ThatBoyDean's Coco Grow

Thanks I've been interested in getting some for a while. I'm thinking of trying dry ice extraction since it seems like less of a hassle, you ever try dry ice extraction?

Not had the chance to yet but will do soon...

The finished bubble hash looks great.

If you don't mind, which size of bags did you get and how much were they? I'm interested, but not sure if I'll have enough trim to make bubble worth it. Instead I'd just do some sort of ice extraction without the bags until I further my grow op.

hiya CG, i've got the 4 bag kit containing 220, 160, 73 and 25 micron bags.

you could try making some gumby hash

I came back from the hydro store with cannazyme and cannaboost. Your grow inspired me, now hopefully my flowers turn out just as good. :)

Thanks TBD

Yeah, that's exactly the method I was going to use if I didn't do the bags.

you'll be happy with the results if you give it ago

Very nice grow and congratulations on a nice harvest. +reps for some great ideas. Can you show how you have your light set up in the DR90? :thanks:

:high-five: HomeMedGrower, you were reading my mind.

HMG and Live i've not got any pic so that you'll be able to see the full setup but the pictures below are whats within the tent...

parabolic_reflector_maxibright_compact_ballast_94802.jpg
extracteur-S-P-TD-500-2.jpg
phats_49852.jpg

you'll be happy with the results if you give it ago

HMG and Live i've not got any pic so that you'll be able to see the full setup but the pictures below are whats within the tent...

parabolic_reflector_maxibright_compact_ballast_94802.jpg
extracteur-S-P-TD-500-2.jpg
phats_49852.jpg

Thanks TBD, you don't have any heat problems with running a 600W and parabolic hood? I got to figure out how I'm going to set up my DR90.

Thanks TBD, you don't have any heat problems with running a 600W and parabolic hood? I got to figure out how I'm going to set up my DR90.

No heat probs for me mate, temps stay about 80f but i have a 400w bulb and ballast incase it gets to hot in the summer months!

:welldone:

Great grow! Man, those plants looked great from start to finish. Very nice tent setup as well. That UKC looks amazingly tasty, nice pull from it.

I just started using coco-coir, and you answered some key questions QT asked. Great info in this journal, thank you.

Plus rep, TBD!

:peace:

I'm not too sure on gumby but some hash can be gooey! Just make sure you squeeze ALL the water out, and let it fully dry. You do NOT want moldy hash

Yea all the water in it came out when I formed it off the foil but its been a couple days and its still sticky, is this ok its still out drying I guess but I smoked it but im already really ripped so how high can I get? :rofl:

Well like I said I'm not too sure on Gumby. Here is a good post explaining how to dry bubble hash. Even though it is a different technique it is quite similar and I would think the drying part would be pretty much the same.

Although I don't know if Gumby & Bubble have the same consistency/texture

WHile the bubble is still quite fresh, i press it gently in the pressing screen, this removes 80% of the water in order for me to have it in a perfect form for breaking up> I then chop the very lightly pressed lump of wet bubble, and seperate it out spreading the hash as thin as i can over the cardboard. because here is the REAL KEY. the dessicant can only work with the surface area it is given, and because we are dealing with such an incredible resin. it literaly seals upon itself. meaning the outside of your hash will dry fine, but the inside moisture will be trapped ( this is not true of 25u heads, as they are much smaller and leave less surface area of air between the heads when pressed,thus it is actualy possible to dry 25u in one thin patty or lump. This is NOT so with the other U sizes) So it is very important and i cannot stress it enough to tell you, please break your hash up while its still semi wet, and seperate out the chunks as much as you can. Personaly i have even see chunks maintain a moisture level that i think is to high. The way to show this to yourself is by merely pressing your wet bubble, and seeing how long it holds together. Perhaps a day perhaps a week, eventualy it will go from being a wickedly hard ass chunk of hash, to one that crumbles upon itself. When bubble is dried properly and pressed, it will remain a rock hard chunk until smoked.

Back
Top Bottom