WW Autos Super Hempy - LED - HPS - Miracle Grow Experiment

Pic update.

flowering plants -- DAY 52

Come July 15th, the 5 plants outside, will be 2 months into flower. but I had to bring them back in under a 600w hps because they started to revert to veg do to the 15.5 hour light period now. I could have put black garbage bags over them for the last few hours of light, but that is just too much work. They are almost finished anyhow, so I will let them finish under the light. I had to put an AC in the flower room. I only have it on during the hot part of the day, then I switch the mode to fan.

Here is a pic of what a bud looks like when it starts to revert.

july7-cr-revert.jpg

It might take a bit longer for the critical to revert and dense up more. She also started flowering later than the other three, 2x purple haze, 1x mendo purp. The mendo purp shows no signs of revert but on a few buds. One of the purple haze's has about half of the buds that show signs of revert. I was going to start flushing them, but now I am going to wait for them to be fully back into flowering, and showing signs of buds thickening, then I will start flushing. Until then, they get high pk and regular feeding inbetween. So like high pk feed, regular water and sweet, then normal feed, then regular water, then high pk, etc.

july7-cr.jpg

Here is one of the larger Critical Mass #47 buds. She still has a good month, I think. At least three weeks. She is getting lots of crystals.

july7-purphaze.jpg

Here is one of the larger purple haze buds.

So, DWC makes a huge difference. The daughters of Critical, the clones, were all fed the same thing up until I transplanted them into dwc 2x, and 18 gallon totes coco plus perlite. They were in cups, then in 1 gals before transplanting into the large totes. The dwc grew inside, both under 1 400w hps, that has gone through 2 grows. They were in 5 gal buckets, two stones, no circulating water. The ones that were transplanted into the 18 gal totes, coco perlite, were then placed outside, so they got more light, yet look how much larger the dwc under the 400w are.

july4-dwc.jpg

This is when they were in a bucket. I just put them outside, in 18 gallon totes, two stones still, and the totes are covered with panda plastic.

july6-cr-outdoor.jpg

Here is her sister, same age. Way smaller. The stalk on the dwc's are like 3x as thick.

july6-cr-dwc.jpg

Here is a dwc critical clone, outside being trained. I stuck bamboo sticks in the ground, and tied the branches to them with fuzzy sticks. This allows light to penetrate all bud sites well, and get inside the plant. I will lollipop soon when I take clones.

july1-roots.jpg

This is how big her roots were about a week ago. They are larger now.

I got this dwc stuff locked down, same with coco perlite. The 4 plants in flower, coco perlite, mendo purp in pure rockwool, have shown no signs of burn, or lack of anything. Well, when they were in the cold, outdoors, in may, they showed some signs of mag def, but that was easily corrected when I was able to start bringing them inside at night.

The dwc critical clones have stayed nice and dark green their whole life so far. No signs of burning, not even tips. I use a basic system. I am testing out two feedings.

vf-11 400-500 ppm plus 150-200 ppm cal mag plus. And one capful of full power humic acid. That's it. Nothing else in the bucket res. Two large air stones.

In both buckets, I also add the recommended amount of drip clean, and some h202. I can only buy the 3% h202 now. Some new stupid law. Anyway. I just pour a good amount in there. Probably about a table spoon per gallon. Sometimes I just leave out the h202. Drip clean seems to do the trick. If I notice any slime, I add h202.

The other gets the 6-9 ratio of General Hydroponics, micro 6, bloom 9. However, I don't do 6ml per gal. Rather, I take the amount of gallons of water, multiply 6 by that number, so now 18, then divide by two. So I run the 6-9 ratio at half strength. I don't use the green veg bottle at all. That is about 500ppm. I then add about 100ppm to 150ppm of Sweet. You can also use Epsom salt plus sugar, same shit. Put in about 100ppm of Epsom salts, then add like a table spoon of sugar per 2 gallons or something.

This makes up for the lack of mag sulfur in the 6-9 ratio of micro and bloom. I then add a cap full of full power humic acid. That's it. Simple.

You can also just use 500ppm or flora nova bloom. Maybe add a little sweet and humic acid.

Humic acid allows the roots to more easily suck up the nutes.

You can try bumping the ppms up to 600-700 after the buds are getting large.

I left the bitches outside in those long hours too long
So they reverted a bit so going to take longer
Before they finish.

And I got mother f'ing caterpillars. If rather just
Deal with mites than those fuckers

Truly an amazing grow. Props man.. Oh yeah I love the DIY bamboo and tying stick method, I think I'll give that a try. And you said you LST'd since a baby? I'm going to experiment. Happy Growing And Harvesting!!

caterpillars are easy Le Derf.

Just get some Bacilus Thurengensis and they will die. Its safe to spray on buds even same day of harvest (but why would you then lol?)

The only thing about spraying the buds with wetness is of course you can cause budrot or maybe PM. But just spray on windy nights with lower humidity and it should be fine.

Quick update. I will try to post picks tomorrow.

Jimmy, thanks about the BT, I heard great things about it. I think I killed all the caterpillars by hand; what a bitch. They haven't come back and it has been over a week.

If you start your plants early outside, after you have vegged them inside a while, and they flower like in May, then by God don't let them revert. Not worth it. Take them inside under 12/12 before July. Don't even wait for July. They will revert, and what sucks, is by the time you see signs of reverting, it's too late.

You bring them into 12/12 after seeing signs of reverting, and guess what? They are still reverting back to veg. It takes like a week for them to go back into flower, by then, your dense buds, that were almost finished, are not dense hardly at all. Some might be almost all grown out. Now it can take up to two months for the buds to finish, but the parts that didn't revert were almost done. It leads to buds that are more done in some parts and less done in others. Head ache.

I will never make that mistake again.

Anyways. I harvested most of the mendo purp as it didn't revert much at all. It finished out nicely. It wasn't a big yielder, though. Got 36 dried grams off it so far. I think there is still 36 grams left on the plant, after I harvest and dry. I wanted to see if the buds were dense up more. I also wanted to flush a bit longer.

Nonetheless, the smoke report for the mendo purp was excellent, from a few card holders. They said it was some of the most stoney shit ever. Props for Mendo Purp's genetics. I want to try that strain again but in DWC. I think I will pretty much stick with DWC.

However, dwc is not good outside, unless you use heater and chiller. I haven't used either. The water temp in mid day, 3pm, is about 75 f, which isn't too bad. I use the panda plastic on the outside of the tub, plus I use light colored cardboard as a shield on top of the tote. I cut a slit and hold in the middle, so I could pull it over the stem.

No doubt, hands down, dwc beats the shit out of coco/perlite. Way bigger stems. Way bigger plants.

Both outside dwc plants started to yellow, from the bottom, so lack of nitrogen, but I don't think it is from low ppms. I think it is do to temps locking it out a bit. The plant that was on just vf-11 and cal-mag + started turning way yellow, but only after the root system was massive, and the plant massive. This tells me that vf-11 lacks nitrogen for the later stages of veg. ppms 700-800, and the ppms stay that way after days, and after drinking lots of water, and after the PH rises slowly. This tells me the plant is getting enough nutes, other wise the ppms would drop while the water drops.

I have switched the plant over to General Hydroponics, micro bloom, 6-9 ratio, or rather 3-4.5 ratio, plus Sweet, or some epsome salt, about a teaspoon per 5 gallons. You can make your own sweet.

epsome salt, korn syrup, and hard candy flavor, which you can order online. Comes in all kinds of flavors.

Some dumb ass decided to spray my other outside coco/perlite plants with water on a hit day. Fuck. They survived, though. I picked off all the burnt leaves, and now they are almost full again, from being naked.

Some pictures. One thing I've learned is to be sure your root system is big and healthy while in veg before you flower. Make sure they have grown to fill the size of their final pot before you flower them. Big roots in veg = big yields.

So, off the 4 plants, critical, two purple hazes, and one mendo purp, I got about 8oz dry. I will post some pics of the buds later. The mendo purpe pulled in under 2oz dry. Not a big yielder. However, I had complications with these plants. had to battle mites from the beginning of flowering because I contacted them at my brother in laws. I had to vacuum twice a day once I got them upstairs. I also used mighty wash, which kept them way down after spraying three times at 3 days apart.

Mites, caterpillars, and bud rot really effected the yields. Just the critical alone should have produce half a pound or more. Oh well. I learned a lot about out door growing.

I bombed the upstairs, all three rooms to kill the mites. I sprayed all the outdoor plants for mites with floramite. I will be bringing the large DWC critical upstairs to flower under a 600w. I think I will use a mesh this time so I can really train it well to fill up a 4x4 area. I hope to get a pound off her, which I think I will if I don't run into complications.

Here is a pic of her.

aug7-c-dwc.jpg

She is a monster. I've been low stress training her. Her root system is massive already. Stock is thick. She's way bigger than her sisters in 18 gallon pots, coco+perlite. No doubt, dwc grows faster, larger plants.

Here is pics of the coco+perlite 18 gallon critical clones.

Aug7-c-topped.jpg

I only topped this one, I think once. Other than that, no training. I want to see how well a no trained plant does outside, verses trained plants.

aug-7-c-bushy.jpg

These are some trained plants, sisters. All my outdoor plants right now are clones from the critical I just finished harvesting. They are all the same age. They were all fed the same thing while in solo cups. Two went to dwc, the rest to 18 gal coco+perlite.

