Seraphim's Tangilope - Coco Smart-Hempy - LED Grow 2014

UPDATE!!!

New Journal started! See here for new Journal.

Tangilope re-veg attempt. She has been looking like crap and worsening daily. Leaves croaked. Nothing moving forward. Until..... down at the bottom on the main stem there is some new growth!!! Small green leaves growing! It is too early to celebrate but there is hope this might work yet.
Lol @ me Seraphim - this is where I misunderstood thonking your new strawberry journal was the Tangie reveg. :)
Crossing me fingers for Tangie and merry Chritmas Ser!

Lol @ me Seraphim - this is where I misunderstood thonking your new strawberry journal was the Tangie reveg. :)
Crossing me fingers for Tangie and merry Chritmas Ser!

I figured this much. Merry Christmas to you as well CD!!

And this is what is left of Ms Tangilope. I left some small popcorn on her and some leaves. We will see if anything comes of it.

IMG_31346.JPG

:Namaste:

Hey Seraphim, was just curious, did you eventually trim out the rest of Tangie's popcorn buds? I wonder if there is an influence to the plant revegetation process if it still has flower parts and/or hormone concentrations in it - i.e. whether or not removing all of the bud vs. leaving some on has an affect. Can't wait to see her sprung back and see what she does.

Cheers Seraphim!

Actually I did remove the rest of it.

Something is happening down at the bottom in the base of the main stem. Looks weird. I don't want to get my hopes up but looks like .. something... is growing. I don't know what it is but I do have movement down there. Stay tuned.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Here is what Tangilope looks like this morning.

Besides that one piece of pop corn bud, all of that green lettuce growing down there is new leafy growth that happened after the second harvest.

IMG_32313.JPG

IMG_32338.JPG

IMG_32344.JPG

IMG_32324.JPG

IMG_32365.JPG

These little leaves keep my hope alive that I will be able to bring her back so that I can clone her and keep the strain alive. Also, if she's this good out of a passive hydro grow (that is not really what I would call "dialed-in"), what will she taste like when grown high-brix ?!?

Very cool. You must keep us updated every couple of weeks, I'm very curious as to how this will turn out!

She did absolutely nothing for a couple of weeks there. This new growth has started just recently. I will certainly keep this journal posted.

The grow may be complete, but the Tangilope story is far from over (i hope!)

Thank you brother! All the best to you and yours as well sir!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Here is what Tangilope looks like this morning.

Besides that one piece of pop corn bud, all of that green lettuce growing down there is new leafy growth that happened after the second harvest.

IMG_32313.JPG

IMG_32338.JPG

IMG_32344.JPG

IMG_32324.JPG

IMG_32365.JPG

These little leaves keep my hope alive that I will be able to bring her back so that I can clone her and keep the strain alive. Also, if she's this good out of a passive hydro grow (that is not really what I would call "dialed-in"), what will she taste like when grown high-brix ?!?

Looks like your going to get some clones because that is alive for sure!

She wants to grow...

I'll stay tuned for Episode II: Return of Tangie.

Hope she gets another dank smelly Joda...

Hi seraphim.... If you want reassurance that she will return... Have a wander over to " mono grows a pound".... He defoliated a sleestack skunk, in an attempt to get huge rootage....it worked a treat....

She has exploded in growth....

If yours does the same, expect a tree with huge roots...

:peace:

Today I took two cuttings, dipped them in rooting gel and put them in the OxyClone which was prepped yesterday. Now I pray they root well.

I would have waited longer to take those cuttings but the re-vegetating Tangilope is having issues which I am not sure can be resolved.

Her leaves are getting crispy and drying off dead. This is something that started during her normal life towards the end of her natural life. Now that she re-vegged, this issue has taken hold much sooner in veg.

Although I would say getting her to re-vegetate worked, these issues in the root area may be beyond resolution at this point. So I took cuttings now in hopes I get something going here soon before she dies off completely without having taken clones at all. Mind you, I will maintain that main re-veg attempt going as long as I can. I only took the most promising little branch which gave me two cuttings and I left the rest of the vegetative matter going as long as I see green growth going. But my main hope of keeping her alive now rests with the rooting of the cuttings I took today.

..... and it is next morning from when I took them and they are not looking dead yet. So that is good news.

If at least one of these does manage to grow roots and survive, I will call this entire 'keep alive' effort a huge success. Tangilope is sooo good its not even funny and its mostly the genetics because I grew her just like the few before and she's the only one with this amazing taste, color and texture. All who I have given some to as gifts are now asking if they can buy more. I dont sell, so I toss a few more buds their way. It's just nice to have grown something that nice. Nature really shined on this one and I was just the lucky guy who happened to host her while on this planet. This is why I am going through all this to keep her going.

Last time I put cuttings in that machine they were Strawberry Diesel and they took 14 days to grow roots that survived being planted into soil. Today is day one in the OxyClone for the new Tangilope cuttings and I can't cross my fingers any more than they are. If they survive, there will be a link here to a new journal to document her new adventures and allow this journal to pass into the archives in peace.

IMG_34124.JPG

IMG_34134.JPG

IMG_34145.JPG

:Namaste:

Thank you sir!

I was given a poinsettia plant for the holidays years back and I just put it in the living room. Eventually the bloom went away and it went back to veg and lived the rest of the year. (I did feed it MJ veg nutes which I happened to have around) I'd also read about re-vegetation being possible for MJ here and there but never tried it myself until now. It seems fairly simple: Leave some green matter there, feed veg nutes and put back into veg light schedule. It takes a while but this one responded.

In hindsight, I think this (re-veg attempt) may be more successful when done in soil (that has not been fed salts) than in a coco/perlite mix using chemical nutes, but clearly not impossible. Jury still out tho.. until roots show up.

OK well it has been three days since the cuttings were taken and placed in the OxyClone and… They are still “Not Dead” which is as good a news as you can get at this early point. It is good that they are not dead and crispy by now. It means they are still alive and fighting to live and grow roots.

Cheers everyone.

Back
Top Bottom