DarkGreenGoo's - HSO Blue Dream - Indoor - LED - Coco Hempy SCROG!

looking good. in my opinion the latest you can cut plant material away and not harm yield is one week after pistil sighting. this is also when I lollipop because it's easier to see the final structure of the plant. any deeper in bloom and you negatively affect yield.

I have to try some grape strains because they sound delicious.

Seeing IS believing. I'm glad I made the 300w led my first choice. 3 clones started a couple days ago and I'm just tunning in the light for best results. I have to take my time, but I'm antsie.

A little update. The light seems to be working a bit too well.

My plants are pretty much touching the glass in the light, so I have had to tie them back. The light intensity and my KoolBloom feeding have given the plants a bit of Potassium Toxicity, locking out Mag. it's not major, only on a couple leaves.

So today I cut out the Floralicious PLus, and KoolBloom, and fed them 4 gallons of 7g Maxibloom, 3ML Silica Blast 5 ML Cal-mag Plus.

This should cut down on the Potassium, and bump up the Cal-mag. 4 gallons was enough to do a decent flush of both plants.

This was my fault, as instead of continuing to scrog, I let the plants grow. So if you are reading this, make sure to train your plants well if growing in a small space.

I am used to larger grows, and my habits carry over. This is only my second grow in a small tent, so I am still learning how to maximize a small space.

It appears the best method next time will be to let the plants veg for 8 weeks, Supercrop them, THEN lay the scrog over. Flip into flower a few days later. Then continue to tuck for the first week. This would make a super dense, even canopy.

I looked into Grapegod, and I may be running that with Fatty Bubba, which is a limited Edition run from ACE seeds using Katsu's Bubba Kush. Verified, so it's not this fake Bubba half the seed companies are pumping out.

I will have some pictures today. Trichomes are also beggining to appear, and considering I 5-6 weeks left these things are going to be super frosty.

If I can get a bit of extra money together, I may pick up Ghost Train Haze #1, or if I can find it #9.

I have a veg tent on it's way, and I will set up the P300 in there. If I do end up grabbing GTH#1 I will probably keep a mother of it. I will for sure keep a mother of Fatty Bubba, as it's basically no longer available at this point.

gKiPHWOFk9b2.jpg
V2G0jsWrR60u.jpg
QM7bapiHox0q.jpg
-MUsz1TKT3i7.jpg

I'm sure the nutrient issue will sort itself out with your help. it looks like that plant was still in the stretch. you could have topped it. I hope she stops stretching now. plants look great. time for bloom :high-five:

Well, I picked up some heavy duty zip ties, and zip tied the light as close to the top of the tent as I felt was safe. This gave me a few more inches to play with.

Stretch seems to have stopped, finally. Only took almost four weeks. I don't see any new growth with Mag/potassium issues, but I am going to up Cal-mag another 1 ML per gallon just in case next feeding, and keep KoolBloom cut out.

Looking around the forums, it seems a number of people growing under LED have the same issue. I guess plants respond to the LED's differently, and need more cal-mag/less potassium.
bqiRlTsALIoc.jpg
UZgUWrXY8fVK.jpg
F3PwwJN61kxl.jpg
FlDI7xoISTyc.jpg
CeIPTe-4oYOv.jpg
9qIeh0juGPYF.jpg

Judging by the size of the buds, my guess is this is going to go a full 10 weeks. Very much a sativa. I will be starting up another strain in the next two weeks.

I debated about doing the Grape strains as recommended by Mark, but I think I will run them closer to spring. The reason being is before I want to mess around with regular seeds in a small tent space, I want to get a few harvests under my belt. As well as begin staggering everything. This will give me time to select the plants I like, and pre-flower some clones to check for female, then select the strongest of the female plants later in veg. All while having others going.

I will most likely be running Strawberry Sour Diesel by Devils harvest, or Mad Kush by Sannies next.

After that will be GrapeGod and Ghost Train Haze #1 (or #9 if I can get it).

Beautiful as always, DGG :)

For reference.. what day of flower is this on?

Day 27. To be honest, my buds are small as hell for this stage. Not sure what the issue is as everything is pretty much dialed in perfect.

Maybe I have a heavy sativa Pheno that will need 12 weeks. Not really sure.

Day 27. To be honest, my buds are small as hell for this stage. Not sure what the issue is as everything is pretty much dialed in perfect.

Maybe I have a heavy sativa Pheno that will need 12 weeks. Not really sure.

Patience grasshopper... it's coming. They look better than mine at day 27 (from flip to 12/12). Go take a look at my journal now!! Arm sized nugz and the 2 ladies I'm giving extra LED power are getting there looking like cheese. all thick knarly white pistols, and the dank too!
I was freaking out a week or so ago cause there was not much frost but it's coming - some strains just take a little longer, think of a late bloomer woman you knew in HS then you see her at 25 and woah......

Things are very slow going. This grow was to experiment with new methods, and I have come to the conclusion they do not come close to what I was doing previously.

The Hempy Buckets have been far worse than Coco and Perlite in containers/smart buckets with proper airflow and drainage. Even with proper flushing it has caused significant salt build up. Slowly locking out certain things from my plants. The runoff was over 2100 PPM. I have gotten it down to 1400 PPM, and will continue to flush with fresh nutrient solution every other day until it's around 700.

I have ditched the Maxibloom/Calmag/Silica blast feeding. It works, but IMO the modified H3AD formula I was using in previous grows works much better. So I am not feeding them that.

The buds are still small, although they are growing. I pulled just about 10 OZ from 2 plants in 3 gallon containers in my last grow. This grow I will be lucky to pull 3 OZ from 2 plants in 5 gallon buckets.

I will continue to update this grow, and I hope they fatten up, I am letting them run 10-12 weeks.

If anyone runs bluedream, make sure not to pick the quickest growing plant. It is clearly a heavy sativa leaning pheno, and it's not a product like the true hybrid or indica leaning ones.

I will be starting up a new grow of North Light Blue at the end of this week once i get my veg tent up and running with the p300 inside. I will be training the living shit out of the NLB, and using the exact method that has worked wonderfully for me for years.

GHjasBh2KJiy.jpg
HrNmNPvVREDi.jpg
9cX-q8tHsKb_.jpg

I was using Maxibloom too recently ; however , some Blue Dream leaves started to shrink with a burnt look. I've been using just water the past few days. debating if I should use Old Age Growth fertilizer or Max Bloom. Maybe Bat Guano. What do you suggest for a rookie grower?

That grow doesn't look too bad - hey you've got some decent buds there. Changing a lot of things at the same time is tough cause you really cant tell what caused the change and I think my opinion, is with growing cannabis should be pretty easy right but when we are trying to trick the plant into doing more than the natural design thats when it gets tricky/more difficult. My experience is change one MAYBE 2 things that way you can pinpoint what change was negative, too many changes at once and you really don't know what caused the issue.

With my current grow I added in a 900w LED in addition to the 600w HPS, but not change completely from HPS to LED as I wanted to see what the plants would do with the LED. With nutrients I weened myself off bottled organic nutes and went to ACT - organic compost teas. I'm getting to the end of the run with these clones and all the fan leaves are burning off... same as the last time cept my yield I think is going to be 2-3X what I got the last grow. I guess my point is just hang in there, get another crop going and chalk it up as learning. Man when the day I harvested this summer I thought my weed was going to be terrible from the "looks" of it but hey hey hey, good weed and clones from the fox tails. I watered them very lightly for 2 weeks prior to harvest and grew some fox tails off the colas and they were the clones I'm growing now. It's all good I'm learning and didn't want to learn on $100 worth of seeds when I didn't know what I was doing with cannabis. I've been growing organic veggies for 35+ years so growing plants is not new to me.

Yeah so hang in there - my grow was going GREAT until the end and the plants are eating up themselves and I'm betting its just a strain thing, the more fan leaves eaten the frostier the buds and what I see is going to be different than what comes out of the curing jar. Ya really wont know until yer there at the end of cure and take a nice loooonnngggg puff ahhhh all that work will be worth it, that's a 100%. You're not done you could get some fatty buds at the end last 2 weeks, thats what I'm doing now. What I see is you still have a lot of big white hairs and they can get fattty just talk to them tell them what you need, looking good girls looking good.... looking REAL good. Give them your love and energy, they will respond.

Cheers

Thanks for the words bobbrown. I feel what I do have will be good quality. The pictures do not show it, but they are extremely frosty, with a great smell already. There are just many good goods, which is a fault of mine and various things I did in the grow.

In terms of the deficiency. I think it is two fold. First I think high PPM's caused some lockout, but I also feel LED's make plants need more calmag. The more grows I lookup using LED's (of all brands), many people end up having calmag issues. It is also discussed in a thread on another forum.

Not sure why this is, but if you are not completely on point, the plants seem to develop the issues quicker and in some cases need more.

Similar to what happens with Gavita lights.

NerdRage: I am using H3AD's formula, which I modify to add some silica and KoolBloom in flower (but I am using straight H3AD's right now). Look into it, just google "H3AD's formula", if you are using coco.

I think you've got more than 3 ounces there :cheer:

We will see, I hope so. It was my own fault for mainly letting the plants go and not continuing the SCROG. Live and learn though!

How tall is the tallest plant ? I'm doing indoor Blue Dream as well. Day 11 in Flower
One of my plants is about 3 ft 3 inches right now. The others are around 3' ft

How tall is the tallest plant ? I'm doing indoor Blue Dream as well. Day 11 in Flower
One of my plants is about 3 ft 3 inches right now. The others are around 3' ft

Around five feet from bottom of bucket to top tip.

Mine are about the same size ; however , 2 of my pots are smaller than the other two plants. I hope we Nug Fat ! Blue Dream Nice Mellow Sativa :)

Back
Top Bottom