Seraphim's Tangilope - Coco Smart-Hempy - LED Grow 2014

She is frosty as hell! Smells amazing. Its hard to explain but the smell is a little more mature now. (A little less sweet and more rotten like.. in a good way!)

We are just about to start week seven of flowering and I was very happy to stumble upon a single amber trichome. Of course when I went to look for it with the camera I couldn't find it. But I got a good look at it and it's a welcome sign. She is still 99.99% clear/cloudy.

IMG_29295.JPG

IMG_29175.JPG

IMG_292110.JPG

IMG_291310.JPG

IMG_29318.JPG

Here are some trichome shots..

IMG_293611.JPG

IMG_293711.JPG

IMG_29427.JPG

IMG_29475.JPG

IMG_29493.JPG

Re: Seraphim’s Tangilope - Coco Smart-Hempy - LED Grow 2014

Thank you C-man! Those colors vary from strain to strain. Each plant is different. These do look nice though. As do yours!

Not sure if I mentioned this already but her entire flowering life she has been under a 11/13 regime (11 hours on, 13 hours off) This seems to be recommended by the more knowledgeable growers and there seems to be a consensus around it. She also got 2 x Long Dark Nights (36 hours of total darkness) as the other two plants were preparing for harvest.

She is nowhere near the size of blue widow. Two reasons, #1 - I flipped her too soon. She was rather small when I flipped her. Definitely smaller than Blue Widow, not that it is an identical genetic match but rather an observation. #2 I defoliated the crap out of her at the wrong time during flowering. After that defoliation, she never got any bigger. I suspect yield will be below Blue Widow's 4.5 Oz record. Not a big deal as I have a butt-load of Bubba Cheese and Blue Widow still. Ms Devil went to a cancer patient, the whole thing. She loved the smoke so I just gave it all to her husband to bring to her it was just about an ounce or so left. These are the reasons why I would never make any money selling weed, I just like giving it away much better. Just the way it is.

Happy Sunday from Mile High!!

:volcano-smiley:

Not sure if I mentioned this already but her entire flowering life she has been under a 11/13 regime (11 hours on, 13 hours off) This seems to be recommended by the more knowledgeable growers and there seems to be a consensus around it. She also got 2 x Long Dark Nights (36 hours of total darkness) as the other two plants were preparing for harvest.

She is nowhere near the size of blue widow. Two reasons, #1 - I flipped her too soon. She was rather small when I flipped her. Definitely smaller than Blue Widow, not that it is an identical genetic match but rather an observation. #2 I defoliated the crap out of her at the wrong time during flowering. After that defoliation, she never got any bigger. I suspect yield will be below Blue Widow’s 4.5 Oz record. Not a big deal as I have a butt-load of Bubba Cheese and Blue Widow still. Ms Devil went to a cancer patient, the whole thing. She loved the smoke so I just gave it all to her husband to bring to her it was just about an ounce or so left. These are the reasons why I would never make any money selling weed, I just like giving it away much better. Just the way it is.

Happy Sunday from Mile High!!

:volcano-smiley:

Mistress Karma, will reward you for your actions.. A very generous gift you made there.. Massive respect to you !

+reps for helping a poor soul, relieve some pain.. All with the gift of your weed.

A full soul is better than a full wallet

:bravo:

Thanks guys. I didn't even think about it, just seemed like the right thing to do and it felt darn good to do so. And it will not be the last bud she gets from me. Her husband is who I am originally friends with and he smokes too. I am honored that I can help them out.

Thanks Sephiroth420. Welcome aboard!

I try to reserve judgement until bud is cured and smoking but this Tangilope thus far has me giddy with excitement. The aroma coming off this bud is magnetic. As in I can't get my nose off the buds. I go nuts over it daily. This strain might just make it into the short list, let's see how it finishes.

Quick update:

Looking over at her, the buds are fat. They are being held up with strings.

She is advancing very fast. This plant is going to be done earlier than the breeder's stated 9 weeks. I can only attribute it to the 11-On/13-off lighting schedule I have her on. She also went through two separate periods of 36 hours of total darkness (prepping for other plant's harvests) so between all of that, she is ready to go about a week early. I am seeing swaths of amber trichomes everywhere. They are even showing up on the actual buds in some cases. I would be surprised if she makes it another week. Certainly not two. Not at the rate these ambers are appearing. She could be taken down now, but i want to let her go as long as possible. Those buds are fattening up by the minute.

Here, take a look....

IMG_29786.JPG

IMG_29795.JPG

IMG_29815.JPG

IMG_29828.JPG

Given the structure of the plant, I am thinking of doing a double harvest.

First the surrounding crown of main buds, leaving the lower canopy to mature a little longer and get a little bigger, then when that is ready I will harvest the rest of the plant.

Thanks Sephiroth420. Welcome aboard!

I try to reserve judgement until bud is cured and smoking but this Tangilope thus far has me giddy with excitement. The aroma coming off this bud is magnetic. As in I can't get my nose off the buds. I go nuts over it daily. This strain might just make it into the short list, let's see how it finishes.

Quick update:

Looking over at her, the buds are fat. They are being held up with strings.

She is advancing very fast. This plant is going to be done earlier than the breeder's stated 9 weeks. I can only attribute it to the 11-On/13-off lighting schedule I have her on. She also went through two separate periods of 36 hours of total darkness (prepping for other plant's harvests) so between all of that, she is ready to go about a week early. I am seeing swaths of amber trichomes everywhere. They are even showing up on the actual buds in some cases. I would be surprised if she makes it another week. Certainly not two. Not at the rate these ambers are appearing. She could be taken down now, but i want to let her go as long as possible. Those buds are fattening up by the minute.

Here, take a look....

IMG_29786.JPG

IMG_29795.JPG

IMG_29815.JPG

IMG_29828.JPG

Given the structure of the plant, I am thinking of doing a double harvest.

First the surrounding crown of main buds, leaving the lower canopy to mature a little longer and get a little bigger, then when that is ready I will harvest the rest of the plant.

:thedoubletake:

That's pretty awesome Seraphim on so many levels! Update please? Did you harvest part yet?

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Hello C-man!

No harvest yet but I did nip a small lower bud and Ohhh myyy Lord!! This is FIRE!! Hands down the stickiest and best smelling/tasting bud I have done thus far this year.

OK Guys, this double harvest is going to have to start happening here tomorrow morning for the upper crown of buds. There are more than the required 10% ambers on those upper buds at this time. The upper buds also make it difficult to inspect the lower canopy. So, they are on the chopping block for tomorrow morning.

That small bud I took from her didn't have any amber at all and was very good. I expect these to be better. Even the empty container I had it in smells good a couple of days after its been empty.

This will be my first double harvest but in my mind I should end up with more prime bud this way than by harvesting all at once.

I am also playing with the idea of attempting a re-veg of this plant after the second half of harvest. If she does re-veg, I would basically use her for clones. This will also be my first re-veg post-harvest attempt. If it works I can grow the clones in high brix soil and really experience the full terpene profile of this strain which even with coco is freaking amazing!

I really love the way this lady is turning out. Fast finishing, great looking dense buds with perfect structure. I can tell trim will not be difficult. She gets you very high, but it is her smell and taste that make me want more and more. I love it. I will try to re-veg and keep this one around.

The Lemon Juice and baking soda as well as many gallons of distilled water are ready to wash those upper buds upon harvest tomorrow.

Last look at Tangilope in her current form.

IMG_30494.JPG

IMG_30506.JPG

IMG_30536.JPG

IMG_305711.JPG

IMG_306112.JPG

IMG_306511.JPG

IMG_305910.JPG

IMG_306611.JPG

IMG_306712.JPG

IMG_30718.JPG

IMG_30728.JPG

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks C-Man! :Namaste:

I am sorry I didn't clone her earlier and even if I get more tangilope seeds it is not a guarantee that I will get this very same phenotype so I want to try to see if I can save it by re-vegging and cloning. The re-veg thing is a prayer basically. I don't know if it will work or not but I figure it can't hurt to try.

Oh, and I really wish you were here too man! I need help smoking all this. Even giving away care packages to several of my close friends (free of course) I still have too much for me to consume. I keep inquiring about everyone's weed situation offering to help where I can.

Can you take a pic after cut her. Curious as to how much you will leave. Have you ever re-vegged one before?

Will do Colesdad/C-man!

Update!

Well, things happened this morning. The crown of upper buds was harvested at dawn. My girlfriend freaked out a little as I took over the bathroom for bud washing which I had never done before. I was asked: "Is this a thing now?" to which I matter of fact-ly answered. "Yes." Without further explanation. No more questions were asked. After a brief silence I said. "I love you". And I got an "I love you" back. So, we're good! :)

Here are the harvested and washed buds. I washed with three containers. First is the 5 gal with warm water and 2 cups of baking soda and one cup of lemon juice. Then the other two with room temp (which is a little cold) distilled water to rinse off the buds in first in one, the the other. then hang to dry with nothing trimmed but the largest of fan leaves.

IMG_30864.JPG

IMG_30893.JPG

IMG_30924.JPG

The new Tangilope looks like a small tree with a very nice looking canopy. Upon initial inspection the buds down there (the new canopy) does look less ready than the buds that were harvested this morning. I did find some ambers but very little compared to upstairs. So far I am glad I am doing this harvest in two stages. It seems clear that the amount of grade-A buds from this harvest will be a higher percentage. When these buds look ready I will harvest again most buds but leaving behind some pop corn buds and as much green leaves as I possibly can. So this next harvest is going to be a careful, almost surgical affair and not a chop-chop job.

IMG_30967.JPG

IMG_30976.JPG

IMG_30986.JPG

IMG_30997.JPG

IMG_31006.JPG

IMG_31015.JPG

So this is half harvest. Then comes second half of harvest. Then comes the re-veg attempt.

Happy growing and thanks for stopping by!

:Namaste:

Your FAT BUDS look soooo nice Seraphim!

Congratulations on the first cut! :bravo:

You are quite correct in that we are indeed going to have a Happy Holidaze!! :blunt:

Now, tell me about this bud washing. I saw SweetLeef do it...It is counter intuitive for me to submerge buds in water so I want to hear your story, especially since I know you are adept at writing...PLZ

I really appreciate Tangelope. Fat awesome looking buds in a compact bush with the necessity for two harvests...Peace and Props to the Gardener! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom