Jon's First Outdoor Grow: Sugar Breath Photoperiod & Strawberry Banana Autoflower

Like driving 90 mph down highway smoking a joint. That's that sht just don't happen. Throw my weed away. Lmao gram is a gram. Lmao
The point is that you probably don't lose the gram. The energy, nutrients, and hormones that would have gone into that small, 1 gram bud get redirected to other buds once you cut it off.

Some growers think they are losing total harvest weight by doing so but in reality you end up with fewer, but larger, buds on the rest of the plant.

Cocotown
Strawberry Lemonade
Flower Day 69

This plant does not know when to quit. Hey @Bill284, is this a function of coco growing or did I just get lucky with this plant? She just keeps piling on the new growth and getting fatter. I thought she was as fat as she was going to get a week ago. I was way wrong. Glad I'm taking my own advice and not leaving before the miracle happens. I went to the door of the tent with the scope already running on the app, ready to take trichome pictures this morning, and when I opened the door and looked at her all I could do was laugh and put the scope away. Every bud it seems has new green growth popping out of the buds. It's crazy. Also, I am out of Big Bloom. This is the basic FF additive at the very top of the chart that goes all the way through the grow to the end. Well, I'm not ordering a bottle just to feed her that for a week or whatever till she's done, as I am retiring my FF nute line after this grow for a while. So I am following the chart sans Big Bloom, which is basically just worm and bat poop. To replace the loss of N in the mix, I began adding the Weed Easy seaweed supplement. It's been three feedings this way, and they seem fine, so I'm going with it. Bill, you see any reason this would be a problem?

Here's some bud shots from this morning where the new growth is quite evident. I can't wait to get my lungs on this weed. Excellent Barney's genetics, very impressed. Beautiful buds. Dense as hell, like rock in there. Obviously fairly frosty, lol. Smells still more lemon/citrus than it does strawberry, although now and then you get a whiff out of nowhere where you say, oh, strawberry.

Enjoy!

SL bud 2 2 10.jpg

SL bud 3 2 10.jpg

SL bud 4 2 10.jpg

SL bud 1 2 10.jpg

Any plans to drought her?
Ha! I was waiting for someone to ask, thanks @Azimuth.

In a word: no.

In more than a word: I've smoked the best of the fully rezinated weed. I understand the point and methodology of droughting. I've read the thread and science on it. However, there's one thing missing from all the science I have seen presented so far, at least in my opinion. I have yet to see any science or even someone express an opinion on what the negative effects on the end product are with droughting. YES, it's DEFINITELY going to increase trichome production significantly. BUT...I believe droughting has a negative effect on the overall product in ways I have yet to see addressed. I think the taste is compromised. Also the smell. And certainly the look, although that is of minimal concern to me. The other two, however, are. Granted, my only experience was with one fully rezinated strain, but it was grown by a master and done as well as it can be done. Frankly, as good as it was, some of my plants in this grow have produced just as much trichomes and help with pain just as much. This is not to down that rezinated weed or any other, and by NO MEANS am I downing the process or anyone who chooses to do it. In my humble opinion it's a tradeoff. So far it's not one I choose to make. Those who do I wish the best of luck. I am eagerly looking forward to @Emilya's report on this topic, as she has done a much more controlled thing with this in her current grow.

My two cents.

All I can say is these plants look even better in person. Fantastic work my friend!!
Why thank you sir, and all I can say is that it's a pleasure to be able to share them in person with the likes of you! Ha!

