DarkGreenGoo's - HSO Blue Dream - Indoor - LED - Coco Hempy SCROG!

Re: DarkGreenGoo's - HSO Blue Dream - Indoor - LED - Coco Hempy SCROG!!

Well, tonight they go into flower. It is finally time. The action is about to begin, and we will see if they hermie, what pheno types they are, what the smells are like and so forth. very excited.

Today I have fed them their full nutrient feeding, and the last feeding before I add KoolBloom. I also finished lolipopping below the screen. allowing maximum airflow.

Here are some photo's of them just after feeding. Moments ago.

foto_no_exif_3_7.jpg

foto_no_exif_2_6.jpg

foto_no_exif_1_10.jpg

foto_no_exif11.jpg

I have also updated the feeding and maintenance journal.

SEED

Sept 18 - Planted germinated seeds, put in humidome, and coco/perlite mix solo cup with 100 PPM of Calmag plus @ 5.8 PH

VEGETATIVE STAGE

Week 1
(Day 1) Sept 19 - all sprouted (within 24 hours), BD 1 started slow but caught up by end of day, BD-S thinnest stem thus far, BD 2 first sprout.
(Day 2) Sept 20 - First true leaves started. BD1 and 2 on spame pace, a bit of stretch. BD3 main stem still thin. Fed again with 100 PPM calmag+ @ 5.8 PH, humidome off. Plants lifted about 12" from light to combat stretch, placed ontop of humidome.
(Day 3) Sept 21 - True leaves grew larger, BD3 still small and bent. Still stretching.
(Day 4) Sept 22 - Added more coco to each container. Made sure stems were straight. Fed at 100 PPM of Calmag + at a PH of 5.7 until significant runoff. Rotated BD 1 and BD 3. True leaves going larger. Temp was 79F during day, 74F during night.
(Day 5) Sept 23 - Nothing done, true leaves growing larger.
(Day 6) Sept 24 - 15 PPM of Silica blast, 125 PPM of Calmag +, PH 5.7. Fed until runoff.
(Day 7) Sept 25 - Nothing

Week 2
(Day 8) Sept 26 - 150 PPM combined Calmag and Silica Blast. 1 full ML of Calmag Plus. Everything looks healthy. BD3 still small.
(Day 9) Sept 27 - 600 PPM - 1ML Silica Blast, 2 ML Calmag, 1/4 TSP Maxibloom PH 5.78
(Day 10) Sept 28 - Nothing - fan off, light raised. Hopefully stops leaves from "tacoing"
(Day 11) Sept 29 - 1/4 tsp Maxibloom, 1.5 ML Silica Blast, 2ML Calimag.
(Day 12) Sept 30 - Nothing.
(Day 13) Oct 1 - Nothing
(Day 14) Oct 2 - Transplant into 5 gallon, 3 gallon water, PH 5.76 2ML Calmag 1.5 ML Silica Blast 1/2 TSP per gallon.

Week 3
(Day 15) Oct 3 - 4 gallons, 2 gallond each, PH 5.8, 7 gram maxibloom per gallon, 4ML calmag plus per callon, 3 ML Silica blast per gallon. Lots and lots of runoff. Lets turned up to 75 percent.
(Day 16) Oct 4 - Nothing
(Day 17) Oct 5 - Nothing
(Day 18) Oct 6 - Nothing.
(Day 19) Oct 7 - 7G per gallon Maxibloom, 4ML per gallon Calmag Plus, 2.5 ML per gallon Silica Blast. PH 5.8
(Day 20) Oct 8 - Nothing
(Day 21) Oct 9 - Nothing

Week 4
(Day 22) Oct 10 - 7G per gallon Maxibloom, 4ML per gallon Calmag Plus, 3ML per gallon Silica blast, PH 5.87, 1000PPM 0.5 scale.
(Day 23) Oct 11 - Nothing
(Day 24) Oct 12 - Nothing
(Day 25) Oct 13 - Nothing
(Day 26) Oct 14 - 7G per gallon Maxibloom, 4ML per gallon Calmag Plus, 3ML per gallon Silica blast, PH 5.83, 950PPM 0.5 scale. Installed led
(Day 27) Oct 15 - Intalled the SCROG
(Day 28) Oct 16 - Nothing

