Jamaican Dreams

Sue, your plants look a lot like mine in structure. Long internodes and just a lanky plant in general. If it is like mine, it will stretch but she fills in pretty damn well and makes good size dense buds. My Jamaican 1 hit 2.39% on the terps with .9 Caryophllene and .9 Myrcene. It's not an overpowering buzz but is very unique and functional.

I pulled out the bonsai wire and made her conform to something I can work with in my limited spaces.

Before:

IMG_168336.JPG

IMG_168441.JPG

After: She looks a bit rough, but she's resilient. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_168441.JPG
IMG_168729.JPG

IMG_168823.JPG

Now she can fill in the center with new growth. The wire allows me to move her branches to where they work for me. I'll be ready to flip her in a couple weeks, as soon as the Carnival in the closet comes down, or if someone in the finish tent comes down before then.

I'd like to find myself with a free tent to grow one out as is. It's such an exotic chemovar, and I'm sure she'd be gorgeous, given the space and light. She'd take the entire tent, so that's a stretch for me. Once I have adequate inventory and a break in the schedule I'll start another seed. I have no idea how this one will end up. I've manipulated her to extremes.

My Jamaican girl is just too lanky for my liking, I don't feel like dealing with it. In talks with someone to take it and hopefully they can make it work.

Ok Jamaican 2 is jarred. It gave me 6.25 oz flipping from a 1 gallon to a 10 and pulling the trigger. They are lanky in veg but if you top it right when you flip it, it will control the stretch. Those long internodes seem to fill in with bud. My J2 is my favorite so far, it doesn't make me sleepy like 1 can. 1 is very trippy though so I guess it's a mood thing on which one I smoke. Both are good enough to run again. I wouldn't give up on it Brix, just think of it as having great light penetration.

Ok Jamaican 2 is jarred. It gave me 6.25 oz flipping from a 1 gallon to a 10 and pulling the trigger. They are lanky in veg but if you top it right when you flip it, it will control the stretch. Those long internodes seem to fill in with bud. My J2 is my favorite so far, it doesn't make me sleepy like 1 can. 1 is very trippy though so I guess it's a mood thing on which one I smoke. Both are good enough to run again. I wouldn't give up on it Brix, just think of it as having great light penetration.

The Jamaican girl went to her new home today. It's with a newbie grower and if successful, this will their first ever harvest. Moving outside, so it will be interesting to watch this one progress if she doesn't meet an untimely death due to animals or people.

I used bonsai wire and aggressive topping to control mine, and by God, it worked. Here she is this morning, two days from flip. :yahoo:

IMG_257925.JPG

IMG_258034.JPG

This is why we grow with the kit, isn't it? :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_258123.JPG

I'm hoping she's female. :laughtwo: I'll be watching closely.

Ive finally got some space to pop my Jamaican baby - I can finally be involved ..

Alright!!! :high-five: looking forward to the excited updates. :battingeyelashes:

The Jamaican girl went to her new home today. It's with a newbie grower and if successful, this will their first ever harvest. Moving outside, so it will be interesting to watch this one progress if she doesn't meet an untimely death due to animals or people.

I hope you can get pictures. This is a chemovar meant to be growing outdoors or in a room to herself, something I'm considering when the girls in the bathroom come down. I could devote the entire space to one Jamaican. Hmmmm...... hadn't considered that really until just now.

Not a bad idea that. I'll take a clone at day 15 and toss her under the quantum boards to start. Another adventure ahead. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

hello, Folks! Sue invited me to this journal, as she gifted me a number of seeds, including the AK47 X Durban Poison. One seed turned out to be a female, and she matured between 63 days and 68, when I harvested her. Below Is a copy of my post on harvest Day. BTW, I have been trimming her buds for several hours, and still have two more branches full.

I've decided to harvest the AK47 x Durban Poison today, as well. She is at day 68, 5 days past the breeder's date of her latest ancestor.

She was held up by the walls of the flower unit and cannot stand up on her own. As you can see, she is covered with full buds, plus a few seeds here and there (which I will save and grow out).

AK47xDP.JPG

And a closeup of an 8" cola.

AK47xDP_closeup.JPG

I think this is bigger than the Autoberry I grew last year. I'm going to have to weigh the buds in batches to get a wet weight.

We'll see how the trim-out goes. I may try to reveg her for clones.

She got pollinated by a couple of male White castles, which have about half of the same ancestry as the lady, plus a couple more land races. So the offspring will be .... interesting...... I did the math and they will average 50/50 THC/CBD. or 1:1, since I tend to mix my trim, leaves, and mini-buds for capsules, edibles, and cooking herbs.

I tried to gather pollen from the AK47 x Durban Poison males with no success. I trimmed them down to one branch, which I positioned over a plate, but they withered before their pods matured.

Sue: TY for the invite!

The buds are quite dense and sticky, and finding the seeds is not easy, as they are buried deep among the full calyxes. I might have her trimmed out in another 3 or 4 hours, as I'm picking seeds as I go, and choosing what part of the mother I'm going to save for revegging. She is too far grown out to take clones, I'm afraid.

We'll see if she is strong enough to reveg without a whole lot of leaves.

BTW, my fingers smell very much like an exotic incense. Totally different than anything I have grown before. :)

hello, Folks! Sue invited me to this journal, as she gifted me a number of seeds, including the AK47 X Durban Poison. One seed turned out to be a female, and she matured between 63 days and 68, when I harvested her. Below Is a copy of my post on harvest Day. BTW, I have been trimming her buds for several hours, and still have two more branches full.

