JD's first indoor/hydro grow '09

jd2005_17

:welcome:
Hello all, long time visitor first time poster. This will be only my second grow. The first was really just a practice grow outdoors, didnt really know what i was doing but i sure did learn alot along the way.

This time around I will be doing a hydro grow with homemade DWC buckets. I purchased everything I needed to get started and the day has finally come.

The seeds im using are from some good nugs a friend had. I have germinated six seeds and have planted them in temporary plastic containers.

Everything in my setup was purchased seperately from ebay or other sources.
I Have:
a 2'x4'x5' grow tent
400watt HPS/MH with a six inch air cooled reflector
6" can fan for the reflector
small fan for air circulation

Im waiting to see how the temperature rises to add any more intake/exhaust fans.

Ill be posting pictures later today or tomorrow.

Here are some pics of the setup, the babies and the nutes.
overlay-round.gif

overlay-round.gif

overlay-round.gif

overlay-round.gif

overlay-round.gif

Set up sounds legit! Click that link that fly sent you and upload the pics through the site so we can help you out. Fly can give you some great hydro support.

Thanks flyfishin, I had a feeling I did soomething wrong.
here ya go.

the nutes
DSC08300.JPG

the setup
DSC08297.JPG

DSC082981.JPG

the babies(not quite above ground just yet)
DSC082991.JPG

nice setup JD! may i ask which brand grow tent you are using? and what your opinion of it is, any light leaks or low quality parts?

Im not sure of the brand but it was one of the cheaper tents on ebay. It does leak light from the zippers a lil, and it has a strong plastic odor but hopefully it wont be toxic to my plants. only time will tell

That looks like my old tent from HTG, but my zippers didn't start leaking until some use. The seams were starting to pull out. Luckly it was inside a closet. Yes, you can use the big Bloom and the grow big at the same time. Hope you are not thinking of nuteing them yet, they are way to young. Give them a few weeks unless they ask for it. Good luck to ya... :peace:

Irie- Thanks for clearing that up for me, and no im not giving them any nutes until they're ready.

Well as of yesterday they popped their little heads above ground. I fired up the MH in the tent but the temps rose to 92f even with the front open, so the babies are currently inthe garage under two 23watt cfl's until the other fans i had to order arrive.

Pics
DSC08301.JPG

DSC08302.JPG

DSC08303.JPG

Stizzle- Ya I plan to transfer them into bigger pots in a day or two so I figured they would be ok.

I'll post pics again after I transplant:peace:.

So I transplanted the three healthiest into their permanent pots, now its time to wait until I can take clones and see which are females.

Some pics.

Group shot
DSC08304.JPG

close ups
DSC08305.JPG

DSC08306.JPG

This one came from different seed
DSC08307.JPG

Thanks Pan4.

Update:

Im always hearing stories about so many people having bad experiences with Miracle Grow products, and noone seems to promote using them. So Ive decided to start a little experiment.

The three plants that were transplanted first are in MG potting mix. The three that were transplanted last are in a potting soil from Wal-Mart called Hyponex which has no nutrients. We'll see if the MG lives up to its rep.

Now for pics:
Its day five for the, hopefully, ladies.

The three in MG soil
DSC08314.JPG

DSC08315.JPG

DSC08316.JPG

The three in Hyponex
DSC08311.JPG

DSC08312.JPG

DSC08313.JPG

Group shot. Top-MG Bottom-HX
day_cinco.JPG

Thats all for now, let me know what you think. :peace:

Update:
Well its day 7 for the babies, the second set of leaves is coming in nicely on all of them. They are all about 2" tall now and there isnt any noticeable difference between the two soils yet.

I dont think ive told you my new plan for this grow. Im going to be flowering all six plants when they reach about 6-8" in height. Once they reach the third or fourth week of flowering im going to take about ten clones for the hydro setup.

So my first harvest will be what's left of the Mothers, and my second will be the hydro grow.

As far as the setup is concerned, I have finally put the plants in the tent full time. The temps are the only thing that concern me. Right now it stays between 82-86f with all fans running. Other than that everything is going great, Ill post pics with the next update.

Let me know if you see any flaws in my plan. :peace: out

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom