Haste's 11/13 From Seed Coco/Perlite Hempy Tent

Haste Makes Waste

Hello 420 friends.
I’m starting a journal to keep better track of what’s what in my little tent in the closet.
Tent is 5 ft H x 3 ft W x 18 in D. Currently have Jamaican Dream from Eva and Cake N’ Chem from Greenpoint under a Mars Hydro TS1000 in coco/perlite hempy buckets. Everything here is 11 on / 13 off from seed, as I have so many strains to get through and little space to spare. Using Greenleaf Nutrients Megacrop and Bud Explosion.
I’m an awfully lazy grower who hasn’t bothered with ph or ppm measurements in a good long while. Looking to motivate myself, using a journal as encouragement, to get more favorable harvests and flavorful smoke. I’ve been at it for nearly 7 years, but still suffer easily corrected mistakes I attribute to my laziness and gullibility.

Jamaican Dream nearing harvest

Cake N’ Chem after some LST to counter stretch

Please accept advanced apologies for not following forum decorum, tips and advice, or if/when I just disappear because pics and posts become too arduous.

A bit more about my little setup. I used to have this 6in inline single speed fan and big 6in x 16in (maybe 18in? can’t recall anymore) in the tent for odor control.

It took up too much room at top of tent, so I switched to a 4in x 12in (maybe 8in? where’s my tape measure?!) inside the tent with a speed controlled fan. Using the big old one for active intake now.

I paid too much for my 4 zone hygrometer years ago, but I love it. It gets annoying keeping batteries in all the sensors, nice to have readings from different spots though. Sensor 1 is on a coffee can in bottom left of the tent. Sensor 2 is on top of my little oscillating tower fan in back left of tent, between height of canopy and the Mars TS1000. Sensor 3 is at the end of the outtake ducting. Sensor 4 is the main unit outside the tent. Wow I need to dust.

Overhead pic of Jamaican Dream this morning. After almost 7 years I’m still a rank novice, but I think she got a bit N toxic from the megacrop. Just received Bud Explosion a week ago to try cut down N but keep P and K high. She’s really boating those top leaves and has yellowing on edges of leaves. I’m not convinced it’s overheated, rather a K deficiency. The leaves are really quite cool to the touch. Running into interesting conversations about leaf temp while kicking around the forum, more reading to do.

Overhead pic of Cake N’ Chem. First signs of flower had me convinced it was a boy, so I ignored watering her in her little hempy yogurt cup. Then pistils appeared and I up-potted to her final hempy bucket. She looks a bit deficient still, hope she turns the corner to better health with more room for roots and more frequent feeding/watering.

Cake N’ Chem on the left, Jamaican Dream on the right. Loving this Mars Hydro TS1000

The claw on the closest side of Cake N’ Chem is a bit deceiving, it presses into tent from the negative pressure. But, tips are a bit light. Need to scale back the megacrop a little.

Watered with just Bud Explosion this morning. N toxicity is a reoccurring theme in my tent. Wise ones would recommend monitoring ph and ppm, I’m sofa king lazy though.

Jamaican Dream, showing some purple after some cold nights in the mid 60s

Cake N’ Chem still stretching

Summer of 2021 I planted five Lowryder #2 seeds outside in my lean-to greenhouse. I kept one male and one female, ending up with only ten viable looking seeds. Planted all of those summer of 2022 where only two made it. As luck would have it, one male - one female. Below is the seeded girl, she gave me around 25 seeds. She was maybe a foot tall.

I also pollinated a couple branches of this Honduras x Purple Badlands, itself the result of some indoor pollen hijinks.

Smoke from the Honduras x Purple Badlands is kind of blah, or meh. Clear headed but also racey and anxiety inducing for me, okay if it’s morning and I have active things to do. It may be interesting to see what kind of plants come from the hondy/pbads x lowryder 2 F2, could be garbage. Plan to try them in the greenhouse this summer.

I haven't grown indoors since the stoned ages of the 70's. For what it cost me in a 2 sliding door closet, running the window A/C, closet fans, humidifier 24/7 and the 2 250 watt metal halides 18 hours a day I could have bought a pound or two and phoned it in. Actually glad I grew in those conditions as I learn something new with every grow😘

Summer of 2021 I planted five Lowryder #2 seeds outside in my lean-to greenhouse. I kept one male and one female, ending up with only ten viable looking seeds. Planted all of those summer of 2022 where only two made it. As luck would have it, one male - one female. Below is the seeded girl, she gave me around 25 seeds. She was maybe a foot tall.

I also pollinated a couple branches of this Honduras x Purple Badlands, itself the result of some indoor pollen hijinks.

Smoke from the Honduras x Purple Badlands is kind of blah, or meh. Clear headed but also racey and anxiety inducing for me, okay if it’s morning and I have active things to do. It may be interesting to see what kind of plants come from the hondy/pbads x lowryder 2 F2, could be garbage. Plan to try them in the greenhouse this summer.
I've got a Magnum auto that was accidentally crossed with a Dragon's Flame Genitics reg. Breeder said 30% autos and I've gotten 90% autos that are every bit as good as any regular. It takes about 100 days from seed to harvest. The reg plants have been really nice as well. 2021 I accidentally crosses it with my GDP, a beautiful purple female came up in a tomato start that I put in the garden and grew the autos there as well. Last year I back crossed them with parent strains. This year I hope to run a few from each back cross and see what I've got. If they're any good I'll cross the auto ones with each other and regs the same.

