WW Autos Super Hempy - LED - HPS - Miracle Grow Experiment

Sorry, was moving and dealing with a break up with the girl and getting back together. We are doing good now, though.

I will update with some pics of the girls. They have gotten pretty big outside. I was bummed that they had to stay outside at my brother in laws for so long, in the cold nights, and rainy days. What a lame MAY this has been. One started to get really purple stems, because the cold locks out nutrients, especially magnesium.

But, they have been up in the loft now, my new grow rooms, and are doing great. After the root zone was warm, they sucked up their nuts, got nice and green, purple started to go away, etc.

I have a whole line up of Critical clones that I took off the original Royal Critical seed plant. One is in DWC right now, true dwc. I grew the clone in a little plastic cup in 50% coco 50% perlite. I like that mixture. Anyway, then I transplanted into 8' netpot on a 5 gallon bucket.

Using just vf-11 and a bit of cal mag right now. I want to see how well it does with just that. The other I will be using GH micro and bloom only 6-9 ratio formula with added magnesium and sulfur from botanicare sweet.

Mg tomatoe works pretty good at half strength. You
Just have to only use it every 10 to 14 days and with
Tap water that has cal mag in it or add cal mag.

I used tomato. I still add it now and again when I want
Them nice and green.

Okay, so I got some pics. I pretty much have the new grow rooms set up. The veg room I still have to put up white stuff.

may30-4plants.jpg

Those are the 4 that have been mostly growing outside. I have them inside right now under the 600w hps because it has been rainy. Rainy in MAY!

Nights are way too cold to keep them out anyway. I hated having them at my brother in laws because I couldn't bring them inside at night. So one started to get really purple, others were looking pretty light because roots cannot uptake nuts in the gold very well. Anyway, now that they have been inside, they are nice and green, and the purple is mostly going away. That can take a few weeks, though.

I can't believe they budded so early outside, while we have daylight for 15-16 hours. Crazy. Must be because the sunrise and sunset aren't much sun.

The critical is hard to see in the photo, but it is the one on the bottom right. It is going to be a massive bush. I will take another picture when I get them outside on a hot day.

Here are all the Critical #47 clones

may30-critclones2.jpg

may30-critclones1.jpg

Thanks spring. Here they are outside in a line up. From left to right -- Critical #47 from seed, Purple Haze clone, Purple Haze seed, Mendo Purp clone.

The little one is a critical clone. Thought I'd let her get some sun that day. I will eventually leave them all outside full time, once nights are above 60. For now, I only put them out during sunny days and bring them in at night.

june3-lineup.jpg

The two tallest on the right are about 3 feet tall, excluding the pot. With pot, a bit over 4 feet.

june3-stock.jpg

june3-crit-seed.jpg

The images of the critical clones I posted before, I grew from very small undergrowth branches, like 3 inches tall. They are now almost a foot if not already a foot. I have two patience I grow for now.

I grew the clones first in little seed starting kit from burpee 100% coco, then into Dixie plastic cups with 50%coco %50perlite. I treat the coco and perlite by soaking in ph 5.8 plus some cal-mag. Then I transplanted to gallons same 50/50 ratio.

They were taking from the big bushy Critical I grew from seed, left side of the lineup pic.

Two of them I have in dwc with two large airstones for each 5 gallon bucket. One bucket has just vf-11, some cal mag, and hydroperoxide. The other has micro and bloom GH 6-9 ratio, plus like 10ml for 4 gallons of Sweet by bitanicare. You can substitute with epsome salt.

How I prepare my hydroton

I soak in ph 5.8 water and cal-mag plus, plus micro and bloom and sweet ratio mentioned before. 6-9. Then I empty water and use. I should have probably rensed before soaking. Oh well. Should be fine.

Oh, don't grow seeds or clones in Styrofoam cups if you use perlite at all because light gets through and green algea grows on the outside inside the cup. When you go to transplant you will see it. I kill it by watering the rest of their lives with 2ml of h202 per gal of water.

Thx, Spring

So I have a few experiments going on with the critical clones. First here is a pic of Critical Clone in General Hydroponics and Botanicare Sweet. 6-9 ratio, 12ml micro and 18ml grow in about 3.5-4 gals of water, which is presently in a 5 gallon DWC bucket, soon to be transplasted into a 18 gallon tote, using same lid. I will cut a round hole for it. I am using 8" net pots.

The other dwc critical is using cal mag and VF-11. Oh both are using drip clean and full power humic acid. I am testing drip clean instead of h202.

6-17-c.jpg

That is a pic of the DWC GH critical.

It's growing fast, but doesn't have as many roots sticking out of the net pot as the VF-11 plant. So far, VF-11 is doing better. All critical clones are from the same mother, which is outside blooming.

Here she is.

6-16-critical-s.jpg

I'm hoping the outdoor plants don't revert back to veg. To try and prevent that, I have been placing a tent over them for morning hours, up to about 10:30am. But the tent does let in about 1100 lux of light. So far, they don't seem to be reverting.

6-16-budphs.jpg

This is an image of a purple haze bud.

6-16-mendo.jpg

This one is of mendo purp, which is purpling up.

6-16-ph.jpg

Purple haze clone, which is purpling up and getting crystals. The purple haze from seed that I bought isn't purpling up. Different phenos I think.

6-15-c.jpg

Here is one of the criticals before I transplanted her. She was in a 1 gal. Now she is in a 18 gallon. They all are, but for the dwc ones.

6-15-c-roots.jpg

Here was her root system from the 1 gallon. Nice and white.

So here are the new experiments.

Two critical clones are in DWC, as described above.

Three are in a mix of 50% coco, 25% bark mulch, and 25% perlite, the small kind.

Two are in 60% coco, 40% perlite.

All will be watered with the same stuff, 6-9 ratio of micro/bloom, plus humic acid sometimes, drip clean or flora kleen, Bitanicare Sweet. That is the staple feed. Between feedings, I give ph water with drip clean and humic acid sometimes. Ph to about 5.8-6.0. Then I will feed with ph water, drip clean, and a PK booster like Kool Bloom, at about 600ppm. Then a few more regular ph waterings, at least one before feeding again with regular GH formula.

I also feed with miracle grow tomato food if they get light green, to keep them dark. I do that at about 500-600ppm plus cal mag on top of that. I feed with ph water for a while after a Miracle Grow feeding, a good ten days or so.

almost busy as me..i grew a PH outside in a pot last year..she never did turn purple...grew a clone inside this winter..still no purple...i got more clones..all these from the same mother...trying to get some purple...some in pots and 1 in the ground..the one in the ground don't look like her sisters..looks 100% sativa...and she didn't reveg like the rest..must be special..you got a good grow going..stay focus...i got plants on MG..but i alternate..compost tea twice then MG with meg once..

Image update.

Yes, dwc is superior, no doubt. Even though they have only been under a 400w hps, they are monsters compared to the same clones from the same mothers, which have now been outside for a while, in 18 gal coco perlite.

6-23-cm.jpg

This is the critical mother. I use the stakes to pull her branches out from the center, to open the center up. She still has a few weeks to go, if not a month. The others should be done in a week or two, I think.

6-23-cm2.jpg

Another angle of the Critical mother. I think her buds should get pretty fat.

6-23-phc.jpg

Up skirt of Purple Haze Clone. This is the one that when I got it, the branches were almost black. The stem is now green, all lower branches are mostly green, but upper branches are purple, but not as dark.

6-23-phc2.jpg

This is also the purple haze clone. Pictures just don't let you really see the buds. Some are getting fat. I hope to get at least 3oz off her, and the mendo and purple haze seed. I think the critical should produce 5oz or more, I hope. The mistake I made was transplanting them into the big 20gal or 30, not sure, after they have been in bud for a while, so I doubt they will grow much more roots in time to really big take advantage of those bigger pots. Oh well.

So, the clones of the critical are all in 18 gals right now, before they even bud, so they should get huge. Also, the dwc are in 5gal buckets, but I can going to transfer them to the 18 gal totes as well. I think I will grow one outside, and one inside. I will cut holes to fit the 8inch net pots in a tote. Then line with foil.

6-23-dwc.jpg

6-23-dwc2.jpg

These are the dwc culture critical clones. They are going to be monsters. One is in vf-11, cal mag, humic acid full power, drip clean and h202. The other the same, but using micro-bloom GH plus sweet.

good update..i got a PH in the ground..with fan leaves cupping..feeding with mg..know what causes that...besides heat ??..my purple hazes are all clones..some revegs in pots..the mother was in a pot..i haven't saw purple yet...your girls look good..my PH in the ground is 3.5 ft and 3 months to go..i didn't top but i supper crop the main...going to pull those growing shoots out like you did..i hope she don't get taller than my fence..8 ft.shes already taller than her mom got..gotta go..later

Like taco shape?

If so heat stress most likely. It can also be a lack of magnesium, which MG doesn't have much of, and MG bloom has non. MG relies on your water for cal mag. I always add cal mag when I run MG.

Back
Top Bottom