First Time Grower's Journal

RandumbDude

Greetings fellow 420'ers,

This is my first grow, after lots of research I am ready to take a stab so if you see me doing something wrong or have any tips and advice they are Mucho welcome, I am using a 10 gallon DWC with 125 watt, 6500 k cool spectrum CFL in a 24in x 40in closet

I germinated two Dutch Amnesia seeds in rockwool using a $5 Tupperware. I placed them into my DWC and after a few days and I started feeding them light nutes (foxfarm 1tsp per gallon) after they took root. I plan on letting these two babies veg for a while till I can take some clippings off of them and then I will pick one to keep as a mother.

For flowering I am going to use a 4x4 grow tent which I am still gathering parts for, but I plan on using a 1k watt hps,

Day 1 - sprouting
image16518.jpg

10 gallon tub with 6 gallons of water
image16517.jpg

day 5 - Taking root
image16519.jpg

Day 8 having PH fluctuation problems (having to adjust daily) but the babies are looking good and the roots are getting long.

image16620.jpg

Subscribed.

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Like it, will be watching. This (hydro) is my next area to try. Good luck!!

:volcano-smiley:

Day 13

Plant 1 looks really good. Leaves are big but plant 2 doesn't look as good. Can anyone tell me if plant 2 is normal? Any advice? Ph is still fluctuating by up to 1 point per day, I have to check it twice a day and adjust. Just upped feed to 2 tsp per gallon today.

Plant 1

image16723.jpg

Plant 2
image16724.jpg

The leaf damage on your plant #2 appears to be from pH fluctuation. Is the pH rising or dropping? Do you have a ppm meter to determine if the nutrient strength is increasing or decreasing? When your pH lowers and your ppm rise your plants are drinking more water then nutrients and your nutrient strength should be slightly reduced. When you pH rises and your ppm drops your plants are drinking more nutrients then water and your nutrient strength can be slightly increased.

The leaf damage on your plant #2 appears to be from pH fluctuation. Is the pH rising or dropping? Do you have a ppm meter to determine if the nutrient strength is increasing or decreasing? When your pH lowers and your ppm rise your plants are drinking more water then nutrients and your nutrient strength should be slightly reduced. When you pH rises and your ppm drops your plants are drinking more nutrients then water and your nutrient strength can be slightly increased.

Thanks KingJohnC,

The ph is rising daily but the ppm has been pretty steady. My ppm is approx 500 at the moment, I've been increasing the nutes gradually week by week.

I use the Add Back method of topping up the reservoir with pH adjusted water as the plant uses water to counterbalance pH fluctuations and adjust the pH of the reservoir as needed. When using the Add Back method of replenishing the water the plants have used I have found that it maintains pH better then not adding pH adjusted water, replenishing the volume of water and allowing the ppm to decrease naturally as the plants use nutrients.

I use the Add Back method of topping up the reservoir with pH adjusted water as the plant uses water to counterbalance pH fluctuations and adjust the pH of the reservoir as needed. When using the Add Back method of replenishing the water the plants have used I have found that it maintains pH better then not adding pH adjusted water, replenishing the volume of water and allowing the ppm to decrease naturally as the plants use nutrients.

KingJohnC,

Thanks for the info, I'm still a noob at this. If you can pls detail better on this "add back" method it would be much appreciated. If I'm adding water in am I removing water? What should I ph the added water to? My ph is fluctuating (rising) up to 1 pt per day. Plants are growing fast now even the little one. I'm scared all this ph jumping will shock them, I'll post an updated pic tomorrow of their progress.

Day 16 The big baby is growing fast, even the little one's leaves are starting to straighten out. How long do you think before I can start cloning these guys?

Plant 1

image16833.jpg

Plant 2
image16834.jpg

KingJohnC,

Thanks for the info, I'm still a noob at this. If you can pls detail better on this "add back" method it would be much appreciated. If I'm adding water in am I removing water? What should I ph the added water to? My ph is fluctuating (rising) up to 1 pt per day. Plants are growing fast now even the little one. I'm scared all this ph jumping will shock them, I'll post an updated pic tomorrow of their progress.

The Add Back method adds pH adjusted water back into the reservoir to help balance against pH fluctuations and high ppm nutrient strengths as the plants consume water. For Aeroponic/Hydroponics you want pH 5.8.

Thanks for your help

You are welcome! I am glad I could help you!

Back
Top Bottom