Seraphim's Coco-Hempy Bubba-Cheese & Blue Widow LED Grow Journal 2014

re: Seraphim's Coco-Hempy Bubba-Cheese & Blue Widow LED Grow Journal 2014

I have a couple auto seeds, just curious on how well they are going to do, hence why I'm subbed, plus the lights, if it's worth it I might just switch to leds and autos. Seraphim, with your autos, are they tall and did you lst then? If so how did they react to it? Meaning, did they take a while to recover?

My one auto here (which is my first experience with autos by the way) is not tall (less than 2 feet) but understand I planted her in a very small pot. She could have been bigger and whatever the yield is it would have been better had I planted in a larger container. I did not LST this auto. However, I think LST would be beneficial for them. What I would NOT recommend is topping as they do not have time to recover from that.

I would highly recommend giving an auto a shot. Faster time to value and less hassle. Again, I dont have enough experience but my one run has definitely left me wanting to do more with autos (pending smoke report)

Thanks for the info, I have been reading over some journals and seeing how sensitive they can be, just hesitant on trying it.

Hello :420: friends...

56 days in for Ms Devil (automatic) and 34 days into flowering for Bubba-Cheese and Blue Widow. Bubba-Cheese is finally looking good, but has absolutely zero smell at this time. Blue Widow has a very nice scent and Ms Devil has a nice pine/mint aroma.

Tentative target date range for harvesting Ms Devil is between next Wednesday and next weekend sometime. She has been flushing for a week already and will continue to do so until harvest. Pretty much all trichomes I find are cloudy with a few ambers on the top of the main cola.

Auto Dark Devil (aka Ms Devil) at 56 days from seed

Capture110.PNG

Capture22.PNG

Capture32.PNG

IMG_210517.JPG

Here is Ms Devil from a distance next to the next grow which is underway.
IMG_211810.JPG

Blue Widow at 34 days flowering

IMG_212011.JPG

IMG_21219.JPG

IMG_212211.JPG

Bubba-Cheese at 34 days flowering

IMG_212312.JPG

IMG_212413.JPG

Very pretty

FANTASTIC!! :adore:

Here is Ms Devil from a distance next to the next grow which is underway.
IMG_211810.JPG

She's so big and FULL! :bravo: And your new start next to her looks hearty

Once again great photos and great grow. Thanks for the update Seraphim. I don't mean to neglect your other two plants, they look fantastic as well! You know I have been keeping my eye on Ms Devil from the start and am really impressed with how far you have brought her!

:peace:

Thank you Obi Wan and Colesdad and thank you so much Catman! She's been awesome and we are right at the tail end of this lovely mutant's story.

Aside from my first automatic, she is also the first purple bud I've grown. I can't wait to see what the end product will look like.

Ive yet to try an auto. I really wanted one for this round, but I'll keep looking. Your plants look good Seraphim.

Thanks Gov! I am keeping an eye on your hi-brix project too. Its making me re-consider soil.

Houston, we have a problem.... Please feel free to make suggestions.

I was looking at Blue Widow yesterday when I noticed the teeth on each of the blades of many top leaves have a spot on them. Today they seem to be just a little larger. When I look this up it seems consistent with the beginning of a serious Calcium deficiency. However, her nutes have calcium, so I doubt that it's a lack thereof. Her leaves are deep green and her nutes have been pretty darn hot. So, my guess is I over-fed causing too much N and P which can lead to a calcium lockout. PH can also lead to that but I have been really on top of that so I do not believe it to be PH as I have been feeding in the 5.8 range and so is the run-off.

I think Blue Widow is suffering from a Calcium lockout caused by my overfeeding.

So, today I took her to the tub and flushed her with PH balanced plain distilled water; lots of it. I will water with plain PH balanced water for the next couple of days and observe her closely.

This is the first time I experience a calcium deficiency this far into flowering (6 weeks) so I am rather concerned and hope I caught this on time to fix with minimum damage.

So folks, if anyone out there has experience growing with coco-hempy buckets and has overcome a calcium deficiency please share your experience and how you managed to fix things. Thanks.

I took the opportunity to take some pictures of her while out of the tent.

IMG_21488.JPG

IMG_21509.JPG

IMG_21519.JPG

IMG_21529.JPG

IMG_21539.JPG

IMG_21547.JPG

IMG_215511.JPG

Here is what I am talking about ........

IMG_215610.JPG

IMG_215715.JPG

IMG_215815.JPG

IMG_21598.JPG

IMG_216012.JPG

Any help/advise on how to address this in my coco-perlite meida would be super helpful!!

:Namaste:

I think you are on the right track with the flush. It looks like nute burn from over feeding or a lockout from an abundance of something. If either are true then a flush shouldn't hurt at all.

Good luck
/Obi
:Namaste:

Thanks Gov. She does. :)

I will be more careful going forward.

In all my soil grows, I have never over-fed a plant like I just did with all my current coco plants.

Ms Devil was overfed too but being an automatic she was able to develop decent size buds before the burn set in and is now at the eve of her harvest.

The other two, blue widow and bubba-cheese were just slow to show any issues. I am fairly certain that this oversight will cost me in the way of final weight, but quality should be just fine. I think I caught this early enough before it was able to do any major damage and so hopefully with that flush I did (runoff was clear and testing under 150PPM in correct PH range) things will go back on track.

I have been humbled by coco. Lesson learned.

Now my question is .....

When to start feeding again?

In flower they'll need something. If you've flushed well and it's been a full day or so, I would start back at half strength tomorrow. Monitor for a cpl days and raise it a bit more.

Thanks Gov!

Back
Top Bottom