DarkGreenGoo's - HSO Blue Dream - Indoor - LED - Coco Hempy SCROG!

Is it fair to say, in your situation that you should be using HPS, not LED's?
In my own experience, HPS saves me heating costs. I haven't ever tried an LED yet, I'd like to give one a go this summer maybe.
Pelonis brand oil filled radiator heater works great to heat a closet or room, (you likely will want to at least supplement some kind of heat during lights off.) this heater is $50 and is much more energy efficient than a space heater. If you go that route there is an LED in the heater that you would want to disable.

Is it fair to say, in your situation that you should be using HPS, not LED's?
In my own experience, HPS saves me heating costs. I haven't ever tried an LED yet, I'd like to give one a go this summer maybe.
Pelonis brand oil filled radiator heater works great to heat a closet or room, (you likely will want to at least supplement some kind of heat during lights off.) this heater is $50 and is much more energy efficient than a space heater. If you go that route there is an LED in the heater that you would want to disable.

Maybe I can convince you to try out an LED, like you convinced me to go organic lol.

yeah man. I'd like to. See for myself how they work. I always go back to the thought I have that all the "pro" grows use HPS. I really don't know that that is true, seems like it to me. But I may pick one up someday and give it a go in the summer. LED is all the rage, there must be something to that, right?

hey, I was gonna mention to ya,
premo worm castings are key, and expensive. To get the 1/3 OM in your soil, I think you could use a mixture of quality compost with worm castings to save some $$$.

I have heard coast of maine, oly fish, buffaloam are some excellent bagged compost products to look into.

I just finished insulating my closet, with a few rolls of reflective bubble wrap insulation stuff from Home Depot, and added a 200w cheap shield work light with a 200w "soft light" bulb, and my closet temp with nothing else in it is hitting 84 degrees. In the course of taping things down, I discovered massive, unreasonable cold-air leaks coming through the baseboards, and it seems like closing them off, as much as my other measures, has born measurable results. The shiny bubble wrap and work light seem to have changed my closet temp by nearly 30 degrees, from 54 last night to 84 right now. I'm wondering what a 300w led would do to the temp, compared to a "Reflector" 96x3? I'm trying to get the general environment close before I add more stuff.

Still roughing in the space:
closetday2_zpsb6e6eb88.jpg

Some updates for today.

Light is maxed out in terms of height for the tent. Pheno on the left is stretching like crazy. Pheno on the right is more squat like an indica.

At this point waiting to see which bud sites begin to pack on weight. Next round I am pretty sure I will just be going for one very well trained monster plant. Will probably veg it for at least 10 weeks. Hopefully I can have my organic soil ready for that point.

zTpRLN_VRSOj.jpg
vlWfyewA7dgd.jpg
pNseVDIoRi6H.jpg
iir0BAdJ72L5.jpg
iKKKugijAxvP.jpg
dSm5wRe3Jx3A.jpg
VTRX_rSoPZ6I.jpg
-zKI2O62B3_s.jpg

I just finished insulating my closet, with a few rolls of reflective bubble wrap insulation stuff from Home Depot, and added a 200w cheap shield work light with a 200w "soft light" bulb, and my closet temp with nothing else in it is hitting 84 degrees. In the course of taping things down, I discovered massive, unreasonable cold-air leaks coming through the baseboards, and it seems like closing them off, as much as my other measures, has born measurable results. The shiny bubble wrap and work light seem to have changed my closet temp by nearly 30 degrees, from 54 last night to 84 right now. I'm wondering what a 300w led would do to the temp, compared to a "Reflector" 96x3? I'm trying to get the general environment close before I add more stuff.

Still roughing in the space:
closetday2_zpsb6e6eb88.jpg

A good product for regulating temps is XPS Foam (Extruded Polystyrene Foam). Sold at Homedepot. Buy the highest R valuve you can.

It looks like Styrofoam, but is WAY better for insulating, and acts as it's own vapor barrier. So you won't get mold behind it.

It is being used up north and in Canada instead of batting insulation now. The stuff is also used to float docks with since it is so water resistant.

If you have more issues long term, I would look into it.

It is also great for putting under your plants if you have a cold floor. It blocks the cold and is also mold resistant and water proof. So if you have a spill you won't need to panic.

yeah man. I'd like to. See for myself how they work. I always go back to the thought I have that all the "pro" grows use HPS. I really don't know that that is true, seems like it to me. But I may pick one up someday and give it a go in the summer. LED is all the rage, there must be something to that, right?

hey, I was gonna mention to ya,
premo worm castings are key, and expensive. To get the 1/3 OM in your soil, I think you could use a mixture of quality compost with worm castings to save some $$$.

I have heard coast of maine, oly fish, buffaloam are some excellent bagged compost products to look into.

HID is more affordable up front. A lot of "pro's" don't want a large initial investment.

For someone growing at home, LED's are ideal if you have the money.

A lot of larger operations also get massive discounts when using HID's. HID fixtures and bulbs are so insanely cheap to make, that companies will discount them 80+ percent if you buy in bulk.

I have HID setups sitting in my grow room in tote bins. If they were better I would without a doubt be using them. I would at least be setting up my veg tent using the HID I have instead of picking up another PlatinumLED (which I am, should be shipped next week).

The money savings, the temperature regulation and being able to dial in the spectrum are be pluses for me and why I will stick with LED's from now on indoors.

I am trying to reduce my carbon footprint as much as I can as well. Which is a big reason I am trying to learn more about organics from you and a few other people.

I feel if I am forced to grow inside, LED's are the best option outside of sunlight for that purpose.

On a side note. I can get the Buffaloam stuff here pretty damn cheap. Which has me excited. Would you say 25 percent Buffalo compost and 75 percent EWC? Or could I go 50/50 for that aspect of the soil.

Interesting.
I bet you could go 50/50 buffaloam and ewc, no problemo. Which brand of worm castings are you looking at?

Unfortunately where I live most of the brands like Worm Power are not sold.

I found some local producers of EWC but they want anywhere between $130 and $260 per 10 gallon.

outside of wiggle worm, they don't really sell bagged stuff here.

So I might bight the bullet and spend the cash.

Everything else is sourced, and I picked up the Alfalfa Meal and Crab Shell yesterday.

I was planning to make up 4 cubic feet (so 10 gallon perlite, 10 gallon EWC, 10 gallon Peatmoss then all the amendments and so forth).

If I could do 5 gallon buffalo compost and 5 gallon EWC, the savings would be fantastic.

how many weeks in bloom are you? if you're early in bloom you can cut the head off the tall pheno so the auxins transfer to the lower shoots. luckily she's at the edge so she won't get in everyones way too badly. if she was in the center I would definitely suggest topping her.

I broke out the ultrasonic cool mist humidifier. It has gotten very dry here (under 17 percent). Although I don't mind low humidity in flower, unlike some growers, I still want it around 30 percent.

cvyBmHw4k3_q.jpg

Now onto the plants. The plants have been doing great so far. Unfortunately, the Blue dream Pheno on the left has stretched like mad. It is about 3" away from my LED. It has not bleached yet, but it is inevitable. It is also too late in flower to top at this point.

This leaves me with no other choice than the tie it back when I installed the 450 LED. Pulling it out from under the light, and allow more light penetration down the middle. This should not have an impact on harvest at all. I just wish I didn't shove two plants in a tent this size.

Here is the updated feeding chart.

SEED

Sept 18 - Planted germinated seeds, put in humidome, and coco/perlite mix solo cup with 100 PPM of Calmag plus @ 5.8 PH

VEGETATIVE STAGE

Week 1
(Day 1) Sept 19 - all sprouted (within 24 hours), BD 1 started slow but caught up by end of day, BD-S thinnest stem thus far, BD 2 first sprout.
(Day 2) Sept 20 - First true leaves started. BD1 and 2 on spame pace, a bit of stretch. BD3 main stem still thin. Fed again with 100 PPM calmag+ @ 5.8 PH, humidome off. Plants lifted about 12" from light to combat stretch, placed ontop of humidome.
(Day 3) Sept 21 - True leaves grew larger, BD3 still small and bent. Still stretching.
(Day 4) Sept 22 - Added more coco to each container. Made sure stems were straight. Fed at 100 PPM of Calmag + at a PH of 5.7 until significant runoff. Rotated BD 1 and BD 3. True leaves going larger. Temp was 79F during day, 74F during night.
(Day 5) Sept 23 - Nothing done, true leaves growing larger.
(Day 6) Sept 24 - 15 PPM of Silica blast, 125 PPM of Calmag +, PH 5.7. Fed until runoff.
(Day 7) Sept 25 - Nothing

Week 2
(Day 8) Sept 26 - 150 PPM combined Calmag and Silica Blast. 1 full ML of Calmag Plus. Everything looks healthy. BD3 still small.
(Day 9) Sept 27 - 600 PPM - 1ML Silica Blast, 2 ML Calmag, 1/4 TSP Maxibloom PH 5.78
(Day 10) Sept 28 - Nothing - fan off, light raised. Hopefully stops leaves from "tacoing"
(Day 11) Sept 29 - 1/4 tsp Maxibloom, 1.5 ML Silica Blast, 2ML Calimag.
(Day 12) Sept 30 - Nothing.
(Day 13) Oct 1 - Nothing
(Day 14) Oct 2 - Transplant into 5 gallon, 3 gallon water, PH 5.76 2ML Calmag 1.5 ML Silica Blast 1/2 TSP per gallon.

Week 3
(Day 15) Oct 3 - 4 gallons, 2 gallond each, PH 5.8, 7 gram maxibloom per gallon, 4ML calmag plus per callon, 3 ML Silica blast per gallon. Lots and lots of runoff. Lets turned up to 75 percent.
(Day 16) Oct 4 - Nothing
(Day 17) Oct 5 - Nothing
(Day 18) Oct 6 - Nothing.
(Day 19) Oct 7 - 7G per gallon Maxibloom, 4ML per gallon Calmag Plus, 2.5 ML per gallon Silica Blast. PH 5.8
(Day 20) Oct 8 - Nothing
(Day 21) Oct 9 - Nothing

Week 4
(Day 22) Oct 10 - 7G per gallon Maxibloom, 4ML per gallon Calmag Plus, 3ML per gallon Silica blast, PH 5.87, 1000PPM 0.5 scale.
(Day 23) Oct 11 - Nothing
(Day 24) Oct 12 - Nothing
(Day 25) Oct 13 - Nothing
(Day 26) Oct 14 - 7G per gallon Maxibloom, 4ML per gallon Calmag Plus, 3ML per gallon Silica blast, PH 5.83, 950PPM 0.5 scale. Installed platinumLED300
(Day 27) Oct 15 - Intalled the SCROG
(Day 28) Oct 16 - Nothing

Week 5
(Day 29) Oct 17 - Nothing - Tucked some branches.
(Day 29) Oct 18 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus per gallon - Tucking, defoliation
(Day 30) Oct 19 - Nothing
(Day 31) Oct 20 - Nothing
(Day 32) Oct 21 - Nothing
(Day 33) Oct 22 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus per gallon - Tucking, defoliation
(Day 34) Oct 23 - Tucking, defoliation

Week 6
(Day 35) Oct 24 - Final Tucking and defoliation.
(Day 36) Oct 25 - Tucking
(Day 37) Oct 26 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus per gallon - Tucking, defoliation
(Day 38) Oct 27 - Tucking, plucking fan leaves
(Day 39) Oct 28 - Small bit of tucking
(Day 40) Oct 29 - Nothing
(Day 41) Oct 30 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3.5 Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus per gallon. Fully lolipopped under the screen.

FLOWERING STAGE

Week 1
(Day 1) Oct 31 - Nothing
(Day 2) Nov 1 - Nothing
(Day 3) Nov 2 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus, 1 TSP KoolBLoom per gallon
(Day 4) Nov 3 - Nothing
(Day 5) Nov 4 - Nothing
(Day 6) Nov 5 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus, 1 TSP KoolBLoom per gallon
(Day 7) Nov 6 - Nothing

Week 2
(Day 8) Nov 7 - Nothing
(Day 9) Nov 8 - Nothing
(Day 10) Nov 9 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus, 2 TSP KoolBLoom per gallon
(Day 11) Nov 10 - Nothing
(Day 12) Nov 11 - Nothing
(Day 13) Nov 12 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus, 2 TSP KoolBLoom per gallon
(Day 14)Nov 13 - Nothing

Week 3
(Day 15)Nov 14 - Nothing
(Day 16)Nov 15 - Nov 12[/B] - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus, 2 TSP KoolBLoom per gallon
(Day 17)Nov 16 - Nothing
(Day 18)Nov 17 - Nothing
(Day 19)Nov 18 - Nothing
(Day 20)Nov 29 - Nov 12[/B] - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3.5 Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus, 2 TSP KoolBLoom per gallon

Here are some photos:
w-eX9epx70Qy.jpg
vaLEp5aLlJjn.jpg
q5E45ARo5jvi.jpg
pJjBf6t3_-ik.jpg
oFlFx3Pqn6Rw.jpg
jrSBdQWcYdbm.jpg
jeJR-Nh8Uj06.jpg
fOEz-Uh7hCwH.jpg
ZD53VqCocTXM.jpg
XofJAr676l3M.jpg
VpbAA7W6-dLp.jpg

Installed the 450led today and did a really large, final defoliation. The Blue Dream has really stretched the hell out. Next go around I will be training these plants like they are about to enter the Olympics.

I will keep an eye on Grape god. I was thinking of doing Fallen Angel from Devil's Harvest or Strawberry Sour Diesel. Maybe I will do Grape God and one of those other two. We will see.

Back
Top Bottom