Seraphim's Coco-Hempy Bubba-Cheese & Blue Widow LED Grow Journal 2014

re: Seraphim's Coco-Hempy Bubba-Cheese & Blue Widow LED Grow Journal 2014

Hey Seraphim Sorry I'm late - Your ladies are quite impressive!

:bravo: Congratulations on your harvest! :bravo:

I really like your drying set up and your detailed report. I have hopes I will be able to refer back to this journal at my own harvest time LOL.

Very well done indeed!

:Namaste:

Thank you Catman!! I look forward to your harvest as well!!!

Final weight – Blue Widow = 127 grams dry (4.5 ounces).

Excuse me for one second..... :slide::yahoo::slide::yahoo::yahoo::high-five::party::allgood::tommy::whoa::whoa::goof::theband::loopy::tokin:

That is the most weight I have ever gotten from a single plant. More per plant than I got from my 400Watt HPS. This output is in spite of having over-fed her at week 6 of flower and losing about 1.5 to 2 weeks of bud growth. Given what I pay for and the quantities of bud and the rate I would normally purchase at the dispensary, (which works out to $47 an 1.8th after taxes average) this plant just saved me $1,692. (Add this to the $615 or so saved from Ms Devil’s output and we are now at a total savings of just north of $2.300 over purchasing bud at the store.) When you count all the lights, electricity, nutes, media, containers, tents, etc. etc. that I purchased for this project, I am fairly certain that I did not spend over $2K, so I’d say the equipment already paid for itself at this point. Needless to say, I am extremely pleased with this outcome!

Blue Widow is the second plant that I have every successfully brought to completion in anything other than soil; the other one being Ms Devil and Bubba-Cheese looks like will be the third, so all three have basically grown simultaneously to make up one learning process.

Things learned:

Coco-hempy buckets rock! Easy breezy hydro.

Don’t feed coco-hempy per instructions on nute bottle as that is too hot. Instead, lower frequency/strength of feed for best results. (I am already applying this with Tangilope in the smart-hempy and she looks great!)

LED is for REAL! No joke. I was concerned about yield initially but this weight is a lot more than I expected from seeing the size of the individual buds. The final total weight is the bottom line and the weight is definitely there. The Mars-II 400W ROCKED 4.5 ounces of dense, beautiful prime nugs out of this plant on a 3.5 gal Coco-hempy and A/N nutes. (Base nutes only, no additives or boosters of any kind) So, Mars-II 400Watt LED > Standard 400Watt HPS in my book based on this experience.

A link to the Smoke report for Blue Widow will be posted here once I actually allow this bud to properly cure.

Bubba-Cheese still goes on. She is the last plant of this journal and she does not seem to have any plans of quitting anytime soon. Maybe another week or two.

Stay tuned! We are on the home stretch.

for what man?? ohhh! The harvest.. yeah! Pretty cool bro. Thanks man! Sorry, i've been hitting this.. and I forgot.. never-mind. Thanks man!

(in my best Cheech & Chong voice of course)

About 24 hours in the glass jars and burping has to be the time of the day I most look forward to.

I wish someone would come up with a way to record and share smells because this one makes me weak in the knees!! The funk coming out of those jars in just 24 hours of curing is something serious!! only smokers of dank who understand would appreciate this shit-ass-stink which we find irresistible!!

Final weight — Blue Widow = 127 grams dry (4.5 ounces).

Excuse me for one second..... :slide::yahoo::slide::yahoo::yahoo::high-five::party::allgood::tommy::whoa::whoa::goof::theband::loopy::tokin:

That is the most weight I have ever gotten from a single plant...

:bravo: Quite an Exciting Update Indeed! :bravo:

Thank you so much for the great journal Seraphim (and still in progress...)

I've appreciated your detailed update process throughout each stage along with your great photography. This last update in particular was pretty inspiring with the cost analysis thrown in

:cheesygrinsmiley:

This was the exact mental process I was operating from before I started a closet grow...but never thought could really pan out (and didn't keep track of very well after I started). Start to finish you've proven it can be done quite well, and documented the process for everyone!

:Namaste:

Thank you brother Catman! I am already enjoying Blue Widow's delights right now and its not even cured. Its strong! I feel pleasantly sedated and it's better than what I used to get at the store in my opinion. Of course i think its better because I grew it. But no, really, it is much smoother and that immediate POW! in your face onset is just awesome! I cant wait to see what it turns into in a few weeks of curing.

Thanks BlackPolo23! I am still processing this in my head. And its DAAAANK! I can't wait for it to be at peak cure so that I can present a few gifts to close friends! I can't wait to see how they will react!

OK update!

Today's trichome check on Bubba-Cheese was promising. I was able to find a few areas where ambers were on the actual flower, not on the leaves. Still most buds are not displaying readiness but some are getting there. I'd say another week, maybe a little more. The closer we get the more I am all over her checking those trichs.

This is what she looks like today at day 70 of flowering.

IMG_281111.JPG

IMG_28129.JPG

IMG_28149.JPG

IMG_281510.JPG

IMG_28167.JPG

IMG_28177.JPG

IMG_281812.JPG

IMG_28205.JPG

These buds are also very dense and I suspect a decent weight from her as well although I expect much less than Blue Widow's yield based on plant structure.

Also, these buds are not as frosty as Blue Widows were at harvest. But its not over till the fat lady smokes a joint of cured bud, and then sings.

Well, today there are more ambers. Some buds are saying “ready!” while some are saying, “Not yet”. I recon it’s a matter of days at his point.

Although I’ve been flushing for some time now, I took her to the bathroom today and gave her a good flush since harvest is imminently close at hand. She should be pretty smooth. As it is now, the plan it to start the long dark night this Thursday the 6th for a Saturday morning harvest unless I see a jump in ambers and I decide to chop sooner.

THX!

I only hope the quality of the smoke ends up matching the looks of the picture.

Lets see what they look like today.

On other news, I just got back from my local hydro store where I picked up 30Lbs of earth worm castings with a K reading of 0 and a 3.8CF bale of Pro-Mix HP Mico.

Doc Bud's High Brix kit is on the way and should be here this week. I also picked up a 60 gallon mixer (hope its large enough)which should be delivered sometime next week. Can't wait to get everything in and start cooking my soil for the next grow!!!

Lets see what they look like today.

On other news, I just got back from my local hydro store where I picked up 30Lbs of earth worm castings with a K reading of 0 and a 3.8CF bale of Pro-Mix HP Mico.

Doc Bud's High Brix kit is on the way and should be here this week. I also picked up a 60 gallon mixer (hope its large enough)which should be delivered sometime next week. Can't wait to get everything in and start cooking my soil for the next grow!!!

:high-five:

BUBBA-CHEESE was harvested this morning according to schedule.

She was displaying readiness for the last 3 or 4 days. There are fewer buds than Blue Widow, but these buds are larger and very dense!! The buds are also noticeably heavier than Blue Widows buds at harvest.

I did not expect much from Bubba-Cheese and as such she has been quite surprising towards the end picking up color, size, serious weight and a faint but very pleasant cheesy scent.

I will come back to post final weight of Bubba-Cheese when she's dry enough. I will also post the total final weight of all the plants in this journal as well as links to the smoke report(s) when those are ready. By the way, I know you are still waiting for the Blue Widow smoke report, I have not forgotten. All links will be posted here. And once that happens I will let the moderators know. But we're not done quite yet...

Now pardon me as I've smoked some of that Blue Widow and, well... I've always wanted to have my own journal to share my grow. The traditionally outlaw nature of our favorite pastime has conditioned a lot of us to be very private about this but this goes against our nature. We as humans wish to share the good things we do that excite us and make us happy. For us here in this forum, one of those things we enjoy is growing the fruit of joy and medicinal happiness that comes in the form of a flower. And so I have to thank 420 Magazine and all of you who have followed along for making it possible for all of your peers, myself included, to share with each other the great joy of growing this amazing plant.

OK soap box over... time for a few pictures.

IMG_28447.JPG

IMG_28437.JPG

IMG_284110.JPG

IMG_28388.JPG

IMG_28378.JPG

Cheers!

BUBBA-CHEESE was harvested this morning according to schedule.

Now pardon me as I've smoked some of that Blue Widow and, well... I've always wanted to have my own journal to share my grow. The traditionally outlaw nature of our favorite pastime has conditioned a lot of us to be very private about this but this goes against our nature. We as humans wish to share the good things we do that excite us and make us happy. For us here in this forum, one of those things we enjoy is growing the fruit of joy and medicinal happiness that comes in the form of a flower. And so I have to thank 420 Magazine and all of you who have followed along for making it possible for all of your peers, myself included, to share with each other the great joy of growing this amazing plant.

OK soap box over... time for a few pictures.

IMG_28447.JPG

:party: :cheer: :adore: :adore: :adore: :cheer: :party:

Congratulations on Your Harvest Seraphim!

:blunt: Well Done My Friend! Very Well Done :blunt:

Thanks bud!! And thank you for following along!

A couple of days ago a friend of mine who's wife has cancer stopped by to say hello. We smoked some blue widow and I gave him a nice care package for him and his wife. They are not doing too well money wise and it helps them free up $$ for other things since she's going though chemotherapy and smoking is the only thing that gets her eating and being anything other than completely miserable. I can't tell you how ridiculously satisfying it is to know I can make a significant difference in someone's life like that and all without much sacrifice at all because frankly, I have more bud now than I can smoke in some time.

Back
Top Bottom