HashGirl's First Indoor Grow: Dark Devil Autos In Hempy, 2020

Run-off PH isn’t a reliable measure for soil. I’m not the best person to explain this. Shed has a thread about it that covers run-off etc. that Felipe has mentioned already.

It can take a bit of wading through but it’s worth it. It’d be a useful read for Felonius too.

One aspect of it is that the PH of the runoff isn’t a good indicator of the ph of the soil.

Someone linked the thread of sheds in here just recently. I’ll see... it’s maybe even on the page... :nomo:

Ok - FB was referring you to Sheds signature for the link but when he’s not around so much that’s harder to find!

here’s the thread

I know you’ve said Felonius does ph adjust - it isn’t necessary. You’ve also said that he always/often has problems. I’m not saying that’s the reason - I’m just saying, spend some time following the advice that’s coming to you here, and see how it goes.

Dozens of folks here are growing in promixHP without ph adjusting and their gardens are thriving. It’s worth a try!

And tell FP :love: from me :love: to read Shed’s thread and do at least one run without ph adjustments.
:Namaste:

Felonious has had high 4s, low 5s pH run-off after watering his plants with 6 to 6.5 pHed nuted water.
Did he cook the mix before using? Decaying organic matter creates acidic soil. One of the reasons to use composted manure instead of fresh manure. If you cook the soil first, it should allow the PH to settle.

Did he cook the mix before using? Decaying organic matter creates acidic soil. One of the reasons to use composted manure instead of fresh manure. If you cook the soil first, it should allow the PH to settle.

No cooking of soil in this house. He's just using Pro-Mix straight out of the bag.

Ok - FB was referring you to Sheds signature for the link but when he’s not around so much that’s harder to find!

here’s the thread

I know you’ve said Felonius does ph adjust - it isn’t necessary. You’ve also said that he always/often has problems. I’m not saying that’s the reason - I’m just saying, spend some time following the advice that’s coming to you here, and see how it goes.

Dozens of folks here are growing in promixHP without ph adjusting and their gardens are thriving. It’s worth a try!

And tell FP :love: from me :love: to read Shed’s thread and do at least one run without ph adjustments.
:Namaste:

Thanks, Amy, I've forwarded your message to Felonious. :love:

Now that you’re moving to ProMix, you won’t be using a pH pen.

:hmmmm:?

:rofl:.

I will have lots of the Flora Series nutes left so I'm hoping to use that. Can I use the Flora Series in dirt?

Yes - and, more importantly to your question... You can also use it in ProMix. (ProMix is not soil!)

:hmmmm:?

:rofl:.

steady on TS :laughtwo:

we’ve just had this discussion. And that link is about the importance of testing the medium which is not what we‘re talking about.

Yes, you need to know the PH of your medium.

ProMix is a prebuffered medium so no PH correction of the nutrient solution is required. A fact also stated by pthorticulture.

You can, but it isn’t necessary.

Thanks for everyone's comments. Felonious is going to read @InTheShed 's thread on pHing ProMix or not.

I have the weekly update. I fertigated both DDAs yesterday. pH was 6 for DDA1 and 5.9 for DDA2. They're both still at the last recorded height of 9.75" for DDA2 and 12.75" for DDA1. It's so interesting that they look like 2 entirely different strains. I don't think I knew that it had one that was more green than purply/red.

DDA1's leaves are still very droopy but the colours are nice and you can see lots of trichomes so they're not a lost cause, IMO. DDA2's leaves are droopier than they were, too but again, other than that, I think they look good.

Are the white things sticking out the pistils? And, are they what I'm supposed to be watching to see when it's ready?

Anyhow, without further ado, here are the most recent photos:

DDA1 - DAY 64:

Photo 1 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 2 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 3 - DDA1.jpeg

Photo 4 - DDA1.jpeg

DDA2 (aka DDA of Pisa) - DAY 64:

Photo 5 - DDA2.jpeg

I love all the buds she has on her. DDA1 seems much sparser.

Photo 6 - DDA2.jpeg

She's starting to develop some purple on top of the buds.

Photo 7 - DDA2.jpeg

Photo 8 - DDA2.JPG

Photo 9 - DDA2.jpeg

And, that's it. So, I'm going to go enjoy my Raspberry Cough high (one of my favourite getting high strains) and I hope you enjoyed the show.

:passitleft:

Are the white things sticking out the pistils? And, are they what I'm supposed to be watching to see when it's ready?

Yes, and both plants still have plenty coming out. You could let them continue until that slows down, or you can harvest by looking at the trichomes (through a loupe or electronic microscope), according to your preference.

Have him hit me up with any questions. I stopped pH'ing my nutes 18 months ago.

Thanks, Shed, I knew I could count on you. :love:

How are you doing? :hug:

Do you mean after being off for your dad or do you mean you're back to work a few days a week after restrictions are eased due to COVID-19? Either way, going back to work after being off for a long time is definitely hard. I stopped taking more than 7 days at a time on vacation before I retired because I found it so hard to come back. Thank God, I'm retired now. I probably would have killed myself by now if I was still working from home. Life is much pleasanter now. Can you retire in the near future?

It's easier to do my work in my office than it is from home (and easier to spend more time here :)), but working in an enclosed office building with a bunch of other people is the part that makes me nervous. Even if folks wear masks when they're out of their offices, they don't when they are in them, and when you go into their office you are breathing in what they have been breathing out. The virus is obviously easily spread from looking at transmission rates here in the states.

I have you in my prayers Shed - A nice bubble of exclusion around you. Covid knows nothing of my imaginary bubble of course but I figure every little thing helps. I’m buzzing you with my crystals from here! :laughtwo:
:hippy:

The DDAs are flowering nicely for you HG. They’re bigger and more productive than tHe first indoor i grew that’s for sure! Nice to have 2 different ones as well :thumb:

It's easier to do my work in my office than it is from home (and easier to spend more time here :)), but working in an enclosed office building with a bunch of other people is the part that makes me nervous. Even if folks wear masks when they're out of their offices, they don't when they are in them, and when you go into their office you are breathing in what they have been breathing out. The virus is obviously easily spread from looking at transmission rates here in the states.

I know how that is. I have a compromised immune system and started working from home in early March. I didn't return to the office until April 30, my last day before retirement. If I hadn't retired, I don't know if I would have been comfortable working from the office instead of home.

Will you wear a mask at work despite what others are doing? I would suggest keeping a mask, disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer at your desk and use them as needed.

I hope you stay safe, Shed. We would miss you if you were no longer here. :hug:

I have you in my prayers Shed - A nice bubble of exclusion around you. Covid knows nothing of my imaginary bubble of course but I figure every little thing helps. I’m buzzing you with my crystals from here! :laughtwo:
:hippy:

The DDAs are flowering nicely for you HG. They’re bigger and more productive than tHe first indoor i grew that’s for sure! Nice to have 2 different ones as well :thumb:

Sue says that her DDAs usually went 100 days so I guess I have a while longer. I do hope they bulk up some. They're looking kind of gangly and sparse.

...that's the thing about DDA's...never know what Yer' gonna' get...I've seen some impressive results from other's, but my experience was only 3 zips from 2 plant's... :rolleyes: ..,mine threw pistils(17 days) so quickly, I never really had time to coax them to a higher yield...decent smoke tho'...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...oh!...took mine at 10 week's, but that's subjective to a # of variables...

Back
Top Bottom