Cocotown
Strawberry Lemonade
Flower Day 69

This plant does not know when to quit. Hey @Bill284, is this a function of coco growing or did I just get lucky with this plant? She just keeps piling on the new growth and getting fatter. I thought she was as fat as she was going to get a week ago. I was way wrong. Glad I'm taking my own advice and not leaving before the miracle happens. I went to the door of the tent with the scope already running on the app, ready to take trichome pictures this morning, and when I opened the door and looked at her all I could do was laugh and put the scope away. Every bud it seems has new green growth popping out of the buds. It's crazy. Also, I am out of Big Bloom. This is the basic FF additive at the very top of the chart that goes all the way through the grow to the end. Well, I'm not ordering a bottle just to feed her that for a week or whatever till she's done, as I am retiring my FF nute line after this grow for a while. So I am following the chart sans Big Bloom, which is basically just worm and bat poop. To replace the loss of N in the mix, I began adding the Weed Easy seaweed supplement. It's been three feedings this way, and they seem fine, so I'm going with it. Bill, you see any reason this would be a problem?

Here's some bud shots from this morning where the new growth is quite evident. I can't wait to get my lungs on this weed. Excellent Barney's genetics, very impressed. Beautiful buds. Dense as hell, like rock in there. Obviously fairly frosty, lol. Smells still more lemon/citrus than it does strawberry, although now and then you get a whiff out of nowhere where you say, oh, strawberry.

Enjoy!

SL bud 2 2 10.jpg

SL bud 3 2 10.jpg

SL bud 4 2 10.jpg

SL bud 1 2 10.jpg
Beautiful my friend.
They just keep swelling. :thumb:
Theat weed easy product looks great, but I couldn't find a npk listed for it?
So I'm not sure if it's a suitable replacement?

Stay safe
Bill

Beautiful my friend.
They just keep swelling. :thumb:
Theat weed easy product looks great, but I couldn't find a npk listed for it?
So I'm not sure if it's a suitable replacement?

Stay safe
Bill
It's heavy K, and I meant K, not N, sorry. Here it is. You tell me. The plants seem to like it. I got the bulk or the new growth when I started it. Might just be timing and coincidence there, but again, you tell me. And it's actually called Easy Weed, sorry. The label:

label 1.jpg

It's heavy K, and I meant K, not N, sorry. Here it is. You tell me. The plants seem to like it. I got the bulk or the new growth when I started it. Might just be timing and coincidence there, but again, you tell me. And it's actually called Easy Weed, sorry. The label:

label 1.jpg
Some good shit in there. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Some good shit in there. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill
Cool! I thought so too, but you know how it is, lol. Thank you!! Btw - the Dos Si Dos had the exact same maybe coincidental timing in terms of suddenly starting to pop new growth. This is higher in K than the Big Bloom. Think maybe the increase has something to do with the popping?

Cool! I thought so too, but you know how it is, lol. Thank you!! Btw - the Dos Si Dos had the exact same maybe coincidental timing in terms of suddenly starting to pop new growth. This is higher in K than the Big Bloom. Think maybe the increase has something to do with the popping?
Went to the closest hydro store yesterday. :(
I asked for superthrive, the lady says " is that a nutrient? We only carry pie nutrients"
I knew I was in trouble.
I never even herd of pie nutrients fek.
They don't stock shit.
It was disappointing.
Really disappointing.
So looks like I'll have order everything I need fek.
Joys of living in the country.
But I wouldn't change it for anything.
Found an old bottle of Roots Excelurator Gold yesterday , hope it's still good.
It was in a duffel bag of all things.
I was thrilled, it's expensive shit.
I need something to give these little girls a boost.
My poor garden. :rolleyes:
Good work Amigo, you should be very proud. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

I asked for superthrive, the lady says " is that a nutrient? We only carry pie nutrients"
I knew I was in trouble.
They don't stock shit.
It was disappointing.
Really disappointing.

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks Bill, I also think you did a nice job. Sorry for your luck with the hydro store...

I knew I was in trouble.
They don't stock shit.
It was disappointing.
Really disappointing.

Stay safe
Bill
Ah shit sorry to hear that bill. That whole range by house and garden is expensive but I've heard good things. I might grab some roots accelerator myself actually. The shooting powder used to be my go to aswell. I've swapped it out for Canna boost this run and had awesome results. It's all super expensive but these are the little things I think push the girls that final stretch to greatness :)

Hi @Prescription Blend guys and gals!