I haven't grown indoors since the stoned ages of the 70's. For what it cost me in a 2 sliding door closet, running the window A/C, closet fans, humidifier 24/7 and the 2 250 watt metal halides 18 hours a day I could have bought a pound or two and phoned it in. Actually glad I grew in those conditions as I learn something new with every grow😘

Appreciate you checking out my journal, PlumberSoCal.
Old man winter and oppressive laws force me mostly indoors here in NW Nodak. Have city cops 2 houses down who can see my backyard and a county sheriff across the street, they’re decent enough neighbors but would just as soon stay off their radar. My better half has been having fun with the flower garden and trying tomatoes, peas, peppers, cantaloupe and the like in the greenhouse. So my shenanigans aren’t the only thing happening out back. I’ll have to grab a pic of my greenhouse soon, it collapsed in December under heavy snow. It’ll be April before I can get a new one up.

Appreciate you checking out my journal, PlumberSoCal.
Old man winter and oppressive laws force me mostly indoors here in NW Nodak. Have city cops 2 houses down who can see my backyard and a county sheriff across the street, they’re decent enough neighbors but would just as soon stay off their radar. My better half has been having fun with the flower garden and trying tomatoes, peas, peppers, cantaloupe and the like in the greenhouse. So my shenanigans aren’t the only thing happening out back. I’ll have to grab a pic of my greenhouse soon, it collapsed in December under heavy snow. It’ll be April before I can get a new one up.
If it were still illegal here and I had cops as neighbors I don't believe I'd be growing🤣

As it is I'm careful not to place too many plants outside at one time as there is a limit of 6 plants, which isn't near enough as far as I'm concerned😘

If it were still illegal here and I had cops as neighbors I don't believe I'd be growing🤣

As it is I'm careful not to place too many plants outside at one time as there is a limit of 6 plants, which isn't near enough as far as I'm concerned😘
I’ve been feeling brave the last few years. Also, the world goes a bit more mad every day. I was like, what am I waiting for? I purchased SO MANY seeds when I first started too. Got to check them out! I’ll be planting Aiea from Delta 9 Labs in a few days in the tent.

Cheap lean-to greenhouse from the big auction website. Really can’t believe it lasted almost 2 years. It’s always windy here and our winters are not fit for cheaply crafted outdoor greenhouses.

And the ladies inside the tent today. Jamaican Dream likely won’t go past the weekend, she smells lovely.

Cake N’ Chem laughs at my attempts to slow stretch, she loves the Mars Hydro TS1000.

I built my own small greenhouse
FB_IMG_1585141603375.jpg

about 9 years ago. Can't believe it's still standing as I used 3/4" PVC. I have to wrap it twice a year as I use cheap half mil plastic sheeting. It's currently being threatened by a leaning tree that needs to come down.

My lg greenhouse
917515-d3ed6a251a20a404ad15ef45938a41ce.jpg

behind the covered tomato stand is 8' x 16' and I can't find a good pic. I'll take some this afternoon after golf today😉

My plan is to add 7' on the lg greenhouse and tear down the small one before the tree comes down.

We get winds that have taken down sections of our wooden fence, 4 sections last week that I was able to push back and secure but need to sink some metal poles into cement this summer. The work keeping a property never seems to end😥

I built my own small greenhouse
FB_IMG_1585141603375.jpg

about 9 years ago. Can't believe it's still standing as I used 3/4" PVC. I have to wrap it twice a year as I use cheap half mil plastic sheeting. It's currently being threatened by a leaning tree that needs to come down.

My lg greenhouse
917515-d3ed6a251a20a404ad15ef45938a41ce.jpg

behind the covered tomato stand is 8' x 16' and I can't find a good pic. I'll take some this afternoon after golf today😉

My plan is to add 7' on the lg greenhouse and tear down the small one before the tree comes down.

We get winds that have taken down sections of our wooden fence, 4 sections last week that I was able to push back and secure but need to sink some metal poles into cement this summer. The work keeping a property never seems to end😥
That’s rad! *Respect*

Wish I were more handy with building/crafting. Sometimes I think I’d like more space outside of town, but then realize I’m not especially cut out for it.

Tent getting too humid for my comfort.

Jamaican Dream will come down tomorrow, getting her out will help bring down humidity and give Cake N’ Chem more space. A few pretty colors to distract me from the top leaves boating.

Cake N’ Chem still reaching for the Mars Hydro TS1000. I dimmed the light for these two pics, then dialed it back up to 100% before closing the tent.

Planned to plant Aiea from Delta 9 Labs next, but they’re regular seeds and I want a guaranteed female. Going with White Rhino from Nirvana instead, a freebie single from one of my first seed orders over 6 years ago.

First, a peroxide wash. Just a splash should do.

Next, a days soak on top of the cable box.

Last, straight into all perlite hempy yogurt cup.

Ph and ppm pens making an appearance. I’ll need to order some calibration solution, no use measuring when I’m not sure about accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom