Stonedsalmon's Second Indoor Soil Grow: Crown Royale & Northern Lights Mainlining

stonedsalmon

The strains are Crown Royal from Crop King and Northern Lights (unknown breeder). This time I went for feminized seeds. This thread is somewhat posthumous as i'm currently at around day 20 of flower.

My setup:
3x1.5x5' Tent
2x 5 Gallon Fabric pots (Crown Royal)
1x 3 Gallon Fabric Pot (Northern Lights)
4" inline fan and carbon filter
260w Quantum board kit
Humidifier & dehumidifier
2x clip on fans + intake fan
Nutrients - General Hydroponics Flora Grow,Micro,Bloom

My first grown was a little disappointing in terms of yield so I ditched the lights I was using previously. Also due to the space constraints of my tent I decided to give mainlining a shot. To start I germinated the seeds using the paper towel method and once they popped and showed the taproots I placed them into solo cups (clear ones inside red ones, So I could check the roots), at this point I was messing with the dimmer on my lights trying to avoid the plants getting too stretchy (which they were):
full

After a few days I noticed some discoloration on the leaves (potentially due to me dimming the light too much). I transplanted them into 1 gallon pots as previously I had better success with them than with solo cups in the early stages:
full

You can see they were still a little yellow. At this point I cranked my light up substantially to see how the plants would react and to my surprise there were no adverse affects and they started to hit their stride:
full

Once the plants reached their 6th node they were topped down to their third node and had all the lower growth (nodes) removed, at which point they looked like this:
full

(Going to split this up to avoid a mega post).

These arms grew out for around another week at which point they were topped for the third and final time:
full
Shortly after topping all three plants I noticed I had some unwelcome guests. Spring tails and fungus gnats. I decided on a pretty non aggressive method of dealing with them (sticky traps) and dressing the top of my soil with sand:
full

The plants didn't seem to mind and seemed to be happy even after all that chopping
full

The sand and sticky traps made quick work of the few fungus gnats that were lingering and they were gone in a matter of days. The spring tails not so much, after quite a lot of paranoid research the consensus seems to be that they're harmless anyway? :rolleyes: they still show up in my drip trays .

I will sub up to this one, nice setup you have there. I love the QBs, they grow some awesome plants. I done some Crown Royale two grows back, turned out to be some great bud and I still have seeds so I will probably run another in the future. It’s a relaxing smoke great for the evening time, if you like indica you will like Crown Royale. I have lots of bud shots of her in the journal, the journal is in my signature if you want to take a look. Good luck though and hope your grow goes great.✌️

I will sub up to this one, nice setup you have there. I love the QBs, they grow some awesome plants. I done some Crown Royale two grows back, turned out to be some great bud and I still have seeds so I will probably run another in the future. It’s a relaxing smoke great for the evening time, if you like indica you will like Crown Royale. I have lots of bud shots of her in the journal, the journal is in my signature if you want to take a look. Good luck though and hope your grow goes great.✌️

Thanks I appreciate it, I do love Indica (almost exclusively give or take the odd hybrid)! I'll definitely check your thread out too.

Nice work on the gnats, the sand and sticky traps are a nice non invasive solution that works most often. I had a large garbage bin full of extra soil that I also treated with mosquito dunks, eliminated the secondary source of the gnats, sticky traps took care of the rest.

Back
Top Bottom