The trained plants look like they will produce more, I think. Oh, the untrained plant, I recently defoiled because someone sprayed the plants with water on a hot day while the sun was out. Yup, I was pissed. I picked all the burnt leaves off, and they recovered nicely.

BUD weigh in.

So I ended up getting 9oz from three plants. I had to ditch one of them because it reverted too much to be worth my time because they all had bad spider mites. I wasn't going to fit mites for two more months with mighty wash. So 9oz dry was more than I expected. Bud came out stoney according to several patient testers.

Here is some of the Critical x47 after completely dr, which I found out is Critical x ak47. For some reason, I was thinking it was pure critical, and didn't even catch the x47 part being ak47. Great mix.

aug19-budz.jpg

aug19-budz2.jpg

BTW, you can use Mighty Wash even with big buds on your trees. Vacuum, then spray might wash every three days until you don't see mites anymore.

Here are the clones Critical x ak47 outside. One of them outside is a DWC. I think the temps will work out well now from here on out. No more super hot days, but even on the most hot days, 90 degrees, the water remained 75 degrees. Pretty cool for not using ice or any cooling method. Just panda plastic and a cardboard white shield over the 18 gallon tote.

I decided to try a new type of lollipop method that I haven't seen done yet. Instead of only removing the lower branches, I removed all lower nodes on every branch. This should prevent bud rot completely as I will also have fans on the trees. If it rains, I will dry the plants with heaters and fans or a blow dryer.

I also think this new way of lollipopping will help the top buds of each branch get bigger.

Here is a before chopping pic.

aug19-bushy.jpg

After chopping pics. I am also low stress training some, top training some, and one of them, just letting grow with no training but the lollipopping.

aug19-outdoor1.jpg

aug19-outdoor2.jpg

aug19-stripped.jpg

aug19-stripped2.jpg

When my coco-perlite plants start to get lighter green, I give them a feeding of about 600ppm Miracle Grow tomato food plus calmag plus. I always just use water between feedings. I sometimes feed again with the miracle grow, if by the time they need food again, they haven't gotten greener.

Right now they aren't as green as I like them. I recently fed them Miracle grow, which has improved their greenness. I then fed them just tap water. I didn't feel they needed ph water that time. I will feed again one more time with miracle grow before going back to flora nova bloom. I decided to give that a try in dwc, hated it, so I will use it in coco.

so far it seems to work well in coco.

Oh, btw, my tomatoes are awesome. Hardly any empty space or seeds. Just pure awesome, soft flesh. They taste good even without salt on them. I feed them exactly what I feed my outside plants, from the same 50 gal tote.

Glad ya got a good harvest on them! Loving the others still going. :)

Okay, another update. So the outside coco perlite are kicking ass. I think they will finish by mid October, so I shouldn't have to deal with rain, hopefully.

If so, I will build a clear shelter to block the rain. I will be putting a fan on them soon.

Here are some pics of the outdoor.

9-2-crit-out2.jpg

9-2-crit-out1.jpg

I have been managing the outside mites, and bugs with bug sprays and powder from walmart. Then I sprayed all my plants before they budded with Floramite. twice. Once in the beginning, and once right before budding. I also sprayed all other bushes in my backyard with floramite.

Then I sprayed with mighty was 3 days apart once budded. If I notice any spider mite issues, I will spray with Mighty wash again, 3 times, 3 days apart each time.

So far, they are green and good. I also sprayed for other bugs like caterpillars.

I might get some BT for caterpillars.

Here is the huge 4x4 dwc critical x ak47 under a 600w hps, but here and there I am putting in a MH 600w. For a while she wasn't drinking, and the lower leaves were drooping, some still are, and turning yellow. I think I solved this issue. I will update if I did and tell you what was wrong and how I fixed it. She is drinking again. :)

9-2-crit-inside1.jpg

9-2-light.jpg

Finally, the third generation critical x sk47 clones, which I will be donating to a dispensary. I might keep one around to grow in the future. Not sure.

9-2-crit-clones.jpg

The fish rocks are for algea doesn't grow on top. Some started to, thus why I bought and used them. Cheap at Walmart. I am growing these clones in Jiffy seed starter mix, mixed with some perlite, instead of coco. So far, I like it. It is mostly peat moss based.

I want to do an organic grow with peat moss and pumus rock. I am curious to see how well it produces compared to coco and dwc.

BTW, when this grow is done, my next grow will be Great White Shark, plus some autos, White Widow, and Mazar. I wanted to grow an anathesia auto, but the seed didn't pop. It was from herbies from pyramid seeds. It is the only seed I've gotten from them that didn't pop. Maybe they will send a freebee.

Back
Top Bottom