FastBud's Auto GSC & Heavyweight Strawberry Cake - Photos - Hempy Style - 2016

re: FastBud's Auto GSC & Heavyweight Strawberry Cake - Photos - Hempy Style - 2016

Sometimes i wonder that if the LED grow lights can do a great job for the cannbais,how about for humans? ...just a guess...:volcano-smiley:Maybe make our skin more better?

re: FastBud's Auto GSC & Heavyweight Strawberry Cake - Photos - Hempy Style - 2016

Time for an update: Me and the girls been talking and it was decided that if SC grew 6" by today there would be some major retrovations in the tent. So when the girls wake up we'll see where they stand.:thumb:

Time for an update: Me and the girls been talking and it was decided that if SC grew 6" by today there would be some major retrovations in the tent. So when the girls wake up we'll see where they stand.

Hey raz, what did your girls tell you? I'm all caught up and subbed.

But don't the girls need alot more room to get frisky in? JK,, but plants will grow to allotted space. Girls look great,,, Keepem Green

Well since the last post my SC didn't make the mark for the remodel of the tent so no remodeling was done.

However, it's time for an update and pic's.

Today is day 53 since sprout and up until week 6, I had been feeding them both the same mix; Dyna-Grow Bloom @ 30ml, Open Sesame (dry) @ 1 tsp, Beastie Bloomz (dry) @ 1 tsp, Terpinator @ 30ml, Hi Brix Molasses @ 30ml once per week and cal-mag @ 15ml as needed all @ 1gal.

Since then I've been watering and feeding them individually. The Strawberry Cake is still getting the base feeding but without open sesame and a increase of 1/2 tsp of beastie bloomz. The Girl Scout Cookies is getting the base without open sesame and beastie bloomz, but with the addition of Cha Ching (dry) @ 1 tsp. Both still get foliar feeds, when needed, of: Liquid Light, Cal-Max plus a wetting agent

Up until the sixth week I had been using water purchased at a watering station since its half the price of buying distilled water at my local grocery store. I knew going in that the PH was higher than my tap water and of course distilled water, but I was counting on the soil, (the third layer of substrate in my hempy buckets) to act as a buffer. Moreover, I also knew that the ppm's of that water was lower than 50 so it was a no-brainer to use because the ppm's of my local tap water was greater than 300.

During the time I used the high ph water I had no problems with deficiencies from overfeeding or underfeeding. But I have since changed to tap water because of its lower ph level to see if that could be the cause of the strange growth patterns of the gsc.

My GSC is the weirdest thing I ever seen to date. She's tall and gangly (well not really tall she's only 3ft, (~100cm) but her bud structure is weird it's like she just rolled around in a pile of popcorn from top to bottom. If I go by Fastbud's description she is supposed to be finished in 8 - 9 weeks from sprout, week 9 starts on the 17th of this month but I may give her more time if she needs it, I'll give her until the 13th before deciding if I'm gonna start a flush.

DSC01480_-d40_GS.JPG
DSC01500_d50.JPG
DSC01499_d50.JPG

My SC looks good, she has been since the start of this grow. She has taken in stride everything that I threw at them both, even being fed at the level of my auto. There was one concern that I had during her growth was that when I flipped the lights to 12/12, on (10/17), I didn't see any bud development until 11/1 then the growth has taken off.

IMG_1703_d50.JPG
DSC015079.JPG
DSC01482_-d40_SC.JPG
IMG_1708_d50.JPG

Hey raz, what did your girls tell you? I'm all caught up and subbed.
Hey Gorgar welcome, well my sc didn't make the cut but she has now passed that mark by 2" but was a few days to late for me to do the remodeling.

But don't the girls need alot more room to get frisky in? JK,, but plants will grow to allotted space. Girls look great,,, Keepem Green

Thanks Norcali, coming from you means a lot, you have some fantastic grows under your belt and your advice is much appreciated. You're right they do need some more room and I know that my SC would welcome the room when her sister moves out.

Talking about her sister (GSC) when I put some supports in to hold up her buds, I took one off the bottom cause it was just low on the plant (something that would have probably been pruned by others) but this is what was wild about the little tester. The pistils had already started to turn brown/orange unlike what was/is going on with the buds higher up on the plant. They are still white and looking like they are starting to fill out more. Question, is this sometimes normal or is it possibly due to the strangest of her growth pattern?

Don't get me lying about the trichomes on lower buds. But your girls looks to have abit to go. Unless I'm confused on what's what. I see mention flush? The glance I see doesn't look ready? Now I got bad eyes, and I don't live next door, but I woodn't go just by what they say in flowering. When your talking about as short as the life span of auto's, 5-7 days is alot. And I've never grown a plant that finished in vendors said time,,, least I haven't. Alot of the recommended flowering time is for usable product, but it's prime, needing 20-30% longer. I'm not familiar with autos to much myself. But I think the only thing I could truly bring to the plate wood be, when your dealing with flowering time, anything that helps pack on weight is a good thing. Alot of this goes back to knowing the strain, what she eats, and how long she flowers, but that last couple weeks is it's 'prime' development time, weight and quality. I found just about every plant I ever harvested, I always questioned what if she went another week? It's nice for them to be all they can be.
Most here go by the tric's stage for the harvest, cloudy/amber. Look into the center of buds for this, the outside is usually the young flower stacking up on the buds and some are just sunburnt.. Some plant's trics don't seem to ever amber out. I like to look at pistil development, overall on all the main colas. If they are in the ballpark, of say 7-8 weeks on a non autoflowering strain, they start to turn brown, then I'm getting close. When the are like 1/2 to 2/3 brownish, you should be seeing just about all cloudy trichomes, under a scope. When the pistils are 3/4 brown,it's generally harvest time. So,, just my 2 cents, I look at the flower development over vendors timeframe. To me cutting back on fertilizer 2+ weeks early might they might have had a good use for that last dose? I'm just looking at the pic which makes it hard to tell, but are the buds 'solid'? Or do they need acouple plus weeks? If you think so, I'd juice mine that one last time with some of that high Phous fox farm powders. What Beastie Bloom? Hey it's a great product, alittle goes along ways, but if you have to re-up some of that stuff in the future, check into the dry kool bloom by GH. Been working for me and alot easier on the pocketbook. Kind of all in one of what I call the 'juice' powders. 2-45-28. Who needs nitrogen in these stages?
GL and Keepem Green

@ NorCali
1st...let me say this, Thanks for your insight and experience, we need more people like you who takes the time to help someone you don't know just because its the right thing to do. 2nd...know this, your post is going into my own personal journal for future reflection, with that being said I'm still gonna wait until the 13th to see what type of development I get with the gsc before even starting a flush with the vendors time frame or 8 - 9 weeks. I've only grown auto's twice and neither time were they Fastbud's seeds nor did I do the type of topping I did on it. This is what my last auto looked like at harvest and she wasn't put into the same bondage that my current auto went thru and even then my thoughts were I over did it cause she never got tall at all (even though she yielded a 1/4lb) and I said "I'd never top or try to train a auto again" I did it anyway with this, my gsc and you see what happened to her.

But I'm still learning, still listening (both to humans and to my plants), one day I'll be able to know what my girls need when they need it and won't have to depend on technology to tell me that they're done or that they need this or that.

Boy, I gotta tell ya that Lynyrd Sknyrd and ZZ-Top take me back to the seventies when times for me easier but even then I was looked at as being weird, you just don't know what its like today when I tell folks that "I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was and that I need to Get Drunk and Be Somebody"
:ganjamon:

Thanks NorCali for your help :high-five:

@ NorCali
1st...let me say this, Thanks for your insight and experience, we need more people like you who takes the time to help someone you don't know just because its the right thing to do. 2nd...know this, your post is going into my own personal journal for future reflection, with that being said I'm still gonna wait until the 13th to see what type of development I get with the gsc before even starting a flush with the vendors time frame or 8 - 9 weeks. I've only grown auto's twice and neither time were they Fastbud's seeds nor did I do the type of topping I did on it. This is what my last auto looked like at harvest and she wasn't put into the same bondage that my current auto went thru and even then my thoughts were I over did it cause she never got tall at all (even though she yielded a 1/4lb) and I said "I'd never top or try to train a auto again" I did it anyway with this, my gsc and you see what happened to her.

But I'm still learning, still listening (both to humans and to my plants), one day I'll be able to know what my girls need when they need it and won't have to depend on technology to tell me that they're done or that they need this or that.

Boy, I gotta tell ya that Lynyrd Sknyrd and ZZ-Top take me back to the seventies when times for me easier but even then I was looked at as being weird, you just don't know what its like today when I tell folks that "I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was and that I need to Get Drunk and Be Somebody"
:ganjamon:

Thanks NorCali for your help :high-five:
That's a great looking auto. What kind was it

Sent from my XT1254 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That's a great looking auto. What kind was it

Sent from my XT1254 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey MI thanks for stopping by, what kind was it? Cream of the Crop: Cash Crop its parents are (NL x Big Bud). Real nice and smooth smoke. Been too long since I last smoked on her but I do remember that I never smoked over a 1/2 joint if smoking by myself. She yielded slightly over 4 zips when cured not counting the sugar leaves and popcorn.

Ok guys I feel real foolish right now but I got to tell you this... I told you in my last update that I was weirded out about how my gsc was growing and specifically how the buds on the bottom was seeming to maturing faster than the ones on top.

Well while checking my girls out just now it dawned on me that the reason that they are maturing faster has nothing to do with her genetics or the stressors I may have been subjecting her to but to the extra lights (2 @ T5's) that I added to my tent.

:duh: :loopy:

That first picture looked like a beam me up type shot. She's a glowing.......... Hope ya don't mind I tag along. I don't read so well,, but you have a GSC auto, next to a photo period Strawberry Cake? Then auto should start flowering around 3-4 weeks and you want the regular photo to follow suit? If ya mix the autoflowering with a regular, 'photo', flowering plant, you can expect afew variants come harvest. GL and Keepem Green

Today is the day; this was my moment of truth day for my gsc and it appears that she will live longer, I'm gonna give her until 11/18 before I decide to start her flush.

