DarkGreenGoo's - HSO Blue Dream - Indoor - LED - Coco Hempy SCROG!

Re: DarkGreenGoo's - HSO Blue Dream - Indoor - LED - Coco Hempy SCROG!!

Well, it looks like the roots have reached or are close to the res. The plant has taken off quite a bit and is filling out. My light has shipped and should be here sometime this week. Which means hopefully we can get the SCROG in place by next weekend! and be in 12/12 by the weekend after that.

The tops you see in the photos from the 11, have not only opened up, but have grown taller, and a new set of leaves are already grown and about to open. I will top once more (four tops on each plant), then install the SCROG. They will grow into the scrog over the next 1.5 weeks and be ready for the flip once it's 50 percent full. Which shouldn't take long. Then, for the first two weeks of flower, I will continue to fill out the SCROG during the stretch.

I will be providing Daily photo updates in flower and a big photo update twice this week. Once on the next feeding and once with the new LED light installed and SCROG.

I have also been keeping a detailed feeding log, which I will post for Veg when VEG is over, then updated the OP when the grow is over with the entire grow and feeding so people are not forced to search the entire thread.

Hey DGG!

We just wanted to pop in and thank you for the journal support. We can't wait to see what comes of it.

This really is the most fun part of doing what we do.. which is watching all these beautiful things grow around us!

Thanks again!

*subbed*

The light is here. Waiting for some extra hands to arrive, we will then set up the light, put the scrog in place, and feed the plants. Pictures incoming sometime tonight.

Got the Light hung, unboxed, fed the plants with the same nutrients as last time (check my other post, or send me a PM).

The plants today look terrible. They looked terrible before taking out the old light, and only got worse for the 30 minutes without light. I trimmed off some droopy foliage at the bottom.

It is about 62 percent humidity in the tent, so I am guessing that is an issue. I am bringing it down now. We will see how everything looks tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed they bounce back under the new LED.

The light shipped quickly. It was packaged well. I see no LED's that don't work. Buttons feel great, casing feels fantastic and like overall well built product

I do have some cons. The light hangers are not adjustable, and the holes on the light itself don't fit typical adjusting hooks/mounts. So right now I don't have much adjusting options. I will have to figure it out with a trip to home depot tomorrow.

The carabiner's they came with immediately broke when I hung the light. So I had to take the wires off of them and hang them onto the ones I was using for my HID system. If the holes for the mounts that are on the light itself were larger, they would be perfect, as they are made of high quality metal. Sadly they are so small, not much can fit inside of them.

The light overall, is very well built so far. It does not product much heat, is not very loud, and gives off quite a bit of intense light. The air coming off the light is also cool. The only negative is the mounting options thus far.

Here are my ugly plants. I hope they bounce back. I am not liking hempy thus far. My grows in straight coco had no issues like this. Hempy isn't suppose to be very good until flower though, so we will see.

Experimenting is the only way to improve. It doesn't always go well!

foto_no_exif_3_2.jpg

foto_no_exif_2_1.jpg

No problems man. I have a couple ratchet type hangers. I ended up rigging them up this way.

foto_no_exif4.jpg

Which has solved my problems. I will pick up a couple more ratchet hangers in the future. It seems fairly secure this way. If they could slip through the hole on the light though, that would be perfect!. Perhaps it is just my hangers.

Well, good news. They seem to be loving the new light already. Less than 12 hours later, and they are beginning to perk right up again. Nothing else changed. The environment is exactly the same outside of the lights.

foto_no_exif_2_2.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!!

I actually woke up this morning thinking about this and wondering what kind of immediate change if any we would see in their "perk" level. Those are now some happy little girls you have there. Congrats!

:bravo:

No problems man. I have a couple ratchet type hangers. I ended up rigging them up this way.

Which has solved my problems. I will pick up a couple more ratchet hangers in the future. It seems fairly secure this way. If they could slip through the hole on the light though, that would be perfect!. Perhaps it is just my hangers.