I've decided to harvest the AK47 x Durban Poison today, as well. She is at day 68, 5 days past the breeder's date of her latest ancestor.

She was held up by the walls of the flower unit and cannot stand up on her own. As you can see, she is covered with full buds, plus a few seeds here and there (which I will save and grow out).

AK47xDP.JPG

And a closeup of an 8" cola.

AK47xDP_closeup.JPG

I think this is bigger than the Autoberry I grew last year. I'm going to have to weigh the buds in batches to get a wet weight.

We'll see how the trim-out goes. I may try to reveg her for clones.

She got pollinated by a couple of male White castles, which have about half of the same ancestry as the lady, plus a couple more land races. So the offspring will be .... interesting...... I did the math and they will average 50/50 THC/CBD. or 1:1, since I tend to mix my trim, leaves, and mini-buds for capsules, edibles, and cooking herbs.

I tried to gather pollen from the AK47 x Durban Poison males with no success. I trimmed them down to one branch, which I positioned over a plate, but they withered before their pods matured.

Sue: TY for the invite!

The buds are quite dense and sticky, and finding the seeds is not easy, as they are buried deep among the full calyxes. I might have her trimmed out in another 3 or 4 hours, as I'm picking seeds as I go, and choosing what part of the mother I'm going to save for revegging. She is too far grown out to take clones, I'm afraid.

We'll see if she is strong enough to reveg without a whole lot of leaves.

BTW, my fingers smell very much like an exotic incense. Totally different than anything I have grown before. :)

Your description reminds me of the island, sitting around the picnic table, digging the seeds out of the branch the guys had purchased from the friendly cab driver. The very same seeds I'm growing now. You had me back there with the smells and the sounds of Jamaica. :dreamy:

Thanks for posting here. How exciting that some of the seeds I picked up in Jamaica got harvested in Alaska. :laughtwo:

Your description reminds me of the island, sitting around the picnic table, digging the seeds out of the branch the guys had purchased from the friendly cab driver. The very same seeds I'm growing now. You had me back there with the smells and the sounds of Jamaica. :dreamy:

Thanks for posting here. How exciting that some of the seeds I picked up in Jamaica got harvested in Alaska. :laughtwo:

Not only that, but the offspring will have all the landraces as either a parent (DP) or a grandparent. ( I made up a chart)

Nice, soothing terpenes! I think there is a slight chance that one of the male AK47XDP's MIGHT have pollinated the female, but I don't remember having them in the same unit.

I was mistaken about my calculation of THC/CBD. That was my calculation for percentage of Sativa/Indica. Old mind, lots info to keep straight in my mind.

I'll have to do more research to see what the seeds will average chemically. Since none of the ancestors were high in CBD, I wont see an improvement in this hybrid.

I got 139g and change, wet off the AK47 X Durban Poison. If I lose 75% of it to evaporation, I should end up with 34g dry from one plant. That is a record for me!

Well done! :high-five:

My daughter tells me she can smell the drying buds outside on my porch! I've gone nose-blind to the odors, so hardly even notice them anymore, except when they express a different terpene.

This sounds so much like me it made me laugh right out loud. :laughtwo: My daughter tells me regularly how the apartment smells like a cannabis garden, but I don't smell it much at all until late at night when the ones blooming out in the open without filtration begin to really stink. LOL!

Finally popped my little Jamaican .very distinctive looking to the rest of the plants in my garden of Eden.
420-magazine-mobile1662947326.jpg

Sweet Johnny. :high-five:

Mine is in bloom now, about two weeks. Time to take a cutting and hang onto the genetics until I get a taste of the mother.

IMG_340813.JPG

IMG_341115.JPG

IMG_341213.JPG

IMG_341416.JPG

IMG_341511.JPG

She gets her first CAT drench tomorrow. :slide: I plant to grow the clone in the spa space so she has room to go horizontal with the branches the way she's evolved to do. I had to wire her all up to get that to fit into my constricted spaces. I can't wait to see one in all its glory.

I think im gonna let her go natural - may possibly top her once. To be fair it will be great to see a plant just take its own course as so far ive trained every time!

Yours looks great! I hope i have some luck and get a female too, i only bought 1 seed back as a souvenir .

I'll be sending positive energy and anticipation of female expression Johnny. :hug:

I had my baby out for some pictures today. :battingeyelashes:

Day 105, 29 days from flip. She smells fruitier by the day. Started out as fresh-cut mango, and now it's like tropical fruit salad. :laughtwo:

IMG_456211.JPG

She's had both CATs, and is due for her next Energy drench in a couple days. She's taking close to 1 ml of drench per gallon of soil and showing no signs of stress.

IMG_456313.JPG

IMG_45648.JPG

IMG_456512.JPG

IMG_45687.JPG

You can see how constricted the branches had to be to fit her in.

IMG_456910.JPG

IMG_457012.JPG

I'll be potting up the clone tomorrow, in soil. I want to grow this one out as naturally as possible, maybe just a single topping when she gets around 14" high, the way Graytail trained me. That girl will end up with the bathroom as her own playground. It's gonna take that much space to let her go natural.

Man Sue, that's one good looking Jamaican! Made me realize that I haven't grown out any Jamaicans yet. All been culled for one reason or another. I think I am going to pop like 4 or so soon and pheno hunt.

You inspire me with your gorgeous plants, Sue! :circle-of-love: I just might use that spare 2' x 4' closet for one of the mothers.

Does CBD Yummy like going horizontal? If so, I should start their training this week, while they are supple enough.

If Yummy prefers to grow up, I'll take one of my AK 48 clones, which tend to lean over anyway, and let her spread her wings.

Back
Top Bottom