Week 5
(Day 29) Oct 17 - Nothing - Tucked some branches.
(Day 29) Oct 18 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus per gallon - Tucking, defoliation
(Day 30) Oct 19 - Nothing
(Day 31) Oct 20 - Nothing
(Day 32) Oct 21 - Nothing
(Day 33) Oct 22 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus per gallon - Tucking, defoliation
(Day 34) Oct 23 - Tucking, defoliation

Week 6
(Day 35) Oct 24 - Final Tucking and defoliation.
(Day 36) Oct 25 - Tucking
(Day 37) Oct 26 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus per gallon - Tucking, defoliation
(Day 38) Oct 27 - Tucking, plucking fan leaves
(Day 39) Oct 28 - Small bit of tucking
(Day 40) Oct 29 - Nothing
(Day 41) Oct 30 - 7g per gallon Maxibloom, 3.5 Ml Silica blast per gallon, 4 ml Calmag PLus, 1ml Floralicious PLus per gallon. Fully lolipopped under the screen.

FLOWERING STAGE

(Day 1) Oct 31

--------------------------------------------------

I really appreciate everyone who has kept checking out the journal even during the boring veg stages of growth. Hopefully it begins to pick up here shortly.

Wasn't boring at all man :) This is just when it gets better :lot-o-toke:

Blue Dream crew right here!

I flipped them into flower as I said before. They are doing great. Gave them their first feeding with 1tsp per gallon of Koolbloom. I will be going up to 2tsp per gallon after the first week.

They have started their stretch. Still not too big yet, but are beginning to reach. I will post an update later in the week with lots of photos. When buds start to develop we will be getting many more updates.

I may be expanding things sometime in flower, adding additional tents, larger tents and so forth. We will see what happens!

I also plan on building a small green house but that is quite a bit away, but will house some monsters this spring.

Good luck with the green house and new tents man! Can't wait to see what you do!

Hey everyone. Just a small update today, as there isn't a lot happening with the plants. They are still stretching. As you can see in the photos when you look at the top left hand corner, my temperature meter is no longer visible. I would say they have stretched a good half foot in less than a week.

The Blue Dream on the right is shorter than the one on the left, and has less vigorous growth. Although it caught up in veg, in flower the Blue Dream on the left is really going into hyperdrive. They are both showing more sativa characteristics now, as opposed to flower where they looked straight Indica (the blueberry of the course).

Hopefully by this time next week I will begin to be able to sex them, and fingers crossed we have no hermie issues.

So far the LED has been fantastic, but we won't know completely until we all see the final results.

The first two lines of the SCROG (not seen here) are empty. I decided to just let the plants grow naturally instead of continuing to tuck them. I would have been able to fill it out if I were to tuck, but I find no need. I will probably not be scrogging in the future, not unless I plan to veg for 8-10 weeks. Which may or may not happen depending on my plans for a veg tent.

Here are three pictures of the plants from today. Once interesting stuff happens I will be posting up way more pictures, including the below structure of the plant. Right now it is the typical stretch!

foto_no_exif_1_11.jpg

foto_no_exif12.jpg

Lush, beautiful ladies. :goodjob:

Amazing! They look so healthy!

I'm curious to see the final results, a 300watt would fit my flowering closet reall nice! So far it is doing a great job! Congrats.

:bravo:

Update time!

Week 1 of flower has been fairly smooth so far. I am starting to regret using a SCROG, but it's a little too late to care now. If you plan to SCROG, make sure you veg for 8-10+ weeks or use more plants to fill out the space.

I generally don't like tucking and stress training once flower arrives, and try and finish with defoliation by the end of the second week. Once buds begin to form I like the plant to do it's thing, and not have much stress from outside sources. Nobody wants their plant to hermie.

The issue for me was due to the tent size, veg'ing the plants for that long was not practical. Especially considering they are from seed and not clone. I was not sure how the genetics or phenotypes would react, how the LED light would impact growth and so forth.

What this has left me with is one pheno (plant on the left), growing significantly taller then the one on the right. Since I have two plants, I don't have space to spread out the larger pheno. This has left both plants in a crammed position, and has left me with lots of fan leaves blocking node sites.

I suspected this may happen and it has. Not that big of a deal, but may impact yield slightly.

As I said above, my Blue Dream pheno on the left is simply not stretching as much as the one on the right. Size, as we all know, doesn't dictate quality. So I am hoping she may be more along the blueberry side of the cross, where as the pheno on the left is leaning more towards haze.