I tend to reveal my ignorance here on the thread rather than in message in the hopes that maybe there's someone besides me in the dark about whatever it is. Thanks very much.

I am wondering about flushing with the PB nute system. I see what it says on the chart. I guess I'm wondering if we might be able to get a little more specific. My questions, at least the ones I can think of, are basically:

- What would the optimum timing be for a flush at the end?
- How many waterings in a row would you recommend flushing her for (she's in a seven of soil)?
- Would you recommend any flushing before the end (she's on Day 22 of flower today, supposedly a 45 day flower)?
- Would the use of a flushing agent such as Sledgehammer from Fox Farms or some other product be beneficial and work with the system?
- Do you think it's better to Ph to 6.3 every flush gallon or do you guys feel as many do that it doesn't matter for the flush?

That ought to do it for now. Thanks so much. You guys have been great about letting me pepper you with questions from time to time and always been responsive. It's much appreciated.

I am eagerly looking forward to @Emilya's report on this topic, as she has done a much more controlled thing with this in her current grow.
The first droughted plant, the one I took pictures of in my journal, has been pulled, given 36 hours of darkness, bud washed and now is drying. I just have to say at this point that I hope it smokes better than it looks. For me, bag appeal is a big deal, because although I am dealing with medical patients, they still prefer great looking pot if given a choice. This is not that. If this is the only compromise and I get better quality, then there will be times when I want to do this, but normally, just because of the sick look and lack of healthy coloring, this is not going to be one of my favorite techniques, because without droughting, my product is usually of superior quality anyway.

I have the next round of Bushmans and Amnesia F2 in the middle of transition right now, and these plants will be better taken care of than that last batch. I am spraying SNS 203 every 2 to 3 days to control the bugs and I am confident this time that they wont be a problem. In addition to that I am sealing the floor in the bloom room with a white latex rubberized waterproof coating, so bugs will no longer be able to hide out in the cracks between the floorboards, and it will be much easier to achieve lab cleanliness in there. The bugs have met their match, and with effort that stage of growing into my new grow rooms will be behind me.
- How many waterings in a row would you recommend flushing her for (she's in a seven of soil)?
If you are talking about using this method of giving only water, essentially starving the plant for a prolonged time, I am dead set against this practice, I don't believe that starving the plant is the way to smoking better buds... you can't "flush" nutrients that never make it to the bud in the first place.

- What would the optimum timing be for a flush at the end?
A proper flush, 3x the container size is best done 2 weeks till the finish. This clears the salts and the roots for maximum uptake of nutes and water in the last 2 weeks, when the buds need it the most.

- Would the use of a flushing agent such as Sledgehammer from Fox Farms or some other product be beneficial and work with the system?
A flushing agent does help to reduce the amount of water that it takes to achieve a proper flush, and this can also reduce your amount of labor that you have to perform to achieve a flush. Using warm water instead of cold seems to help in some degree also. (pun intended) If you are using sledgehammer in conjunction with the starvation method of flushing the soil instead of water, doing it over and over for a week or two, you are wasting your money. Sledgehammer was never designed for this type of starvation flushing.

- Do you think it's better to Ph to 6.3 every flush gallon or do you guys feel as many do that it doesn't matter for the flush?
There is absolutely no reason to pH adjust your flush water. You are either washing out all of the nutes or you are not wanting the plant to use any nutes, so why pH adjust? We pH adjust ONLY because synthetic nutes need to be within a certain range to be mobile for the plants. If there are no nutes because you flushed them away, the plant, soil, myco... nothing else cares about the pH of your incoming fluids as long as you are in the normal livable rang of 9-4 pH.

The first droughted plant, the one I took pictures of in my journal, has been pulled, given 36 hours of darkness, bud washed and now is drying. I just have to say at this point that I hope it smokes better than it looks. For me, bag appeal is a big deal, because although I am dealing with medical patients, they still prefer great looking pot if given a choice. This is not that. If this is the only compromise and I get better quality, then there will be times when I want to do this, but normally, just because of the sick look and lack of healthy coloring, this is not going to be one of my favorite techniques, because without droughting, my product is usually of superior quality anyway.

I have the next round of Bushmans and Amnesia F2 in the middle of transition right now, and these plants will be better taken care of than that last batch. I am spraying SNS 203 every 2 to 3 days to control the bugs and I am confident this time that they wont be a problem. In addition to that I am sealing the floor in the bloom room with a white latex rubberized waterproof coating, so bugs will no longer be able to hide out in the cracks between the floorboards, and it will be much easier to achieve lab cleanliness in there. The bugs have met their match, and with effort that stage of growing into my new grow rooms will be behind me.

If you are talking about using this method of giving only water, essentially starving the plant for a prolonged time, I am dead set against this practice, I don't believe that starving the plant is the way to smoking better buds... you can't "flush" nutrients that never make it to the bud in the first place.

A proper flush, 3x the container size is best done 2 weeks till the finish. This clears the salts and the roots for maximum uptake of nutes and water in the last 2 weeks, when the buds need it the most.

A flushing agent does help to reduce the amount of water that it takes to achieve a proper flush, and this can also reduce you amount of labor that you have to perform to achieve a flush. Using warm water instead of cold seems to help in some degree also. If you are using sledgehammer in conjunction with the starvation method of flushing the soil instead of water, doing it over and over for a week or two, you are wasting your money. Sledgehammer was never designed for this type of starvation flushing.

There is absolutely no reason to pH adjust your flush water. You are either washing out all of the nutes or you are not wanting the plant to use any nutes, so why pH adjust? We pH adjust ONLY because synthetic nutes need to be within a certain range to be mobile for the plants. If there are no nutes because you flushed them away, the plant, soil, myco... nothing else cares about the pH of your incoming fluids as long as you are in the normal livable rang of 9-4 pH.
Good info as usual emilya. What is your opinion on giving only water to save money?

I did see the research and noted that there wasn't any notable difference between flushed for 10 days and not flushed at all. I took from this I can save 10 days worth of nutrients without having any negative OR positive effect on the bud. Seemed to me like a good argument for so called flushing as this results in a nice saving in the pocket :)

Good info as usual emilya. What is your opinion on giving only water to save money?

I did see the research and noted that there wasn't any notable difference between flushed for 10 days and not flushed at all. I took from this I can save 10 days worth of nutrients without having any negative OR positive effect on the bud. Seemed to me like a good argument for so called flushing as this results in a nice saving in the pocket :)
Well, it's a system. I am using it exactly as intended. And it lists a flush at the end. That's it. So I'm talking about ONE flush, not a series, and not multiple events. If the answer to best time is 2 weeks before harvest, great. If the answer is it doesn't matter and isn't necessary, then why does PB have it in the suggestions?

I do that all the time. It may blow some minds around here, those who believe that the nute companies are out to soak us for every last buck they can, but @GeoFlora Nutrients actually recommends not giving the last feeding in bloom. They know that there are still enough microbes and feed in there from the last feeding, and that the plants are starting to slow down at the end, so there is no need for feed during that last 2 weeks. You can feed if you wish, or give boosters or whatever, but yes, you can save some money at the end. I would bet that a vast majority of commercial growers do the same thing.

I do that all the time. It may blow some minds around here, those who believe that the nute companies are out to soak us for every last buck they can, but @GeoFlora Nutrients actually recommends not giving the last feeding in bloom. They know that there are still enough microbes and feed in there from the last feeding, and that the plants are starting to slow down at the end, so there is no need for feed during that last 2 weeks. You can feed if you wish, or give boosters or whatever, but yes, you can save some money at the end. I would bet that a vast majority of commercial growers do the same thing.
Wonderful. It's good to know all those years of flushing wasn't a total waste of time hehe.

Back
Top Bottom