Seraphim's Coco-Hempy Bubba-Cheese & Blue Widow LED Grow Journal 2014

The shine on Blue Widow’s leaves is back and looks very good. The burnt tips on the teeth of her leaves has not increased in size in the last few days. She looks generally good, healthy and happy and if I could speak plant, I think she’d be saying she feels better. Hopefully we are back to regularly scheduled bud production with her.

IMG_219610.JPG

IMG_219710.JPG

IMG_219913.JPG

Also, Ms Devil, who was on the chopping list for this morning, lives longer as she is not ready to go yet per the trichomes; looks like one more week or so. Bubba Cheese chugs along just fine without much of note to speak of.

IMG_226610.JPG

IMG_226710.JPG

IMG_22719.JPG

IMG_22729.JPG

re: Seraphim's Coco-Hempy Bubba-Cheese & Blue Widow LED Grow Journal 2014

Thanks Catman!

Right now Blue Widow is 34 inches tall from the base of the planter on the floor to the tip of the tallest bud. And just as wide.

I had to go back to page one of your journal to get it straight in my mind the size of your grow area - you've got a bigger closet than I - which is good due to the size of that beast you've got! So I also saw the start of your grow as well and it just blows my mind how this plant evolves! and the different strains folks made so they could get just the buzz they wanted. Lucky us! Great growing Seraphim!

:peace:

I have 2 grow areas. One veg and one flower. Both in tents.

The veg tent is 22" X 36" X 65" and is inside the walk in closet and that is where Ms Devil and the next grow live. The light there is on 16 hrs a day.

Then there is the bloom tent which is 2' X 4' X 7.5' and that is of course on only 12 hours a day.

All of this is in my 'man-room' which is also my office with my desk and computer where I work from every day.

...All of this is in my 'man-room' which is also my office with my desk and computer where I work from every day.

:bravo:

I have been exploring the possibility of putting a dedicated veg tent in the 2x3 size for my "man room" too, since this cabinet isn't light-proofed.

Good morning 420Mag!

Ms Devil was harvested this morning. My fingers are sticky! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I lost the power supply cord to my laptop and I am on what's left of battery backing it up so I figured I'd put this update while the backup happens and then I have to shut down and get a new power supply cord.

Her entire life she grew under a single Mars-II 400watt LED from TopLED with the veg spectrum, she was in a container that was too small for her and she was over-fed and burned pretty good towards the end there. But she still came through with 196 grams wet weight. I will update with dry weight as the head into the mason jars for curing.

She smells AMAZING!!! Its like Christmas morning for me here today. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Here she is.....

IMG_230714.JPG

IMG_230811.JPG

IMG_231011.JPG

IMG_231212.JPG

IMG_231612.JPG

IMG_23188.JPG

IMG_231912.JPG

IMG_232113.JPG

IMG_23226.JPG

IMG_23236.JPG

IMG_23258.JPG

IMG_232811.JPG

IMG_232913.JPG

what can I say. I am happy.

The other two ladies are moving along fine thus far after that last episode with the nutes.

<clap><clap> :bravo:

I agree with catman...grats on the harvest, but moreso, way to hang tough and you'll still end up with a couple zips of what looks like some good, potent bud.

+reps man. :cool:

Congrats, Seraphim! A nice harvest to complement your efforts. Those are some really nice looking flowers you have there.

Thanks for sharing your journey. It's been a pleasure to follow along. Let us know how cure and consumption goes!

/Obi Wan
:Namaste:

Thanks Catman, Gov and Obi!

I finally got my laptop power cord back and my laptop back up (been off line for the last couple of days).

Anyway, that harvest was just the automatic, the other two ladies from this journal, Blue Widow and Bubba-Cheese, are still going.

And so is the little one, for whom I need to start a journal soon as she's going into flowering today. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I am very happy that both Blue Widow and Bubba-Cheese got past the nute-burn. While stalled for a bit back there, bud-growth is back on schedule and is evident to the naked eye. Blue Widow is specially large, she's a monster and stinks very good.

Of course Ms Devil is still in the drying stage and will be a few more days before she is ready for the jars. For now, my second bathroom smells heavenly!

As you may know, I have had something in the background growing. And I think she is now ready for her public day view. And while this Bubba-Cheese/Blue Widow journal is not yet complete, I'd like to let everyone know that the next journal has gone live. You can find it here: Seraphim's TANGILOPE / Coco Smart-Hempy / LED grow 2014

I wrote a damn half page reply, but I hit the back button and, poof, all gone!

Basically I wanted you to elaborate on the hempy style. I'm doing traditional, hole about 2in up the side w perlite on the bottom.

The bowl serves as the resv, right? Overflow goes to the bottom of the pot? Are there holes under the pot? What have you found to be the benefit as opposed to traditional way?

Thumbs up for the mostly perlite use. I'm concerned about my medium holding too much water, I'm certainly using more next time.

And of course, good luck with the grow!

I wrote a damn half page reply, but I hit the back button and, poof, all gone!
I've done that. Sucks!

The bowl serves as the resv, right? Overflow goes to the bottom of the pot? Are there holes under the pot? What have you found to be the benefit as opposed to traditional way?

Are you asking about the regular (traditional) hempy or the smart-hempy I am using in the other grow?

Thumbs up for the mostly perlite use. I'm concerned about my medium holding too much water, I'm certainly using more next time. And of course, good luck with the grow!

Thanks Colesdad!

FINAL WEIGHT ON MS DEVIL

MS Devil's pale raspberry scented buds clocked in a final dry weight of 46 Grams dry as they made their way into the mason jars for curing.

I am beyond happy with that output given the ultra-small container and the bad nute burn I gave her. I hoped to get at least one ounce from her and I got over an ounce and a half!! That's awesome!!! Thank you MS Devil! I am so glad I kept you around! And thank you too Catman12 for encouraging me to keep her.

Please note this journal is not over yet! We still have Blue Widow and Bubba-Cheese in the bloom tent to go. I did nip a small, lower bud from Blue Widow today and am letting it dry out to test. She smells the best of all of my flowering girls.

Stay tuned for a smoke report on Ms Devil after at least 2 weeks of curing have passed.

I am truly humbled by Ms Devils final weight. I had no idea she would ever produce so well - simply because she was a mutant and looked to be a small auto really in the beginning.

You sound like me, nipping a bit (or so) of your Blue Widow :cheesygrinsmiley: I am still fascinated by the extreme amount of varying cannabis strains available, each with their own nuanced effects. Always looking forward to a smoke report brother

Great job on Ms Devil:goodjob:

I am truly humbled by Ms Devils final weight. I had no idea she would ever produce so well - simply because she was a mutant and looked to be a small auto really in the beginning.

You sound like me, nipping a bit (or so) of your Blue Widow :cheesygrinsmiley: I am still fascinated by the extreme amount of varying cannabis strains available, each with their own nuanced effects. Always looking forward to a smoke report brother

I have a feeling you are going to surprise the bells out of yourself when your final weights come in, Catmam. And thank you. I would love nothing more than to be able to share this smoke with you man.

Frankly I am surprised too. I really did expect less. An ounce would have counted as a success in my book for this one.

When you calculate how much this one small automatic alone will save me as opposed to purchasing bud at the store ($45-$47 an 1/8th with tax) we are looking at roughly $600 or so savings over purchasing my bud at recreational store prices with tax.

That's $600 that I would have surely spent which now stays in my pocket. A few more ounces and all the equipment will have soon paid for itself and from there forth it's gravy.

Back
Top Bottom