DarkGreenGoo's - HSO Blue Dream - Indoor - LED - Coco Hempy SCROG!

Unfortunatly I use my flower tent to dry my buds, as I can control the space inside perfectly (humidity, drying time, exhaust etc..)

The popcorn stuff won't go to waste though. The other person I grow for has COPD and Cancer. They are unable to smoke, but use edibles. I should have enough to make 6 months worth of Tinctures.

My wife likes to make tintures can you point me to a recipe I can share with her?? Please?

Cheers

I took a few more photos of the plants today. A day before I begin flushing them.

I really wish I had my new camera system right now. This old Camera (8 years old), really doesn't do the colors justice. The plant is finishing more "completely" then a number of other strains I have grown recently. Lots of different colors, including a bit of purple/blue-ish that all show up as brown or yellow on this camera with the filter I use to make it viewable under the LED's. Also doesn't capture all the ping-pong sized dense nugs around the middle and back section of the plant. As well as the larger,10-15 gram colas in the bottom-middle, that is normally just the tops in my pictures while looking at the large colas up top.

Dec_29_9_.jpg
Dec_29_8_.jpg
Dec_29_6_.jpg
Dec_29_5_.jpg
Dec_29_4_.jpg
Dec_29_3_.jpg
Dec_29_2_.jpg
Dec_29_1_.jpg

I will document the chop, dry and cure as well when the time arrives.

Looking good. Thanks for making such a detailed and documented journal also. I'm glad i went back and reread over it, and saw the idea for the siphon for watering. That will make it much easier for me. I have been trying to figure out a way to water without leaving dips and pits in my coco. Looking forward to your next steps.

Cool! Details are critical for a novice like me, DGG. Too many vids skip filming during small steps that you all take for granted, but we need so see it done. I finally found, after days of searching, what I did wrong with my planting in rockwool. Stupid, simple little step, but it's come close to costing me the lives of 3 little girls. So glad to hear you'll be a bit more detailed. :)
Keep up the good work!

Thanks, Andy.
:nicethread::grinjoint:

Wow - those shade leaves look yummy and the rest looks like Crazy Nugz - nice buds there buddy! :cheer:

On waiting to day 70.... buds in hand are worth more than the bush!

You got some mighty fine looking greens three DGG... props for the job well done. Yeah you right!

Smoke report??? hahaha I know you had to try some..... Bag appeal is going to be off the charts, yer setting a 420Mag standard right there with that grow. :bravo: Can't wait to see some dried bud pics!

Dark green those are some nice plants homie just got my my 3 600W LEDs i was wondering if u could give me some tips on growing with these lights. I have a 4x8 tent how many lights should i use to veg and how close should they be i'm going to be using soil also and im hearing led plants need cal mag any help is appreciated

Thanks to everyone for checking out the journal.

Been really busy lately so updating on the final weight and other things has not taken place.

CHOP, HSO BLUE DREAM and FINAL WEIGHT
Everything was chopped down and wet trimmed the night I mentioned it in here. Good trim was separated into a paper bag and hung to dry along with the buds. Anything that was airy, or too small, or connected to a mostly useless branch was all put in with the "trim". It will be used for tinctures and edibles. I don't count any of this towards my final harvest weight. That is all separate, and I do not even weigh it. I only count the buds that I feel are worth smoking. Which are dried and separately jarred with Boveda packs to cure.

Here is a photo of just the tip of a bud that broke off. (looks like entire bud but isn't)

Jan_7_2015.jpg

The final product was very sticky and had an extremely strong stink. The overall smell was pretty good. I am not going to try and blow smoke up peoples asses with a million terms like I am explaining the tastes of a vintage bottle of wine. It smelled good, like flowers/botanicals + sour weed.

It grew pretty well, especially considering the issues I discovered after the chop (we will get to this later). For a plant I only topped once and gave up SCROG'ing with, I was impressed.

It stretched for 3 weeks easily, and didn't put on weight until the very end. It also produced lots of side branching that was useless. Which dropped the yield in a smaller area. If you plan to grow this plant, grow it in a larger tent or outside. It is very much a sativa and your yields will suffer in small spaces.

The colors were also really good, but it was difficult to ever show them with the LED's. One of the coolest looking plants towards the end I have seen.

The smoke after cure is good. Fairly strong, but all in the head and also feels "clean" (no headache and so forth). It also seems to really help as a decongestant (been sick, one hit of this and I am breathing very freely).

Overall I would give the HSO Blue Dream an 8 out of 10.

The final weight was just over 5 ozs in terms of everything that I feel was worth smoking.

Jan_6_20151.jpg

The plant did produce decently considering issues I will give below. I also feel due to the plants sativa nature, and be putting two of them in 5 gallon pots in such a small space, that I impacted the harvest in a negative way. I should have also continued to SCROG the plant, or topped it more than the single time I did.

As I said above, if you plan to grow this strain, grow it in a decently sized area, or keep on top of the training. I have photos where it grows 9 inches in just under 3 days towards the end of stretch. If you let it get a bit out of control like I did, you will impact your yields in a negative way.

PROBLEMS WITH GROW

This grow has had it's share of problems. Not from bugs, or other pests, but mainly due to my own failings. I am getting used to growing in small spaces and certain things are trail and error.

* SCROG - Essentially, I gave up on the SCROG mid way into the grow to see what the plants did naturally. this was the first mistake, and I should have continued with the SCROG as planned. Since I didn't top more than once, and had no other training methods, the plant grew out of control.

* Lights too close - Since the plants ended up growing very quickly and for a long period of time, the 450W ended up too close to the plants. This caused some of the colas to become bleached. The colas also blocked much of the light (since they were the tallest) from branches towards the outside of the tent. Their height coupled with size, created a small around the light blocking lots of different parts of the plants.

* Hempy - I am done with Hempy. It works for many people, but not for me. Basically what happened is on one of the plants, instead of the roots growing down into the perlite and using the reservoir at the bottom. They instead thought the perlite was the bottom of the pot and did not go into it at all. They wrapped back down, under and around the coco, not touching the perlite. So that plant was sitting in high PPM runoff (which can't be eaten to balance out since no roots are in it), with no drainage at it's base. The high PPM solution in the bottom, would slowly wick up, instead of the plants drinking and getting extra oxygen in the perlite. Needless to say this was a problem and impacted the final yield and probably quality of the end product.

* Nutrients - The initial Nutrient reg I was doing will work fine. It was only a problem for me because of the issues I had with the hempy buckets (salts built up). In fact, I may revisit this feeding method in the future (the maxibloom + stuff). H3AD's is a life saver though. I encourage anyone using coco to google it.

* LED's - Not so much a problem, but more something I didn't not understand when going into the grow. LED's seem to, when looking around the web and at my grow, impact the Cal-mag uptake of the plants. Both these plants and my current young plants developed Cal-mag issues. So if you do use LED's, make sure to use a bit more calmag (or a bit more Epsom if using H3AD's formula).

Overall I am very happy with the grow. It had it's share of problems, but most of it was on my end. I will have more bud shots sometime later, I won't leave you guys with just that little thing.

My next grow which is Northern Light Blue by Delcious seeds is also progressing. I will post up a new journal when I begin mainlinging them.

I will also post up a review and more information on the PlatinumLED grow lights sometime soon in a post below as well.

SEED

Sept 18 - Planted germinated seeds, put in humidome, and coco/perlite mix solo cup with 100 PPM of Calmag plus @ 5.8 PH

VEGETATIVE STAGE

Week 1
(Day 1) Sept 19 - all sprouted (within 24 hours), BD 1 started slow but caught up by end of day, BD-S thinnest stem thus far, BD 2 first sprout.
(Day 2) Sept 20 - First true leaves started. BD1 and 2 on spame pace, a bit of stretch. BD3 main stem still thin. Fed again with 100 PPM calmag+ @ 5.8 PH, humidome off. Plants lifted about 12" from light to combat stretch, placed ontop of humidome.
(Day 3) Sept 21 - True leaves grew larger, BD3 still small and bent. Still stretching.
(Day 4) Sept 22 - Added more coco to each container. Made sure stems were straight. Fed at 100 PPM of Calmag + at a PH of 5.7 until significant runoff. Rotated BD 1 and BD 3. True leaves going larger. Temp was 79F during day, 74F during night.
(Day 5) Sept 23 - Nothing done, true leaves growing larger.
(Day 6) Sept 24 - 15 PPM of Silica blast, 125 PPM of Calmag +, PH 5.7. Fed until runoff.
(Day 7) Sept 25 - Nothing

Week 2
(Day 8) Sept 26 - 150 PPM combined Calmag and Silica Blast. 1 full ML of Calmag Plus. Everything looks healthy. BD3 still small.
(Day 9) Sept 27 - 600 PPM - 1ML Silica Blast, 2 ML Calmag, 1/4 TSP Maxibloom PH 5.78
(Day 10) Sept 28 - Nothing - fan off, light raised. Hopefully stops leaves from "tacoing"
(Day 11) Sept 29 - 1/4 tsp Maxibloom, 1.5 ML Silica Blast, 2ML Calimag.
(Day 12) Sept 30 - Nothing.
(Day 13) Oct 1 - Nothing
(Day 14) Oct 2 - Transplant into 5 gallon, 3 gallon water, PH 5.76 2ML Calmag 1.5 ML Silica Blast 1/2 TSP per gallon.

Week 3
(Day 15) Oct 3 - 4 gallons, 2 gallond each, PH 5.8, 7 gram maxibloom per gallon, 4ML calmag plus per callon, 3 ML Silica blast per gallon. Lots and lots of runoff. Lets turned up to 75 percent.
(Day 16) Oct 4 - Nothing
(Day 17) Oct 5 - Nothing
(Day 18) Oct 6 - Nothing.
(Day 19) Oct 7 - 7G per gallon Maxibloom, 4ML per gallon Calmag Plus, 2.5 ML per gallon Silica Blast. PH 5.8
(Day 20) Oct 8 - Nothing
(Day 21) Oct 9 - Nothing

Week 4
(Day 22) Oct 10 - 7G per gallon Maxibloom, 4ML per gallon Calmag Plus, 3ML per gallon Silica blast, PH 5.87, 1000PPM 0.5 scale.
(Day 23) Oct 11 - Nothing
(Day 24) Oct 12 - Nothing
(Day 25) Oct 13 - Nothing
(Day 26) Oct 14 - 7G per gallon Maxibloom, 4ML per gallon Calmag Plus, 3ML per gallon Silica blast, PH 5.83, 950PPM 0.5 scale. Installed LED300
(Day 27) Oct 15 - Intalled the SCROG
(Day 28) Oct 16 - Nothing

Week 5
(Day 29) Oct 17 - Nothing - Tucked some branches.
(Day 29) Oct 18 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus per gallon - Tucking, defoliation
(Day 30) Oct 19 - Nothing
(Day 31) Oct 20 - Nothing
(Day 32) Oct 21 - Nothing
(Day 33) Oct 22 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus per gallon - Tucking, defoliation
(Day 34) Oct 23 - Tucking, defoliation

Week 6
(Day 35) Oct 24 - Final Tucking and defoliation.
(Day 36) Oct 25 - Tucking
(Day 37) Oct 26 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus per gallon - Tucking, defoliation
(Day 38) Oct 27 - Tucking, plucking fan leaves
(Day 39) Oct 28 - Small bit of tucking
(Day 40) Oct 29 - Nothing
(Day 41) Oct 30 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3.5 Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus per gallon. Fully lolipopped under the screen.

FLOWERING STAGE

Week 1
(Day 1) Oct 31 - Nothing
(Day 2) Nov 1 - Nothing
(Day 3) Nov 2 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus, 1 TSP KoolBLoom per gallon
(Day 4) Nov 3 - Nothing
(Day 5) Nov 4 - Nothing
(Day 6) Nov 5 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus, 1 TSP KoolBLoom per gallon
(Day 7) Nov 6 - Nothing

Week 2
(Day 8) Nov 7 - Nothing
(Day 9) Nov 8 - Nothing
(Day 10) Nov 9 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus, 2 TSP KoolBLoom per gallon
(Day 11) Nov 10 - Nothing
(Day 12) Nov 11 - Nothing
(Day 13) Nov 12 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus, 2 TSP KoolBLoom per gallon
(Day 14)Nov 13 - Nothing

Week 3
(Day 15)Nov 14 - Nothing
(Day 16)Nov 15 - Nov 12[/B] - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus, 2 TSP KoolBLoom per gallon
(Day 17)Nov 16 - Nothing
(Day 18)Nov 17 - Nothing
(Day 19)Nov 18 - Nothing
(Day 20)Nov 19 - [/B] - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3.5 Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus, 2 TSP KoolBLoom per gallon
(Day 21)Nov 20 - Nothing

Week 4
(Day 22) Nov 21 - Nothing
(Day 23) Nov 22 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3.5 Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus, 2 TSP KoolBLoom per gallon
(Day 24) Nov 23 - Nothing
(Day 25) Nov 24 - Plant showed some Mag Def/Potasium Toxicity. 4 Gallon of 7G Maxibloom + 3ML Silica Blast + 5ML Cal-mag Plus - Lots of runoff.
(Day 26) Nov 25 - Nothing
(Day 28) Nov 26 - Nothing
(Day 29) Nov 27 - Maxibloom 7g, Silica Blast 3ML.

Week 5
(Day 30) Nov 28 - Nothing
(Day 33) Nov 29 - Nothing
(Day 34) Nov 30 - H3AD's Formula @ 4 gallon. PPM Going in 650, coming out 2200PPM. Salt build up, nute toxicity, potential Calmag lockout due to Potasium.
(Day 35) Dec 1 - Nothing
(Day 36) Dec 2 - H3AD's formula @ 4 gallons. PPM going in 650. Coming out 1800PPM
(Day 38) Dec 3 - Nothing
(Day 39) Dec 4 - H3AD's formula @ 4 gallons. PPM @ 1250, PPM going in 650.

Week 6
(Day 40) Dec 5 - Nothing
(Day 41) Dec 6 - Nothing
(Day 42) Dec 7 - H3AD's formula @ 4 gallons. PPM @ 1118, PPM going in 700.
(Day 43) Dec 8 - Nothing
(Day 44) Dec 9 - H3AD's formula @ 4 gallons. PPM @ 1114, PPM going in 650.
(Day 45) Dec 10 - Nothing
(Day 46) Dec 11 - Nothing

Week 7
(Day 47) Dec 12 - H3AD's Formula @ 4 gallons. PPM 1008, PPM going in 620
(Day 48) Dec 13 - Nothing
(Day 49) Dec 14 - Nothing
(Day 50) Dec 15 - H3AD's Formula @ 4 gallons. PPM 700
(Day 51) Dec 16 - Nothing
(Day 52) Dec 17 - Nothing
(Day 53) Dec 18 - H3AD's Formula @ 4 gallons. PPM 650

Week 8
(Day 54) Dec 19 - Nothing
(Day 55) Dec 20 - Nothing
(Day 56) Dec 21 - H3AD's Formula @ 4 gallons. PPM 650
(Day 57) Dec 22 - Nothing
(Day 58) Dec 23 - Nothing
(Day 59) Dec 24 - H3AD's Formula @ 5 gallons. PPM 680
(Day 60) Dec 25 - Nothing

Week 9
(Day 61) Dec 26 - Nothing
(Day 62) Dec 27 - H3AD's Formula @ 5 gallons. PPM 680
(Day 63) Dec 28 - Nothing
(Day 64) Dec 29 - Nothing
(Day 65) Dec 30 - Flush
(Day 66) Dec 31 - Nothing
(Day 67) Jan 1 - Flush

Week 10
(Day 68) Jan 2 - Nothing
(Day 69) Jan 3 - Harvest

Great update DGG and gratz to your harvest :welldone:

Good that you like the quality and found your issues at least.
Still a good end with such heavy root problems.

Back
Top Bottom