First Grow Journal - Crown Royal

I mist my plants when i can but I don't think that regulating humidity is as important as some think. In nature it is constantly changing, plants just adapt to it as needed. Peace!!

I rarely if ever spray them with water, although every 3 days i do spray with mighty wash.
I realize mother nature has much randomness but we are creating ideal situations in order to maximize quality and yield, at least trying to so if its better dry then i would keep it dryer if you were in a wet area or vice versa as long as its within 40-60ish and steady you should be fine i think

here is my 2 day picture update the trichs are really starting to get dense, i am in amazement at my first successful grow, every time i open the tent i get a giant boner
Crown royal
11-23--cr2.jpg

11-23--cr1.jpg

11-23-cr-2.jpg

Wonderwoman 1
11-23-ww1.jpg

Wonderwoman 2
11-23-ww2.jpg

Hindu kush
11-23-hk-buds.jpg
11-23-hk-2.jpg
11-23-hk-closeup1.jpg
11-23-hk-cola.jpg
11-23-hk-micro.jpg

Can i cut off the stems that are "ripe" and leave the others to ripen? For example the image above is one of the side shoot buds, and there are alot of side shoot buds of similar size and larger, but the cola might not be ripe.

I'm not experienced enough to know for sure, but I don't see why you can't take the buds on the outside that seem done. I don't know how much more the main cola will continue to ripen once branches start getting cut off. On my last plant I 'sampled' a couple of the outer buds that were looking well developed. Didn't really hurt anything. I say go for it :thumb:

Good afternoon G00ch,
As to the RH question, the only concern I have is powdery mildew and bud rot. This far into the grow I can deal with spider mites but do not care to do battle with either PM or BR. I know that the higher the RH the less spider mites like , but it creates an environment that PM and BR prefer, where as a lower PH spider mites love, but PM andBR don't.
As far as can you harvest just some of the plant and leave the rest to ripen further hell yes you can. I did it on my outside grow with no ill effect what so ever other then I had to keep them separated in the dry, to make it easier to track the days drying. I hang mine on a string so I just put a piece of masking tape at the end with the date so I know what day I started that section drying on.

I totally get how you feel when you look into the tent each morning, I am going through the same with my grow as well.:high-five:
FYI your grow looks fantastic.:love:

OG if you get the brix up in your plants, PM or BR, mildew cannot penetrate the pectin and die off, also makes the insects not see it as a food source

Can i cut off the stems that are "ripe" and leave the others to ripen? For example the image above is one of the side shoot buds, and there are alot of side shoot buds of similar size and larger, but the cola might not be ripe.

Yes you can that is how I have harvested every time the tops first and about a week or 2 later the bottom

o ok so you can just take the individual flowers even? i was thinking of taking each branch from the main trunk, in order to let it dry properly

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Friends in the USA hope you have a great day and eat a shit ton of food and win some money gambling on your favorite teams

2 day picture update,
Wonder woman 1
11-26-ww1.jpg

Wonderwoman 2
11-26-ww2.jpg

11-26-ww2.jpg

Crown royal starting to put on weight now that its under a light
11-26-cr.jpg

11-26-cr-closeup1.jpg

hindu kush
11-26-hk.jpg

11-26-hk-cola.jpg
11-26-hk-close.jpg
11-26-hk-bud.jpg

this is my first time in hydro, i tried back in june with dirt killed her in aug, and 20 something years ago i grew one time and it was amazing thats my resume. I have killed more plants then i have finished

o ok so you can just take the individual flowers even? i was thinking of taking each branch from the main trunk, in order to let it dry properly

Yes just take the ones ready think of it like a tomato plant you don't cut the plant when one tomato is ready. You only take the one that's ready. And happy Thanksgiving to you to

since i am coming down the home stretch it seems entering week 7, I am wondering how long i feed them before cutting them off to just water and or cutting them off everything. I think i want to try and not really flush maybe the last 2 days or something ill give them just water I dont know, or 4 days out ill give them 2 days water 2 days nothing?

Back
Top Bottom