs for 4 feminized plants in a 12sqft closet.... got a week or so to go b4 the cut.....

P3230015.JPG

P3230006.JPG
P3230011.JPG

P32300011.JPG
P32300141.JPG

The shots look great (what kind of camera?) and can only imagine the quality of BW & LCG. They look lush. :yahoo: I like to be able to socialize and be active w/ smoke so I am curious whats the buzz type for BW & LCG? . I just placed an order for C-OM. It will be a challenge to grow from seed, will have to research the subject. Expecting a notice any day in Ann Arbor.
Fader, Congratulations :welldone: and Thanks for sharing the photos I will also have some to share soon.

The shots look great (what kind of camera?) and can only imagine the quality of BW & LCG. They look lush. :yahoo: I like to be able to socialize and be active w/ smoke so I am curious whats the buzz type for BW & LCG? . I just placed an order for C-OM. It will be a challenge to grow from seed, will have to research the subject. Expecting a notice any day in Ann Arbor.
Fader, Congratulations :welldone: and Thanks for sharing the photos I will also have some to share soon.

Camera I use is a Olympus digital camera, it has 2 zoom or close-up features, most pictures are really clean w/a digital. Regarding the quality of smoke the Landrace Colombian Gold and Blue Widow provides is as such

LCG: smells and taste really sweet, very smooth to smoke and has a creep-up-on-ya effect within minutes and you are in a stoner moment for a few hours..... It will couch lock big time if you let it.... simply put " it kicks ass "
great for pain, increase appitite and depression

BW: smells like juicey fruit gum and has a after taste of blueberries. Very uplifting effect, good for staying busy but then mellows down to that stoner moment for 4-5 hours.... excellent buzz over-all....

Thanks. In 1971 Olympus was becoming a good camera alone w/ Cannon. Then the only 35 mm was Nikon because of its intense promotion. Maybe you know the Life Mag photo people were given free cameras from Nikon. Of course there was the great and still great Hasselblad which was primarly a two & a quarter format Still is was a good camera but so was all the others including my camera at the time, Minolta. Really the biggest issue was quality of lens. All the cameras had issues Olumpus was the meter. It missed the mark by a 1/2 stop sometimes...but it was a good camera. Digital change everything. Sony has a good chance of being the next Nikon or Hasselbland especially since they bought up Minolta and all those lens. I now have a Sony Alpha.
I just picked up Chill OM and Big Bang. Don't know what will happen and a little nervous about starting from seed but this weekend will be the start date.
Straight to soil.
Have to go being rushed. Later and thanks for the responce

Thanks art fog, just about ready to make the cut on this re-grow... planning a whole new grow w/several other stains this summer... I always use seeds, the state I live in has not yet legalized MMJ, so the only way to grow is from seeds. I always get feminized seeds, not regular seeds, prevents having a male plant pollunating a female plant....

Thinking of Skunk#1, Royal Haze, Northern Lights and White Rhino for my 4th grow.... I also have a larger area now to grow in, but will still use my little 12sqft closet as well... my next post will be the harvest outcome of my current re-grow... thanks for your support, stay safe buddy

thanks Quixilvir, art fog for stopping by.... it's been a hectic summer...

Did the cut on 6-5-11, trichomes at 80% cloudy w/+50% amber..... 16 snugly stuffed glass pints jars of Landrace Colombian Gold, 3 pints of Blue Widow.... also 3 gallon zip-lock bags full w/underbud and trim of the sugar leafs...... been in the cure for 4 weeks... smoke report forthcoming..... kickass bud

still need to weigh it out, but 19 pint jars, all that underbud I think I came out ok..... the plan for the next grow is underway, just got a few things to take of around the house and I ride the fatboy whenever I can.... thanks again for your guys support

P42200021.JPG

Back
Top Bottom