They still have another week or two of stretch (since they are a 9-10 week strain and not 8)So far I am not worried about height, but I am worried about how bushy they have become. Simply for light penetration (since my LED uses 3W diodes) and air movement.

I also decided to take off some budding sites that were not going to produce and do more lollipopping and defoliation. I want to make sure I have lots of air movement under the plan canopy. Since my outtake is at the top, and my intakes are both at the bottom, the air is pull up through the leaves and canopy area. I always make sure the tent has negative air pressure for this reason. It helps with removing any stagnant air.

My next grow, which will directly follow up this one is already begin to be planned in my mind. It appears instead of a SCROG I will just monster crop the hell out of a couple plants, and stressing them like crazy in veg. Perhaps an 8 week veg. I may go with Delicious Seeds Cotton Candy but I am still looking around.

I really appreciate everyone checking out the grow. Don't be alarmed at some of these photos. Some of the leaves look light in color because my camera is trying to compensate using image processing for all the pink/purple/red colors of the LED. I turned it off for some of the photos, you will be able to tell which those are lol. The leaves are actually perfectly dark green, not too dark and not light at all. Only damage to the leaves so far are from them pushing on each other while growing.

Here they are from a few different days.

a2QONqAam7oy.jpg

fyTuckCEMJ2s.jpg

kueu3TEGvCTh.jpg

rw2i6UnJ6gpI.jpg

xJo8MfeZMo4H.jpg

x0tsbbQhlhde.jpg

vT6UGGgR8ExA.jpg

llGV28hscowv.jpg

phoziADG-f7-.jpg

3CaxWLgnOlWw.jpg

59FnY7FSPi-t.jpg

KpZX76CsQYX.jpg

9arIRCoyX7JO.jpg

M7E923r1J_hc.jpg

VWitGrSy9veF.jpg

WPvAbAIxmmSn.jpg

1y26AxhsYWvg.jpg

-hOykxSjNIX8.jpg

foto_no_exif_1_11.jpg

foto_no_exif12.jpg

Amazing! They look so healthy!

I'm curious to see the final results, a P300 would fit my flowering closet reall nice! So far it is doing a great job! Congrats.

:bravo:

Thanks!

I am looking into getting a 450w and stepping my tent up, but I just don't have the money. I have a few people on another site interested to see how the 300w does as well.

Beautiful plants! Definitely going to hang around and see these grow! :goodjob:

Thanks a lot! I appreciate anyone hanging out to chill.

:bravo::goodjob:

Wow, great pics. They are really looking superb. Great touch with lights out, we can really see the green! lol

I feel ya, the LED seems awesome, the boys are rocking with them crazy around here! But I think it would be overkill for my space.

Looking forward for your next grow! Hmmm cotton candy sounds delicious!!!

I did a scrog once, a mohan ram auto with 200w cfl, it was my first grow, i had little space and light so it was really great to spread out the canopy.
At the moment I'm running a perpetual sog. 24 plants x 1 liter air-pots, soilless mix, 400 hps, diy cab 0,80m x 0,50m x 1,30m.

I'm loving it but I am always eager to experiment new things... When I have enough stash I'll have a go with just one or two bigger plants on ~20 liter air-pot chinese knock offs. Mainlining and suppercropping will be applied.

Maybe you could try mainlining on your next grow, maybe you already did it before. I'm really ansious to try it out.

:peace:

Wow, great pics. They are really looking superb. Great touch with lights out, we can really see the green! lol

I feel ya, the led seems awesome, the boys are rocking with them crazy around here! But I think it would be overkill for my space.

I did a scrog once, a mohan ram auto with 200w cfl, it was my first grow, i had little space and light so it was really great to spread out the canopy.
At the moment I'm running a perpetual sog. 24 plants x 1 liter air-pots, soilless mix, 400 hps, diy cab 0,80m x 0,50m x 1,30m.

I'm loving it but I am always eager to experiment new things... When I have enough stash I'll have a go with just one or two bigger plants on ~20 liter air-pot chinese knock offs. Mainlining and suppercropping will be applied.

Maybe you could try mainlining on your next grow, maybe you already did it before. I'm really ansious to try it out.

That sounds pretty awesome. I hope you start a journal so I can check everything out!

