DarkGreenGoo's - Northern Light Blue - Coco - Mainline/Fluxing

Here are some pictures from today.

This is after I topped it for the second time. You will be able to see the two new tops on each side, but they are very small. They have grown twice in size since yesterday. In a week they should be quit large and at least two nodes long.

Leaves are looking a bit waxy. I do not think they are getting too much nitrogen. We will see as it goes a long.

Feb_1_2015_8_.jpg
Feb_1_2015_7_.jpg
Feb_1_2015_6_.jpg
Feb_1_2015_5_.jpg
Feb_1_2015_4_.jpg
Feb_1_2015_3_.jpg
Feb_1_2015_2_.jpg
Feb_1_2015_1_.jpg

Something to note is the size difference between both plants. The plant on the left is much smaller then the one on the right Yet it is actually further in development, as it's set of second nodes are larger than the pheno on the right.

These plants would be a fairly good size by now if not for cutting them up like this. They would probably be 8-9 nodes long. Since the plant was cut in half, then topped again, it looks small. the root mass will actually be pretty big at this point.

I topped them the day they recovered. I am going to give them more time now, since it is the last topping. Once they recover I will give them a week. Then I will top for the final time and let that continue until I am ready to flower.

I also plan on putting some tomato cages around it to tie the colas to.

Going to have some new pictures up tomorrow. The four new tops on each plant have grown quite well. I would say we are a week away from the final top. Perhaps sooner.

The plant on the left which I will call Pheno #1, is much smaller than the one on the right, which we will call Pheno #2. Their stage of growth and everything else is identical, so this leads me to believe it is a pheno issue.

Other differences includes the leaves and color. Pheno 1, is medium green, with smaller leaves, soft, finer point. Pheno 2 has larger leaves, that are dark green and almost waxy looking (not a nitrogen problem), they are also not as soft to the touch. There are other subtle differences, but those are the biggest.

Sorry for no updates in a couple days. Been very busy.

Things have been good and bad with the plant.

The bad happened a few nights ago when I was topping them for the final time. I decided to try and tie down the new growth. Long story short half of all the tops on the right portion of one of the plants broke off. No warning, just snapped. Which of course means I would lose two of the 8 total tops of the plant. I grabbed it quick, splinted it and tapped it all together.

Somehow, it seems to be healing. When I checked the stem was 80 percent healed. Although those two tops are stunted, looks like I will get all 8 tops.

Outside of that things are going quite well.

I installed tomato rings on the plants that I custom cut down so they were one large ring. I will pull 6 colas around the ouside of the rings and 2 in the center. The one on the outside will be tied to the ring, so I can move them around it to keep an even canopy.

Instead I LST'ing my 8 tops. I am going to let them grow, and when they are long enough, tuck them under the ring and tie them to it.

Once they are a few inches higher than the ring. We will flower. Anything below the rings will be chopping off and removed a week into flower.

Some photo updates.

As you can see, we have 8 tops. Everything else has been taken off the plant. The 8 tops have also been pulled down for LST'ing them towards their final growing place.

As you can see one of the tops on the plant on the right is pulled into the middle at a strange angle. That is because I want that one to remain in the middle of the plant, and want it to grow straight up. The other tops will grow and be tied to the outside ring of the cage.

Feb_14_2015_19_.jpg
Feb_14_2015_18_.jpg
Feb_14_2015_13_.jpg
Feb_14_2015_17_.jpg
Feb_14_2015_16_.jpg
Feb_14_2015_15_.jpg
Feb_14_2015_14_.jpg
Feb_14_2015_10_.jpg
Feb_14_2015_12_.jpg
Feb_14_2015_11_.jpg

Now, I just need to keep these 8 tops secured. Then when they are tall enough tuck them on the outside of the cage and tie them off.

B&D At its best!:laughtwo:
Wish I had the discipline to flux/manifold like that!:thumb:

Plants are starting to take off now. Growing very quickly and completely recovered from stress. I took some photos to share with everyone.

Feb_20_2015_9_.jpg
Feb_20_2015_8_.jpg
Feb_20_2015_7_.jpg
Feb_20_2015_5_.jpg
Feb_20_2015_4_.jpg
Feb_20_2015_6_.jpg
Feb_20_2015_3_.jpg
Feb_20_2015_2_.jpg
Feb_20_2015_1_.jpg
Feb_20_2015_10_.jpg

As you can see, they have recovered from their LST and are growing up quite fast. Once 16 tops are taller, 14 of them will be pulled towards the outside of the tomato rings and tied to them, and two will remain in the middle.

Once they are big enough for that, we should be ready to toss them into flower and let the fun begin.

Most of the growth you see in the photo will be cut away once they are tall enough to attach to the ring. Anything below the ring is removed.

Feb 14
Feb_14_2015_18_.jpg

Feb 20 (just after midnight, more like Feb 19)
Feb_20_2015_10_.jpg

The difference only a few days is making is astounding.

Got my platinum 300. Works nice. Only problem a mounting bracket that holds some sort of power supply or capacitor was completely off. Just had to open lid and put two screws back in. Checked 4 other brackets and most screws were a little loose.had to take out the"void warranty if removed" screw but time was critical. Only had last 4 weeks of grow to make push with new light.Replaced 400hps with led.seems nice. Can't wait to use on a full cycle.

Got my platinum 300. Works nice. Only problem a mounting bracket that holds some sort of power supply or capacitor was completely off. Just had to open lid and put two screws back in. Checked 4 other brackets and most screws were a little loose.had to take out the"void warranty if removed" screw but time was critical. Only had last 4 weeks of grow to make push with new light.Replaced 400hps with led.seems nice. Can't wait to use on a full cycle.

Did you contact them to inform about those findings? If yes, what was their answer.
Thanks

Plants are starting to take off now. Growing very quickly and completely recovered from stress. I took some photos to share with everyone.

As you can see, they have recovered from their LST and are growing up quite fast. Once 16 tops are taller, 14 of them will be pulled towards the outside of the tomato rings and tied to them, and two will remain in the middle.

Once they are big enough for that, we should be ready to toss them into flower and let the fun begin.

Most of the growth you see in the photo will be cut away once they are tall enough to attach to the ring. Anything below the ring is removed.

Feb 14
Feb_14_2015_18_.jpg

Feb 20 (just after midnight, more like Feb 19)
Feb_20_2015_10_.jpg

The difference only a few days is making is astounding.

Congratulations on your grow DarkGreenGoo, plants looks very healthy!
I will be following your results closely as my goal is to replace my 2, 600HID in my 6x5x5 with 4, p450, 1 for each plants. How do you like this panel so far? Do you notice any difference from your preview grow ? I am wondering because you mentioned how fast they are growing right now, which made me think if you already grew this strain before and that would be the comparison.
Thank you
Peace.

Full refund and I can re-purchase another with free 1 day shipping. Which I will gladly do as soon as my grow is complete. Wonder if free upgrade to the 450 would be pushing my luck. Haha

Back
Top Bottom