I only had the one set of ratchets myself but what I did was took the 4 metal bands that came with the unit and took the ends off 2 and attached them on to the other 2 bands at opposite end, and then I was able to attack those to the light and strap my ratchets to those in the middle. Not only did it hold perfect but I can even tilt my light and it will stay without moving back to dead center.

Installed the SCROG net, and tucked what I could. The new light seems to be doing a good job so far. I feed again Saturday, and will hopefully be switching to 12/12 in a couple weeks, or when the screen is 50 percent full.

foto_no_exif_1_4.jpg

Looking good! Pulling up a chair if you don't mind. Happy growing!

Subbed. Catching up!

/Obi Wan
:Namaste:

I have had no more drooping issues under this LED. My temps which were around 80, now sit at 75. The air coming off the light in veg is cool, and the heat is more of a convection heat. Where the entire tent heats up, instead of under the light. Which seems to have lowered and regulated not only the temps, but the humidity. The humidity is sitting at 50 percent, which is perfect for Veg. The power draw is 300W lower in veg as well, and I have not seen the plants slow down. I am extremely pleased with the light thus far. Once I got the mounting issues sorted out, my only complaint is I wish the cord that came with it was 5 feet longer lol.

I tucked what I could, but the plants are growing very bushy. Which is strange as the HSO Blue Dream is a 50 X 50 mix Sativa and Indica. Seems these are way more on the Indica side. I cut off some lower fan leaves twice the size of my hand, and larger than my head.

The plants are already stinking, which is very rare, considering they are just past four weeks in veg. Normally my plants don't begin to stink badly until at least a week or two into Flower. I walked around my house with one of the fan leaves to toss it out, and by the time I was done my entire house stunk.

I am still feeding them 7G Maxibloom, 3 ML Silica blast and 4ML Calmag Plus. I am going to up Silica Blast to 5ML once they reach flower. I may also add some Liquid KoolBloom to the mix after the first couple weeks.

I am going to let them grow straight up for another week before tucking again, and hopefully switch to flower after that. My PPM's on a 0.5 scale are between 950 and 1000 right now. My PH is always set at 5.7 to 5.8 and I calibrate my meter EVERY SINGLE feeding.

I am going to go four days in between feeding, hoping to dry out the medium a bit and force the roots to stretch down into the res. I do not think they hit the res yet, and if it did, just a bit. I am slightly nervous about how much these will explode in flower, but with the LED light being so cool, i am not too worried if the tent gets very full.

Here are some photos as of Oct 17. If anyone has question please ask or send me a PM.

foto_no_exif_1_4.jpg

foto_no_exif_3_3.jpg

foto_no_exif6.jpg

foto_no_exif_6_.jpg

foto_no_exif_4_3.jpg

Here is the feeding journal so far.

SEED

Sept 18 - Planted germinated seeds, put in humidome, and coco/perlite mix solo cup with 100 PPM of Calmag plus @ 5.8 PH

VEGETATIVE STAGE

Week 1
(Day 1) Sept 19 - all sprouted (within 24 hours), BD 1 started slow but caught up by end of day, BD-S thinnest stem thus far, BD 2 first sprout.
(Day 2) Sept 20 - First true leaves started. BD1 and 2 on spame pace, a bit of stretch. BD3 main stem still thin. Fed again with 100 PPM calmag+ @ 5.8 PH, humidome off. Plants lifted about 12" from light to combat stretch, placed ontop of humidome.
(Day 3) Sept 21 - True leaves grew larger, BD3 still small and bent. Still stretching.
(Day 4) Sept 22 - Added more coco to each container. Made sure stems were straight. Fed at 100 PPM of Calmag + at a PH of 5.7 until significant runoff. Rotated BD 1 and BD 3. True leaves going larger. Temp was 79F during day, 74F during night.
(Day 5) Sept 23 - Nothing done, true leaves growing larger.
(Day 6) Sept 24 - 15 PPM of Silica blast, 125 PPM of Calmag +, PH 5.7. Fed until runoff.
(Day 7) Sept 25 - Nothing

Week 2
(Day 8) Sept 26 - 150 PPM combined Calmag and Silica Blast. 1 full ML of Calmag Plus. Everything looks healthy. BD3 still small.
(Day 9) Sept 27 - 600 PPM - 1ML Silica Blast, 2 ML Calmag, 1/4 TSP Maxibloom PH 5.78
(Day 10) Sept 28 - Nothing - fan off, light raised. Hopefully stops leaves from "tacoing"
(Day 11) Sept 29 - 1/4 tsp Maxibloom, 1.5 ML Silica Blast, 2ML Calimag.
(Day 12) Sept 30 - Nothing.
(Day 13) Oct 1 - Nothing
(Day 14) Oct 2 - Transplant into 5 gallon, 3 gallon water, PH 5.76 2ML Calmag 1.5 ML Silica Blast 1/2 TSP per gallon.

Week 3
(Day 15) Oct 3 - 4 gallons, 2 gallond each, PH 5.8, 7 gram maxibloom per gallon, 4ML calmag plus per callon, 3 ML Silica blast per gallon. Lots and lots of runoff. Lets turned up to 75 percent.
(Day 16) Oct 4 - Nothing
(Day 17) Oct 5 - Nothing
(Day 18) Oct 6 - Nothing.
(Day 19) Oct 7 - 7G per gallon Maxibloom, 4ML per gallon Calmag Plus, 2.5 ML per gallon Silica Blast. PH 5.8
(Day 20) Oct 8 - Nothing
(Day 21) Oct 9 - Nothing

Week 4
(Day 22) Oct 10 - 7G per gallon Maxibloom, 4ML per gallon Calmag Plus, 3ML per gallon Silica blast, PH 5.87, 1000PPM 0.5 scale.
(Day 23) Oct 11 - Nothing
(Day 24) Oct 12 - Nothing
(Day 25) Oct 13 - Nothing
(Day 26) Oct 14 - 7G per gallon Maxibloom, 4ML per gallon Calmag Plus, 3ML per gallon Silica blast, PH 5.83, 950PPM 0.5 scale. Installed LED300
(Day 27) Oct 15 - Intalled the SCROG
(Day 28) Oct 16 - Nothing

Week 5
(Day 29) Oct 17 - Nothing - Tucked some branches.

Beautiful!! Happy, happy girls! So incredible to see them perk right up like that with the new light.

For the record, can you elaborate on what your lighting was before the LED was installed? 400w MH if I read correctly?

It's just a huge contrast and compare to see such an instant response to a change in lighting like this and a huge reminder that there really is such a radical difference in grow lighting types. So, so important to choose the right one.

:cheer:

Beautiful!! Happy, happy girls! So incredible to see them perk right up like that with the new light.

For the record, can you elaborate on what your lighting was before the LED was installed? 400w MH if I read correctly?

It's just a huge contrast and compare to see such an instant response to a change in lighting like this and a huge reminder that there really is such a radical difference in grow lighting types. So, so important to choose the right one.

:cheer:

They were under a 400W MH for just over a week, 300 for a week, and 250 from the start up until week three. I have noticed quite a difference in how happy the plants are using this light so far. I won't say the speed in growing has been way different (way to early to tell, but I will be updating on that as well), but without a doubt they are much more happy. Temps are much more stable, and my bill will be a lot less as well lol.

DGG, My blue dream is going to be finishing up around day 66 or 67. Just a heads up if we have the same genetics :)

The ladies are looking so happy under that new LED dude, its awesome. I'm stoked for you. +1 man you're doing a great job!

DGG, My blue dream is going to be finishing up around day 66 or 67. Just a heads up if we have the same genetics :)

The ladies are looking so happy under that new LED dude, its awesome. I'm stoked for you. +1 man you're doing a great job!

Awesome. I plan to flip these next Saturday. If mine go as long as yours, it sounds like a New years Eve harvest.

Back
Top Bottom