First Grow Journal - Crown Royal

Forget the resume, that sh*its looking amazing, and hydro first timer you definitely know where your headed. Props
Thanks man i really appreciate it, but i really owe it all to Harley Smith and Raw Nutrients, that is where it all came from if you look at the before and after from before i knew about RAW and then 2 weeks after its amazing and a true telling of where this and all my future grows will give their accolades

yea she is a very fruity smelling, and the buds are crazy dense, like i cant even squeeze them, and the stank on the fingers after o my word i wish my whole basement smelled like that 24/7 ;-)

ok off topic real quick, i am going to flower my mother next cycle but i need to top her, problem is her stem is 1/2-3/4" thick is this a bad thing to do i cannot fit her in my tent. I would also like to use the top as a clone is that even possible?
11-27-mother-stem.jpg

Didn't get many opinions on my mother topping issue so i let google do the talking and it says its not recommended so i will just keep pulling clones till there are no clones to pull. I am testing a technique that is supposed to back build buds we will see what happens with that and if its successful i will do it to the rest of the buds, I am also dialing back the temps at night into the mid 60's in an effort to coax out some perty colors

since i am coming down the home stretch it seems entering week 7, I am wondering how long i feed them before cutting them off to just water and or cutting them off everything. I think i want to try and not really flush maybe the last 2 days or something ill give them just water I dont know, or 4 days out ill give them 2 days water 2 days nothing?
I would be asking Rifleman or one of the other hydro guys, you would really be kicking yourself if you got this far and then ended up with weed that tasted like hay because you did not finish it up right. I know how I am finishing mine, but I am a dirt digger not a hydro guy.

I would be asking Rifleman or one of the other hydro guys, you would really be kicking yourself if you got this far and then ended up with weed that tasted like hay because you did not finish it up right. I know how I am finishing mine, but I am a dirt digger not a hydro guy.
I did post in the hydro section also i believe , but i think my course of action is going to be unique because most are not using ebb and flow, and DWC i can see maybe flushing because it is always submerged, But i water 4 times a day for 30 mins, I was using half strength nutes, currently full strength i think the last 10 days ill cut it to 50% then the last 5 ill cut it to 25% then the last day will be water and then 24 hours of darkness and then i will pull them. But this may all change between now and then this is just my first thought

How high do you let the ec get in full flower? I am hanging around 2.8 which around 1400ppm but the bottle says to add 3tsp/gal at 30 gallons that would be 90tsp i added 1/2 that and got to 2.8 so i assume if i added the whole 90 i would be at somewhere way off the scale? So what am i missing?

here is my 2 day picture update, did a res change on friday added kelp, amino acids, and folic acid, I did not add potassium I will once the plants start eating.
wonder woman1
11-29-ww1-cola.jpg

11-29-ww-cola-distance.jpg

wonderwoman 2
11-29-ww2.jpg

11-29-ww2-cola.jpg

Crown Royal
11-29-cr-closeup.jpg

11-29-cr.jpg

11-29-cr-cola.jpg

Hindu kush
11-29-hk-bud-snipped.jpg

11-29-hk-cola.jpg

11-29hkbud-closeup.jpg

11-29-hkcola-distance.jpg

11-29-hk-cola-2.jpg

11-29-hk-budsites.jpg

Well i am now trying to keep the temp in the 70's during the day its currently 77 and in the 60's at night and apparently this stimulates more trichs i was going for color but ill take a sugar coating all day also

ok so just my take..... a noob take but been through a few now at least. Flush in DWC for a min 3 days... RWDC i don't believe you need to maybe last day but a few days I would personally do it. 24 hours of darkness i believe to be not needed but... It needs several hours of darkness and cut during darkness.. This lets the plant drop its liquid as it normally does in dark. Less flushing needed as it will drop nutes and stuff with the liquid. Thus the need for darkness to let it sorta self flush... More could indeed be better but I feel just a few hours is sufficient.

I usually do a full week in DWC flushing and give it about 7-8 hours dark minimum before chop. I want the plant to pull from it's leaves etc for its final feedings.. but if i defoled alot it could play into how long on the clean water decision.

If you dry properly you can get "hay" weed to clean up but you will need to be patient and cure it thoroughly... (sometimes 2 months or more)

Just some rookie advice notes....
Hope it helps

:peace:

FE

I am running ebb and flow
here are some picture well ok here is a shit load of pictures lol took some with regular cam, some with hd cam, and some with cozy mag
wonderwoman 1
12-2-ww1-full.jpg
12-2-ww1-cola.jpg
12-2-ww1-closeup.jpg
12-2-ww1-cola2.jpg

wonderwoman2
12-2-ww2-cola.jpg
12-2-ww2-full.jpg

crown royal
12-2-cr.jpg
12-2-cr-bud.jpg
12-2-cr-cola.jpg

hindu kush
12-2-hk-cola-1.jpg

12-2-hk-bud1.jpg

12-2-hk-bud2.jpg

12-2-hk-closeup.jpg

12-2-hk-bud3.jpg

12-2-hk-cola-1.jpg

12-2-hk-cola-2.jpg

In ebb and flow (or R-DWC) with GH Flora Series nutes, if you get 48 hours flush on a plant, you won't have nutrient flavor in your buds (as long as you were running 1500PPM or lower). I've been using those nutes for decades on pot and food plants. If you get no flush at all, you probably won't notice it anyway. Nice, nice plants, man!

In ebb and flow (or R-DWC) with GH Flora Series nutes, if you get 48 hours flush on a plant, you won't have nutrient flavor in your buds (as long as you were running 1500PPM or lower). I've been using those nutes for decades on pot and food plants. If you get no flush at all, you probably won't notice it anyway. Nice, nice plants, man!
Thank you for that info this is my first grow, I keep the nutes very light and spoon feed what they need when they need it to try and keep from over nuteing this way i wont have to flush was my goal

Thanks man i appreciate it. Your are looking for potassium pick up some raw potassium and add it when you need to replenish after 2 or 3 days because plants can drain the potassium in as little as 2 days during heavy feeding, you are right behind me right? im on 51 in flower
Your buds are fattening up very nice G00ch, wish mine would, they are just kind of holding their own. Looks like you are in for a very very nice harvest indeed :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom