Rhetorrikz - LED Grow - Coco

Hmm 85 on and 95 off?

Pretty sure the extra heat encourages the plant to drink more, which indirectly brings in more nutrients. But the plant photosynthesizes at the same pace, so the excess nutes become toxic. I've heard 85 is the perfect temperature for LED grows tho.

3/9
20160309_185218.jpg

About a week on, feeding 15ml a, 15ml b, 10ml calmax, -10lt tap water this is about 500ppm @5.9ph ..
My lazy routine has caused some issues i need to step it up to daily feeding now, the plant on the right was looking worse, clawing and under watered. Checked the first initial bit of run off - 1100ppm 6.4 ph. All plants recieved a decient flush. Now all have runoff of 700ppm 6.2ph . Daily feeding with good run off should do the trick. On the plus side more pistals every day now :woohoo:

Very nice :thumb: You can sure see the difference in LED, the cree definitely is pushing more natural leaf growth which will aid in the heat stress defense overall. If your temps are high at night I think you should get some foam coolers and make a mini A/C that you can vent in. I made one and it consistently blew in 40-50F temps during my summer months.

Haha all good lucky bugger havin a chill out day :thumb:
Im due for an update , my middle plants are different pheno still pinapple chunk but not growing the way i desire which i was carefull not to clone this time.. and ive done a plain water 5.7ph 3x pot size flush on the two outside plants been battling n tox with those only .??? Any way should be on the road movin forward again as we speak.. cutting back the feed helped but i definatly had some build up happening.. first time actually in the 4 grows in this journal to see it this bad ? Same nutes same conditions same clones ? I dono.. now im questioning my feed ratio that has served me well.
I want to feed something ? But what .. canna lists pk13/14 as a 1 week thing in there schedule around week5/6 i dono if it somehow contributed to the build up .. me adding a bit in so soon ? Or maybe i should feed only pk13/14 and cut nitrogen completely for a bit. dono :hmmmm:

Any plans to move the hps to the other side? Or centre it? So the leds can be compared? Doesn't seem fair to pretend the cree diodes are better when it is supplemented with hps.
Or maybe I am confusing you with someone else. I thought it was you comparing eshine to something else but had an hps throwing off the comparison.

Some day I want to see a legitimate side by side with two same size clones on same wattage LEDs on same shared hydro reservoir for a real test... If a fancy light costs 3 times as much and grows only slightly more then it failed in my mind.

Hi OttawaG welcome back. In the beginning of this journal there were 3 lights hps & 2 LEDs, the heat from the hps was getting unbearable , so the decision was made to build my own led fixture and the hps was removed pg6. I do have plans to run the hps alongside the leds again soon , not in this hot space tho .. in the meantime pg 4 & 8 have some harvest numbers and if you have any ideas reguarding my feeds and the n tox i ran into on the last page i would appriciate it... :reading420magazine:

20160317_184934.jpg
I may have to tie these girls back some more yet . They are growing well temps have been better 84f lights on 94f lights off so a little better . Starting to see them form little clumps of pistals finally.. hopefully nearing the end of stretch for these center girls.. i never did any defol this time just cliped a few low limbs. Does anyone think i should thin out any smaller branches after they are actually flowering ? Channel that energy into larger limbs?
20160317_185941.jpg

20160317_184946.jpg
This is the plant on the right transitioned to flower quicker stretched less but this is the n toxicity im seeing..

I felt bad for the roots salt build up and the n tox showing i thaught id try and do something nice for the girls .. visited the shop today found some great white and a sml bottle of cannazym also found some an. nirvana hope this might cheer them up a bit... feed today was 10 ml nirvana 15ml cannazym 10ml rhizotonic 1 scoop great white 10ml canna coco a 10 ml coco b 15ml calmax -10l tap water ph5.8 600ppm :bitingnails: hope they like it :)

Looking good man! My CoB panel is stretching my plants between the nodes more than my purple LED would too.

Let's practice lollipopping together! Will be my first time trying it. My girls will start flowering next week, then after a 2 week stretch I'll go in and take off any shoots that haven't kept pace with the rest of the canopy. I had so much fluffy popcorn on low branches my last run, I definitely won't be missing it during trimming.

I think its best to do the defol after the stretch and flowering has visibly begun. Ive seen it refered to in days after flip but with diferent strains i think waiting for the signs is the best approach.
Funny ive allways put stretch down to diferent phenotypes the leaves and the overall structure seems different.. something to watch more closely .. lets see how your girls react. I have thaught about adding 2 5000k or 6500k chips in between the 3000k chips to add to the spectrum , but weather that would be the best thing to do im not sure yet ive also seen people add 3 or 5 w red leds around there cob pannels also .. 3000k should be all we need for flower they yielded very well last rounds i might have a chat to thebudking he has some very impressive grows under diy cree cobs here on 420
:passitleft:

Thanks for the tip. Amare uses secondary 5W red and blue, but I'm not sure what their cob spectrum is. Sounds like a good idea to mix them, but I'm no scientist.

Here's an email I got from Victor, the guy at Amare, when I asked him about the spectrum. It kind of went over my head, but maybe it'll help you.

I'm a little concerned about the red end of the spectrum. Your graphs show it peaking at 637 and then drops off. I've read that chlorophyll a & b peak absorption is at 640nm and 660nm. Isn't this panel missing those peaks? Does CREE not make high intensity LED's at those wavelengths, or what is the reason for that?

Victor: There's a lot of generic information out in regards to the clorophyll a/b absorption. We've done extensive R/D on this subject, testing most of these theories in pursuit of tuning our spectrum canna-specific to allow this miraculous plant to reach it's full genetic potential.

The spectrum of light the plant uses efficiently changes with the intensity. At low light levels red is used most then blue, just like the chlorophyl charts. As the light gets brighter more blue is used, and more. The break point is reached about 50% of max leaf capacity then green starts coming on. As the intensity continues up red and blue remain steady but green use continues to grow until at maximum it is almost half of all the light energy being used. This is one reason why, even with the lopsided spectrum produced by HPS can still get good results.

Green-response chlorophyll extending throughout and deep into leaf structures, with a net effect at or near that of the (mostly) surface-level blue and reds, which also takes care of most of the ~660nm+ you actually need for photomorphogenesis - and you can get by with 630nm reds just fine.

(i.e. 630nm red is ~95% of the PSR of 660nm and they currently still have ~20-30% greater radiometric efficiency.)

Our 6500k based spectrum peaks in the blue/green, which are higher intensity than the red bands and allows it to have better intra-canopy penetration since it's able to retain more of it's intensity at longer distance.

Thats interesting thanks man.. i just went and looked at the cree cxb3070 data sheet and the most efficient 6500k chips are higher intensity running 11000lumens @1900ma and the 3000k are around 9900 lumens @ 25°c , as they heat up they loose efficiency each losing 1000 lumens by 85°c ..

Well i should've added cal mag to my flush a few days ago cause i think i flushed it out. i see some mag deficiency dam... today 20ml calmax, 10 ml nirvana, 10ml canazym, 1/2 tsp great white with no ph down its at 7.8ph in 10l tapwater :straightface: and i did a foilar feed calmag.. hope that boosts everthing 1 or 2 days? Then a base nute feed at proper ph ..

Feed 20 ml calmax ,10ml a 10ml b, ph 5.9 600ppm
Relieved when i opened the door and saw new growth .. temps 80-85 lights on through night and light off max atm 93 for a couple hours middle of the day..
Today I built a mini cob led i had one cree chip spare so i pieced togeather this cool little light.. its a heatsink from a water chiller a pc fan a cree 3000k cxb3070 a 36v 1800ma driver and a 12 ac/dc adapter for the fan... it is in the center front now
20160323_211903.jpg

20160323_211934.jpg

Seeing flowers develop slowly on the center girls

20160323_212235.jpg

20160323_212159.jpg

The girl on the right under the 100x3

20160323_212009.jpg

And the girl on the left her new leaves looking better
This is what i thaught was magnesium deficiency? Showed after flushing.. i think i flushed all the cal mag out of the coco

20160323_212508.jpg
20160323_212104.jpg

Back
Top Bottom