FastBud's Auto GSC & Heavyweight Strawberry Cake - Photos - Hempy Style - 2016

re: FastBud's Auto GSC & Heavyweight Strawberry Cake - Photos - Hempy Style - 2016

Time for an update to this list:

Diffidently see I must have been :tokin: something when I added up the total watts in my tent it should be..

LIGHTING: ~550+ Total LED Watts: not 450

Sorry:oops:

re: FastBud's Auto GSC & Heavyweight Strawberry Cake - Photos - Hempy Style - 2016

plants are looking great so far keep up the good work how are you liking the hempy style buckets so far I want to try that style one day

Its really to early to tell DB. BF sent me a PM the other day telling me somethings to watch for when using coco, things that I forgot to take into consideration, things that may have caused some issues that my GS is experiencing now.

You may be able to see it develop in the latest set of pictures if you can't it will be readily apparent when I post week 4's pic's. SC seems to be taking everything in stride and have only shown one leaf tip with any kind of distress.

I'm in real need of help figuring this thing out that's going on with my GS, so if anyone can give me some guidance I'll :adore: you.

Subbed, I can't wait to see how that GSC turns out to be

Thanks for coming over Howell there's plenty of room at the table, I can't wait to see how my GSC turns out too. Even though its genetics says that she's Indica dominant (60%) she looks like she's showing her Sativa parent side to me, got to find out what strain that is. I also wonder if that switch was caused by my topping or some other stress.

:smokin:

I think I'm gonna do a fresh water flush for the rest of this month for my GS to see if she recovers from what I'm seeing. Give me a hand do you think that could be what's needed...

Week 4 pics are up....

GS:
DSC01438-d29GS1.JPG

DSC01437-d29GS1.JPG

DSC01436-d29GS1.JPG

DSC01435-d29GS1.JPG

SC:

DSC01434-d29SC.JPG

DSC01433-d29SC.JPG

DSC01431-d29.JPG

DSC01430-d29.JPG

Later on I'll upload the last of my pic's and that will bring everything up-to-date to day 35 from sprout.

:Namaste:

Thanks for coming over Howell there's plenty of room at the table, I can't wait to see how my GSC turns out too. Even though its genetics says that she's Indica dominant (60%) she looks like she's showing her Sativa parent side to me, got to find out what strain that is. I also wonder if that switch was caused by my topping or some other stress.

:smokin:
Yeah I noticed she's growing pretty long man.. can't you get the lights lower? They're LEDs so you can.

looks like the leaves on the gsc are curled under that could be a sign of nitrogen toxicity

Thanks DB for the tip I'm looking at some NT solutions now because of it. The funny thing though is this, just a while ago I opened the tent to take a good morning peek and all the leaves were straight and pointing to the sun, no curl no nuthin. After about 30 min with the tent open. I came to pull her out to take some pic's under natural lighting and those leaves where curled under again..

I'm starting to think that like a little person trying to get out of school faking sick, forgets that they're sick when the doors closed and no one else is around.

Yeah I noticed she's growing pretty long man.. can't you get the lights lower? They're LEDs so you can.

That's a first Howell, its usually "can't you get the lights any higher" :cheesygrinsmiley: But in answer, the longest is about 6" away from the 700 and I have my other two lights 6" lower than it on the sides angled in so that the sides can get some lighting too. I believe that any stretch she was doing is done but this girl has some high pockets.

Did some more research on auto GSC genetics and her mom is a Durban Poison which is 100% Sativa but she is mixed with a Ruderalis for her auto-ness, her dad is West Coast OG at ~60%. She is also throwing a lot of 3 bladed leaves that I'm assuming is from her ruderalis heritage. But with all being said and done I think she's gonna act more like a photo than a auto...

Here's a couple of shots of the Strawberry Cake; All photos GS/SC are at day 36 since sprout.

fuck that Strawberry Cake looks amazing are you going to wait till the auto is done flowering to put her in flower the Strawberry Cake is a photo plant right

fuck that Strawberry Cake looks amazing are you going to wait till the auto is done flowering to put her in flower the Strawberry Cake is a photo plant right

Thanks man she does and she's a shorty I haven't measured her but she's less than 18" tall, yes she is a photo and I've flipped the light to 12/12 on both of them. I've done some searching and my GS is showing strong Durban Poison phenom so I'm gonna treat her like a photo. I'm still trying to find out about the 3 blade leaves though, I'm believing that its the ruderalis in her genes that's making that happen, I'm also wondering if when I topped her that I suppressed her daddy because at one point in her life she had developed 5 bladed leaves then stopped after I topped her.

:passitleft:

Thanks man she does and she's a shorty I haven't measured her but she's less than 18" tall, yes she is a photo and I've flipped the light to 12/12 on both of them. I've done some searching and my GS is showing strong Durban Poison phenom so I'm gonna treat her like a photo. I'm still trying to find out about the 3 blade leaves though, I'm believing that its the ruderalis in her genes that's making that happen, I'm also wondering if when I topped her that I suppressed her daddy because at one point in her life she had developed 5 bladed leaves then stopped after I topped her.

:passitleft:
If you run 12/12 with the auto will it affect her growth or yield? I have no idea, but thought they require more light.

Sent from my XT1254 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

If you run 12/12 with the auto will it affect her growth or yield? I have no idea, but thought they require more light.

Heck I don't know but will find out, I don't have two tents and even though my SC is less that 18" tall she is at least that wide and I don't want to put her on the 3x1 size side of the tent. The other reason is because the GS is a auto and not depend on the length of light hours for flowering and I wanted them to finish weeks behind each other not months.

But will get back to you on that answer, if I find a answer, shortly.

Well I've done a little research on light schedules for auto's and what I've found so far is that 18/6 is the best to power the bud formations during flowering, so I decided to not change light schedule but to add another 100w's of power to help during the time the lights are on, hopefully that will help offset any lost of yield by not having it on 18/6. We'll see.

I was going to post some more pic's today but I decided to wait until Tuesday the 25th before posting that will give them 3 days of being under more light (oh BTW the girls will be at 40 days from sprout on the 25th). This addition of T5's will up my total output to around 650w of lighting, lets see it if makes a difference, I know the SC will like it but its the GS that I'm hoping will benefit most from it.

:green_heart:

I'm sure it'll be fine. I have been waiting to start my auto's till my regular plants are done . Maybe I should have started them too. Lol

Sent from my XT1254 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Your auto will do fine on a 12/12 cycle. She might not produce as much or as fast with the diminished light but it will make nice buds. You know topping a plant is a bigger stress factor than you think. It redistributes the Auxins or growth hormones, thru out the plant instead of the terminal top. No tell what else it might do, but if it happened right after the toppong it's from that. Stress does strange things to plants. Long as she don't hermie she'll grow outta it. GL Keepem Green

Oh BTW have you had any heat issues? Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom