DarkGreenGoo's - HSO Blue Dream - Indoor - LED - Coco Hempy SCROG!

Do you still think you are going to get around 3 oz per plant ?

Last run in the same size space I pulled just about 10oz.

I won't be getting that this round for a few reasons.

Not really sure what I will end up with. I would be happy with 6oz. We will see.

I recently put my T5 blue with my hps together for the flower. Do you think its a good idea? We are growing the same strain. I felt like my HPS wasnt pushing enough light.

With only a couple weeks left before Harvest, I will be giving my initial review of the LED lights. There is some good, and some bad, and it will be a pretty big write up of my experience. It will be posted up here later today. My final thoughts on the light will be posted after harvest. Then plans for my next grow will also be posted up.

Here are a few photos from today.

Dec_19_9_.jpg
Dec_19_8_.jpg
Dec_19_6_.jpg
Dec_19_5_.jpg
Dec_19_7_.jpg
Dec_19_2_.jpg
Dec_19_1_.jpg
Dec_19_3_.jpg
Dec_19_4_.jpg

I decided to keep the review of the light (initial review) until the end of harvest and drying. I am debating heavily between going with the 450 for my next grow in the flower tent, or going back to HPS. I think the best for me would have been two 300's in the flower tent, and the 450 in the veg tent (for the more powerful veg spectrum).

So I may move the 450 to the veg tent, and put my 300 on the shelf until I can afford another one sometime next year. We will see though. Nothing is final for the next flowering phase (which will be Northern Light Blue's).

Using two 300's would have allowed me to put on at each end of the tent, then tilt them slightly so the edges in the middle make a very small triangle. This would allow me to get complete and even coverage of every inch of the tent.

LED's require lots of dialing in. It's not as simple as an HPS. So if you are thinking of picking some up, make sure to really think about your setup. Sometimes it may be worth spending an extra $50-100 to grab two less powerful lights, as opposed to one more powerful light, if it means superior coverage.

The 450 is more than enough for my tent by a long shot, but due to the height restrictions, I am unable to keep my plants at a distance which would allow the light to get the coverage it needs.

I am with you more "small" light is much better.

But I seems more important to train to get an even canopy and leave at least 10" distance to the light.

I ordered a 300w led yesterday, thanks for the insight and details DGG. What did you find was the safest/most effective height above canopy for the light?

My two 450W LEDs are in veg mode, in the veg tent, at about 20 inches average from the tops of DNA LA Chocolat, TGA Space Jill, TH Seeds Darkstar, BOG Seeds Sour Strawberry, Greenhouse Jack Herer and Cali Connection Alien OG (one of each). My two P300's are in the flower room at at the moment in flower mode at 18 inches above the dwarf auto Joint Doctor Betty Boos for 18/6 - and all the girls are happy.

Thanks for all the comments guys, and thank you to anyone who has continued to check out this journal.

Today will be the last day of feeding for the plants. It is Day 62. I will begin flushing on Day 64 with Florakleen. And continue to flush through Day 67. I will chop the plant at Day 67-70. Since I am using Coco, I do not need to flush as long as most. A 3-6 day flush is more than enough. I will be giving them 5 gallons of Water each day from 64 on. The first two days I will be using Florakleen.

I took a sample branch down a couple days ago. One that was not getting much light, and was extremely fluffy and would have gone to edibles. I quickly dried it, and sampled it. Took away my upset stomach, and left me pretty stoned for a few hours. All in the head, no paranoia, no anxiety. With a proper dry and a proper cure, this stuff should be perfect for what I was aiming for.

I normally do a small sample to tell when the plants are done, but they are turning cloudy quickly, and should have about 10 percent or less amber when I do the chop.

Now for some updates on my situation. I have a veg tent setup and I have Northern Light Blue by Delicious seeds vegging. They are still small, just growing their second set of true leaves.

I will be mainlining these plants, and tossing them in my flower tent in 8 weeks or so. This will be my next grow on here.

I am purchasing a very high quality mirrorless camera in the next couple days. This will allow me to take lots of fantastic shots throughout the grow. It will also allow me to record high quality 1080p video and do video updates. I also plan on picking up method 7 lens for the camera to filter out the LED/HPS colors.

Each journal I am going to try to increase the quality, updates and information.

Thanks DGG, for sharing your technique to rookies all over the world. Sharing universal love for what you do. Thank you.
Looking forward to the new pics!

:cheer::Namaste: Andy.

So they are quite on schedule, did you think about to chop just the colas and give your popcorn some more days with full light.

Boys need toys those M 7 are on my list too.

I did too much training or it was a bad electric installation witch left a nearly invisible glow on my P450 after shut of.
This was in the first week of bloom, murphy is everywhere as I did a new installation of 2 lines and than had some work to do and put it on the old power line.

So I got very little stretch with my BD but glad I discovered it and they look perfect on day 20 just to short.

Cant wait to get a smoke out of it, I shared some of my NL Auto grow after curing and many as myself say it was the best smoke for years.
It is just how bad it is was you get her for 15€ / g

So they are quite on schedule, did you think about to chop just the colas and give your popcorn some more days with full light.

Boys need toys those M 7 are on my list too.

I did too much training or it was a bad electric installation witch left a nearly invisible glow on my P450 after shut of.
This was in the first week of bloom, murphy is everywhere as I did a new installation of 2 lines and than had some work to do and put it on the old power line.

So I got very little stretch with my BD but glad I discovered it and they look perfect on day 20 just to short.

Cant wait to get a smoke out of it, I shared some of my NL Auto grow after curing and many as myself say it was the best smoke for years.
It is just how bad it is was you get her for 15€ / g

Unfortunatly I use my flower tent to dry my buds, as I can control the space inside perfectly (humidity, drying time, exhaust etc..)

The popcorn stuff won't go to waste though. The other person I grow for has COPD and Cancer. They are unable to smoke, but use edibles. I should have enough to make 6 months worth of Tinctures.

Thanks DGG, for sharing your technique to rookies all over the world. Sharing universal love for what you do. Thank you.
Looking forward to the new pics!

:cheer::Namaste: Andy.

Thanks man!

I will post up the full finish schedule, as well as a link to download 275 photos of this grow, from start to finish.

Hopefully I will be getting some real high quality photos and information next grow, and when I go full Organic, I will be able to document the process STEP BY STEP. Which I feel the Internet is very much lacking in.

Looking Good! I'm right behind you with my blue dream (about day 58 ish). Still seeing white pistils. I want to take past 9 weeks and see what she looks like. Will start flushing in a few days!! Smells GOOD!!!

This has been a great thread. Highly informative and educational. Looking forward to the next one. I will definitely subscribe. Thx for all of the information shared.
Stimpy

Back
Top Bottom