I have a few close-up shots of the Strawberry Cake I have baking here they are:

IMG_173030.JPG

DSC015476.JPG

DSC01544_SC_14DF.jpg
DSC01541_SC_D14F.jpg
DSC015079.JPG

Don't get me lying about the trichomes on lower buds. But your girls looks to have abit to go. Unless I'm confused on what's what. I see mention flush? The glance I see doesn't look ready? Now I got bad eyes, and I don't live next door, but I woodn't go just by what they say in flowering. When your talking about as short as the life span of auto's, 5-7 days is alot. And I've never grown a plant that finished in vendors said time,,, least I haven't. Alot of the recommended flowering time is for usable product, but it's prime, needing 20-30% longer. I'm not familiar with autos to much myself. But I think the only thing I could truly bring to the plate wood be, when your dealing with flowering time, anything that helps pack on weight is a good thing. Alot of this goes back to knowing the strain, what she eats, and how long she flowers, but that last couple weeks is it's 'prime' development time, weight and quality. I found just about every plant I ever harvested, I always questioned what if she went another week? It's nice for them to be all they can be.
Most here go by the tric's stage for the harvest, cloudy/amber. Look into the center of buds for this, the outside is usually the young flower stacking up on the buds and some are just sunburnt.. Some plant's trics don't seem to ever amber out. I like to look at pistil development, overall on all the main colas. If they are in the ballpark, of say 7-8 weeks on a non autoflowering strain, they start to turn brown, then I'm getting close. When the are like 1/2 to 2/3 brownish, you should be seeing just about all cloudy trichomes, under a scope. When the pistils are 3/4 brown,it's generally harvest time. So,, just my 2 cents, I look at the flower development over vendors timeframe. To me cutting back on fertilizer 2+ weeks early might they might have had a good use for that last dose? I'm just looking at the pic which makes it hard to tell, but are the buds 'solid'? Or do they need acouple plus weeks? If you think so, I'd juice mine that one last time with some of that high Phous fox farm powders. What Beastie Bloom? Hey it's a great product, alittle goes along ways, but if you have to re-up some of that stuff in the future, check into the dry kool bloom by GH. Been working for me and alot easier on the pocketbook. Kind of all in one of what I call the 'juice' powders. 2-45-28. Who needs nitrogen in these stages?
GL and Keepem Green

I to would have to agree on this!!

Looking good though Raziel. Carry On!!

:thumb:

Well its been a few days since I posted in my thread last so here goes.

Its been 9 weeks since my two girls sprouted, a girl scout cookie auto by Fastbuds and a strawberry cake by Heavyweight. The decision was made on 11/13 to start flushing the gsc because of her weird growth and the fact that she hasn't been putting on any extra weight. At the beginning of this journey I was shooting to get at least 4 zips each off of both girls but I'd be blessed to get 1 - 2 zips off of the gsc. Her journey in life was good, she was the first to break ground, the tallest and all the initial signs was pointing to her as being the star of this show, but after I topped and attempted to train her that her growth went weird. Here's a picture of what she looks like:

DSC01499_d50.JPG

even though she looks like she has some long thickening cola's growing and just waiting to fatten up she has decided that she is finished growing here's a pic that I took of her a couple of days ago.
IMG_173728.JPG

most of her pistils have turned brown and a couple of tester buds from the bottom had me saying just one thing, "oooohwee", so with that being said I will be chopping her down within the week.

Now the journey of Heavyweight's Strawberry Cake (formerly known as strawberry cheese cake) has become the star.

DSC015476.JPG

DSC01541_SC_D14F.jpg

Not only does she have a really nice skeletal structure but she is still growing tall, she's almost as tall as her sister now;

IMG_1708_d50.JPG

but her overall looks and spread is spectacular as well (at least to me);

DSC015079.JPG
I see that my (therapy carving) snake wand got into that pic as well.... :laughtwo:

IMG_174132.JPG
IMG_174031.JPG

Well I'll put some more pictures up later but here's a few more.

IMG_173929.JPG
IMG_173629.JPG
DSC015476.JPG
IMG_173031.JPG

The GSC went chop chop yesterday, I didn't take a wet weight, but from the looks of her even without taking a weight and figuring 10% would be the dry weight I doubt if I'll get an ounce, but I'll try another one soon. I'd popped a "Bag-seed" auto from Buddha Seeds its 7 days old now, it was advertised as an assorted auto 10 pack with no information on what each seed is, hence bag-seeds, hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. Here's a few pic of my photo SC that's 21 days in flower:

its crazy how the buds got weird like that on the gsc I have seen another grow that something similar has happened it was another strain from fast buds it was the west coast og from what I was told it was from the ruderalis genetics showing dominance from the strain being unstable it sometimes happens but still sucks

it does not mean that the bud is bad just deformed dont get me wrong I would still smoke it and that strawberry is looking fantastic by the way

Back
Top Bottom