If I grow one large plant, which I might, I may just give mainlining a shot. My setup is a bit small to do it with more then one plant. That said I may just purchase a 4X4 tent, not to grow more, but to give the two plants I do grow more space.

I don't really want to get too crazy, because I only grow medicine for myself and one other person. I would love to have a massive garden, but in the end it is not worth it indoors for me. In the summer if I build a greenhouse, things will begin to get crazy though lol.

That sounds pretty awesome. I hope you start a journal so I can check everything out!

If I grow one large plant, which I might, I may just give mainlining a shot. My setup is a bit small to do it with more then one plant. That said I may just purchase a 4X4 tent, not to grow more, but to give the two plants I do grow more space.

I don't really want to get too crazy, because I only grow medicine for myself and one other person. I would love to have a massive garden, but in the end it is not worth it indoors for me. In the summer if I build a greenhouse, things will begin to get crazy though lol.

Hey DarkGreen,

Hope you are well. I might start a journal later on, I'll see... I'm kind of afraid to expose myself out there, paranoia is a bitch.

Maybe when I try 1 bigger plant grow I'll give it a go.

If you have the space to get a bigger tent than go for it. I'm stuck with really small diy cabs at the moment. When I move to a new house I'll convince the Mrs to get me a nice big tent for my birthday =) And maybe even a 450w LED, she would hate to receive those big HPS electrical bills. ah ah

Good luck with the greenhouse, that's is one of my fetishes too. A nice outdoor greenhouse... Oh the sun, free light all summer long! That would be amazing!

Here's one of the ladies I have going on at the moment, DP's Blueberry, 7 weeks into flower:

IMG_048431.JPG

IMG_049229.JPG

:Namaste:

I feel ya, the led seems awesome, the boys are rocking with them crazy around here! But I think it would be overkill for my space.

Having a smallish 36"W 20"D and 62" and the 300w I should have definitely gone with a 450. Just to make sure it covers the entire tent fully. And with its low heat I wouldnt have any issues.

My tent is listed at 2'7" x 2'7" but it's more like 3 X 3

I crammed two plants in 5 gallon hempy's into it. Which I should not have done. I should have gone with 1 plant, 8-10 weeks veg, and I would have yielded monsters stuff.

I am used to much larger grows, so still working out kinks now that I have moved into a much, much smaller space.

I think the 450 w would be perfect for this size tent as it would really saturate plants as they get larger and more bushy. The 300 is working fantastic so far though.

Hey DarkGreen,

Hope you are well. I might start a journal later on, I'll see... I'm kind of afraid to expose myself out there, paranoia is a bitch.

Maybe when I try 1 bigger plant grow I'll give it a go.

If you have the space to get a bigger tent than go for it. I'm stuck with really small diy cabs at the moment. When I move to a new house I'll convince the Mrs to get me a nice big tent for my birthday =) And maybe even a 450, she would hate to receive those big HPS electrical bills. ah ah

Good luck with the greenhouse, that's is one of my fetishes too. A nice outdoor greenhouse... Oh the sun, free light all summer long! That would be amazing!

Here's one of the ladies I have going on at the moment, DP's Blueberry, 7 weeks into flower:

That is looking great for being grown in a small DIY cab.

I used to grow in much larger spaces then this, but I wanted to save money and room compared to how much medicine I actually need. So I scaled back tremendously on my last two grows.

The max tent I would run in my house is 4' X 4'. If I get approved to grow for more patients then I currently serve, then I will be building the green house. I have a background in the trades, so I already have a design that can be used all year, and some good friends from various trades willing to help me make it happen.

It will be a fairly advanced green house, and use commercial quality products in it's construction. Including thermal glass, that has thermal properties for temperature management inside of the space, but allows light to penetrate to act as a green house. I would then use commercial electronic mylar backed, black out blinds. So when winter comes, I switch the blinds on, and can use the green house as a full indoor grow operation with LED/HID lighting. Supplemented by outside light during day time conditions.

It will have it's own rain water collection system, and the class will be heated so I can collect snow melt runoff.

We will see what happens though.

Having a smallish 36"W 20"D and 62" and the 300 I should have definitely gone with a 450. Just to make sure it covers the entire tent fully. And with its low heat I wouldnt have any issues.

Hey Guy,

Having a slightly smaller space such as 32"W x 20"D x 51"T would you still go with the 450?

My issue is the headroom, the light will be very close. Have you experienced any bleaching with the 300?

Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom