WW Autos Super Hempy - LED - HPS - Miracle Grow Experiment

Confused???

So looked at trichs with a 100x microscope. Most are cloudy. I'd say 70% or more. Some are turning amber. I can see at least one out of 10 or so, so 10%.

Yet all the hairs are white. None have started to look dead or changed amber. However, the tips of many are starting to turn amber/orange. But that is only visible really with a 20x magnifying glass.

I hope this calcium shit doesn't slow her down. I am hopping to get that final 20% bump for the last two weeks, which might be starting now, if they haven't already started.

I try to keep it as simple as possible but I want to give silica a real chance. I wish I had start kool bloom sooner, but that's okay. I think she has a week of nutes left, then just water and florakleen.

From the looks of it, unless they pack on way more bulk, I'm looking at 1 oz for auto 1 and 2oz for auto 2. I'm not complaining, though, considering all the stress they went through, two transplants, deficiencies because of the algea from that stupid pot design, and change in nutes, and formula.

I want to plant two more seed, but I don't want to do it in cups. I want it to be in their final pots, because transplanting causes autos stress and you want no stress for max yeild with these babies. I don't have the room right now until I get in my new house for them to be in pots. I might just start them in little cups. I don't that that little transplant does much to yeild, but auto expert growers say even that can reduce yeilds up to 50%.

Well, looks like my bitches hermied on me. I don't blame them with the stress they went through, or it is the genetics, not sure yet.

I'm sure the algea on the roots and the transplants during flower or was it right before flower? didn't help any.

It sucks because they aren't ready. The hairs are still pretty white. But a good 70% or more trichs look cloudy.

I want to let them go a bit longer. At what point do the pods put out pollen? They don't look like the open male flowers yet, but they do have hairs growing out of them.

maleballs.jpg

maleballs2.jpg

Also, how long does it take for the female flower to start producing seeds inside after pollenated?

I want to keep these going as long as possible without developing actual seeds. I dont' care if the calyxes swell up a bit with preseed, but I don't want anything hard in there. What is the max time I should wait, considering how these nuts look?

If I were to chop now, I'd get about 1oz on the hempy and 2oz on the dwc/hempy. I would like to keep one bud on and seeded up, but I think those seeds would have the genetics to hermy. In fact, these seeds I got might be predesposed to hermy.

Derf, I wouldnt blame the MG for the nitro overload. It just means the dose was too strong.

You could always make powered eggshells for some calcium.

Yeah, I hear ya, but the MG was only 500ppm, which should cause nitrogen overload, but it is because MG has 15% N, too much IMO for marijuana, which means you have to run 300ppm or something, or just feed less often, like every 14 days.

Egg shells is a good idea to work with MG.

I think I could probably let these finish out and not worry about the hermy balls. I don't think they have enough time to produce pollen and then pollentate the female flowers, then those females to grow hard seeds.

I will just keep a close eye on the calyxes.

Well 15% N may or may not be too much. It just depends on the other nute levels.

After all you could have a veg nute that is like 50% Nitrogen, but if its like 15% Phosphorous and 30% Potassium, then it would be a pretty decent ratio for vegging weed.

Its not so much the actual number its the numbers in correlation with eachother that counts.

In flower I wouldnt prefer not to use MG even if I could find some with correct ratios. But in veg as long as it did not have too much sodium and heavy metals Id see no problem with it. I wouldnt be surprised to find some half decent grown MG buds though that used it even in flower.

I am going to start trying to use nearly 100% free nutes all grow long. Organic nutes, but nutes nonetheless.

Yeah, I have seen good grows with MG. I think it is just being sure to water lots inbetween with good run off and using them at low ppm 300 or only every 10-14 days.

Under a 1000W lamp, I am sure the plant could handle more ppms.

After further inspection, I am not sure if my plants hermied. I am pretty sure they are swollen calayxes at every single node, even the nudes right under buds. They look like new bud growths. They have hairs growing out of them, two of them. A few even had what looked like beginning of leaf growth coming out?

I cute a few open, inside, were the rest of the hairs, then like a little soft oval like membrane or something. I believe that is the part that grows into a seed if pollenated. I don't see any male flowers that could pollenate, so not sure what the deal is. Strange. I will not worry about it for now.

umm.jpg

I probably should take a pic with my good camera.

Ive seen some buds that just have big, well buds lol.

Like my NYCD last year just had huge nodules like what you showed and that was the entire bud a bunch of those. Was never a sead just flower.

Day 71.

Think I will feed for another week with recommended kool bloom amounts, 1tsp per gallon, then switch to florakleen and water and still lemon extract. It is that immatation extract. I think. I am testing to see if it changes the flavor and auroma of the weed. Be kind of cool if it works.

The lighter is held right next to the bud, not in front of or behind it.

I am very impressed with dwc, even though it isn't full dwc, but more like half hempy half dwc. The hempy one came out ok. I expect about 30-40grams from her dry. Double that for auto 2, dwc. I predict 3oz, unless these things really plump up in the next two weeks.

april26bud.jpg

april26compare.jpg

I'm hoping, although 3oz between two autos I stressed out, would be a success in my book. I am pretty sure they have that on them right now, as I took a small sized bud, and a few of the little ones on that branch, trimmed, then weighed wet at 8.9 - 75% = 2.1g. I then estimated the rest of the weight based on that.

Oh, maybe I should take a pic of that little bud.

april6buds1.jpg

april26buds1.jpg

You sure it only has 2 more weeks to go? It looks like more maybe?

The hairs are mostly white and there isnt ultra frost happening yet.

Beautiful girls! And +rep Thnaks for sharing so much knowledge. They look like they might finish soon, wish I would have been around from the start. Subbed, anyway. :)

Back
Top Bottom