First Grow Purple Kush Hydro Drip Fed 2017

growgreen755

Original plan was to set up a quick sog grow with 10 plants and veg for a short time. Im moving in about a month so i came to the realization it would be way to hard to move that many plants a 40 minute drive away. My new intent is to just do 3 plants, then pull 7 clones then veg everything together at the new place.

I had a rough start, stunted one plant due to either too much water or over nute. I know people say not to nute during seedling stage but i added a teeny tiny amount and lost the gamble to that or too much water. That plant is in coco, still alive but stunted. I then started two seeds in rockwool, they popped but i lost one, and stunted another due to under watering cause i was afraid i may have over watered my first one in coco..... So then i did my last one in rockwool and its growing the fastest, so evidently i learned something from my shenanigans.

My first one was going to be a chest grow cause i figured it would be easy to move, but then i figured it wouldn't be that hard to move three plants lol. With my plans destroyed, i was wondering if i can move that first plant from coco into the clay pebble drip systems the other two plants are going into? Right now everything is sitting in a grow dome under my 400 watt hps which i believe is the wrong color for young plants.

I have 12- 2 gallon hydro pots (original sog grow idea)

2 light reflectors

1 400 watt hps bulb and ballast

other light bulb and ballast not bought so optional (prob go with higher watt)

large tote for resevoir

air pump/hosing

water pump and hosing

drippers

2 articulating fans

fox farm nutes

ph down and chlorine stabilizer

Experimental grow box 2x2x1 (chest) with 9200 lumens of cfls, intake and outtake fan on a thermostat.

will be posting pics with descriptions as soon as my phone charges back up. Looking forward to getting these plants to the next stage in my hydro system.

Pictures of experimental grow chest and small grow closet withh 400 watt hps sodium

20170208_223227_1_.jpg
20170208_223526_1_.jpg

The one in the coco popped out of the soil 1/21/17 stunted either by nutes or over watering, i lost the two first "adult?" leafs. They turned yellow and brown and dried out so i cut them off. Was wondering if this plant was in need of nutes now? cause there is one black spot on one of the new leafs, with a total of six new leafs. The next plant in the rock wool to the right popped out around 2/2/17 with a sister plant. I under watered those two , lost one and the one in the picture i believe is stunted... The third and last one on the right popped around 2/5/17 and seems to be doing the best with better height and larger leaves. I used the grow dome for this one. With the first two i used my experimental box which i believe is too dry with fans running. Has been a learning experience.

20170208_223256_1_.jpg

I love me some purple kush. I'll be growing that one day . I'm learning but I'm going to follow this.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So this is my first pk i put in coco which i believe i over watered or nute poisoned... I pruned off those first two leaves after they got nice and crispy... Notice the small black spot on the latest picture? Is that a sign it actually needs nutes now and not strait water?

20170204_090333_1_.jpg
20170208_231439_1_.jpg

Is it an auto flower or regular seed

So this is my first pk i put in coco which i believe i over watered or nute poisoned... I pruned off those first two leaves after they got nice and crispy... Notice the small black spot on the latest picture? Is that a sign it actually needs nutes now and not strait water?

20170204_090333_1_.jpg
20170208_231439_1_.jpg
Do you have a moisture reader ? And when you watered it how much? Often? What was ph in water?

I dont have a moisture reader, the ph was under 6.0 (ive been using my aquarium ph test kit) At first i had it in a one gallon pot and i watered it like a transplant lol. Think i got over excited and ahead of myself. Then once i realized that was too much water ive transplanted it into a smaller container and have been watering around the canopy only every 1-2 days, ive been trying to let it dry out. When i move the coco with my finger the soil below the top layer is darker so i assume its still wet. With the rockwool ive been dipping them when i can touch my palm and not leave water residue on my hands. I asked the guy at the local grow shop about a moisture meter and he said to just see how heavy the container is... I dont care for this method.

all feminized regular seeds.
So what did you give it for ph water? And what nutes did you start with? Should only be 1/4 dose veg nute if that. But only root booster.should be added from seed no? I heard someone say before if it ain't broke why fix it? No nutes should be given until a plant shows you signs? Idk I'm learning myself to be frank the Lord grow so I can't talk. But best advice I can give ya for now hopefully some sees this more expierence to help you better. Sorry. I hope they get saved.

i assume ph was around 5.5, probably need to get a plant ph tester. I used a fraction of recommended fox farm nutes, consisting of both grow big and tiger bloom. Im Sure they are on the way to recovery, the first two are just growing dramatically slower.. Know you said your learning too, but any advice at this point is helpful, thanks.

i assume ph was around 5.5, probably need to get a plant ph tester. I used a fraction of recommended fox farm nutes, consisting of both grow big and tiger bloom. Im Sure they are on the way to recovery, the first two are just growing dramatically slower.. Know you said your learning too, but any advice at this point is helpful, thanks.
Tiger bloom and grow big I'm pretty sure shouldn't be added to water mix until bud stage. or around preflower. You should be only giving it 1/4 dose of vegetables nutes? I could be wrong.

Tiger bloom and grow big I'm pretty sure shouldn't be added to water mix until bud stage. or around preflower. You should be only giving it 1/4 dose of vegetables nutes? I could be wrong.

For regular feminized seeds . Autos no nutes until flower stages.

Btw 5.5 is okay I heard 5.8 but that could be just for autos.

since my unknown incident i have not used any nutes, i think grow big is a vegging nute though. I used those two according to directions either from a forum or the nute information. I knew i had to use a fraction, which i did but it still appeared to be too much.

since my unknown incident i have not used any nutes, i think grow big is a vegging nute though. I used those two according to directions either from a forum or the nute information. I knew i had to use a fraction, which i did but it still appeared to be too much.
Ya back off maybe a little flush might help ... idk

Im not sure but it shouldnt be having nute probs from this stage...but Im nut sure whats the problem.I speaking for the nutes couse I just throw some regular unknown seed in pots with other plants and thay just grow no problem till a certan stage.

..."Whoever sad best things in life are free...obviosly grew their own bud."...

Anyone know if i should try tossing the tiny plant with 6 leaves any nutrients?
I'd flush with some water.

420-magazine-mobile1106996964.jpg
420-magazine-mobile5988961.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1795365403.jpg

These are the seeds that I just throw outside to experiment with the temperatures to see which are best for colder climates couse outside in the day now is 16-17 and little more than 10 at night,natural sunlight,no nutes plus the bigger one was broken on her 4th day and still made it now is 2 weeks old and the small one has 2 days.Im just showing you how resistent thay are but in the same time you can overkill them with nutes,water etc ...

..."Whoever sad best things in life are free...obviosly grew their own bud."...

Back
Top Bottom