Jon's New Pared Down Setup Soil Grow: 3 Photo & 1 Auto With New Dedicated Auto Rig

I have them now in the sixth week of flowering, and I'm wondering if it won't help them pierce the leaves in the middle to get the light lower. The only thing I'm afraid is that it won't hurt the plants. What do you think?
Is it possible for you to get your camera lens so it's looking directly down the center of the plant, and then a side shot of the same plant? That two photo combo would really help me to answer your question. I'm not good enough yet to answer you based on the other pic. Lol. Funny but true. If you can.

Is it possible for you to get your camera lens so it's looking directly down the center of the plant, and then a side shot of the same plant? That two photo combo would really help me to answer your question. I'm not good enough yet to answer you based on the other pic. Lol. Funny but true. If you can.
Oka I'll try to take a picture

This is what two of four @Jon look like, so let me know what you think about it.

IMG_20211221_190737.jpg

IMG_20211221_190732.jpg

IMG_20211221_190726.jpg

IMG_20211221_190721.jpg

Ok @Bill284, and also @StoneOtter since you just went through this too, here's a hermie watch photo series for us.

I took two node shots off each plant. Here's what I see:

1. Blueberry - too early to tell, but no worries yet
2. Strawberry Lemonade - this is what I want to see, likely not a hermie, at least yet, lol
3. Dos Si Dos Fast Flowering - I see mixed messages here and this one has me worried. The first pic is a top-ish node and looks like what I want. The second pic is a lower node. See those two little things to the right and left of the stamens or whatever those hairs are called? These worry me and are being watched closely. They either pop hairs like above or they turn to balls. Starting to wonder about these FF photos. Seems a trend may be developing here.

My eye is far less experienced than yours. What do you guys see?

bb hermie watch 1.jpg

bb hermie watch 2.jpg

sl hermie watch 1.jpg

sl hermie watch 2.jpg

DSD hermie watch 1.jpg

dsd hermie watch 2.jpg
I see pollinated pistils! Do you have some pollen floating around the neighborhood?

Congratulations on the 600+ gram harvest! That's a nice haul no matter how you look at it, especially considering that number doesn't count what dissappear in a puff of smoke.

Ok @Bill284, and also @StoneOtter since you just went through this too, here's a hermie watch photo series for us.

I took two node shots off each plant. Here's what I see:

1. Blueberry - too early to tell, but no worries yet
2. Strawberry Lemonade - this is what I want to see, likely not a hermie, at least yet, lol
3. Dos Si Dos Fast Flowering - I see mixed messages here and this one has me worried. The first pic is a top-ish node and looks like what I want. The second pic is a lower node. See those two little things to the right and left of the stamens or whatever those hairs are called? These worry me and are being watched closely. They either pop hairs like above or they turn to balls. Starting to wonder about these FF photos. Seems a trend may be developing here.

My eye is far less experienced than yours. What do you guys see?

bb hermie watch 1.jpg

bb hermie watch 2.jpg

sl hermie watch 1.jpg

sl hermie watch 2.jpg

DSD hermie watch 1.jpg

dsd hermie watch 2.jpg
Good day my friend.
I bet you are checking every in of your garden with paranoid eyes now.
I'm sure everything looks like a ball to you now. :(
My old eyes aren't much help with those pics sorry.

Stay safe
Bill

I see pollinated pistils! Do you have some pollen floating around the neighborhood?
Which ones? The Dos Si Dos? That's the one I thought was maybe.

This is what two of four @Jon look like, so let me know what you think about it.

IMG_20211221_190737.jpg

IMG_20211221_190732.jpg

IMG_20211221_190726.jpg

IMG_20211221_190721.jpg
I dunno Kanno, I don't think I would take any leaves from this personally. Your lower buds are pretty lit up so they're getting light, and I don't see any leaves that are covering bud sites in any significant way. If it were me I would leave this be and not worry too much about defol right now. I might instead work on getting them a bit greener, although the lightish green thing may be a function of the light/picture?

I dunno Kanno, I don't think I would take any leaves from this personally. Your lower buds are pretty lit up so they're getting light, and I don't see any leaves that are covering bud sites in any significant way. If it were me I would leave this be and not worry too much about defol right now. I might instead work on getting them a bit greener, although the lightish green thing may be a function of the light/picture?
Ok I like to get advice, greens are nice in my opinion it makes a camera and light together. I'll let it be and see thanks for the feedback.

the pistils that are already dark like at the end... mostly noticed them on the popcorn buds at the notches. Its not a biggie.. you will get a few seeds, but the buds that never saw the pollen should be ok
So you're telling me clear/white pistils all the way is female and when they shoot darker hairs from the get go like this they are pollinated? And if that's the case why shouldn't I completely pull the plant?

Why am I feeling like this is some sort of really basic info that I have somehow missed in all my research? I never heard this before.

So you're telling me clear/white pistils all the way is female and when they shoot darker hairs from the get go like this they are pollinated? And if that's the case why shouldn't I completely pull the plant?

Why am I feeling like this is some sort of really basic info that I have somehow missed in all my research? I never heard this before.
they are female. females get pollinated. This doesnt make them a hermi or signal any need to pull the plant. Only the sites that exist now, and that got a bit of the pollen will produce seeds. Any of your bud sites that still show perfect white pistils are fine. If you feel there is a danger of more pollen hanging around that might pollinate the plant further, spray it down with water. Just because you get seeds in one place on the plant doesn't mean you can't be growing perfectly good sensimilla in another place on the plant. Stay calm.
This isn't something that just happens all by itself. The female can not do this to herself, unless she produces male parts and starts throwing out pollen. Since you caught the plant doing that and removed it, the danger is over. Do not pull this plant.

they are female. females get pollinated. This doesnt make them a hermi or signal any need to pull the plant. Only the sites that exist now, and that got a bit of the pollen will produce seeds. Any of your bud sites that still show perfect white pistils are fine. If you feel there is a danger of more pollen hanging around that might pollinate the plant further, spray it down with water. Just because you get seeds in one place on the plant doesn't mean you can't be growing perfectly good sensimilla in another place on the plant. Stay calm.
This isn't something that just happens all by itself. The female can not do this to herself, unless she produces male parts and starts throwing out pollen. Since you caught the plant doing that and removed it, the danger is over. Do not pull this plant.
Oh I see. You are referring to the Strawberry Banana that actually had a penis. You are surmising that the SB may have touched a few buds with pollen and affected only them, and as soon as I removed the plant that stopped any further damage. So when I harvest this, assuming it works out, if I happen to bite into a bud with seeds the first one, I should not panic and immediately get depressed cuz the rest of the plant will likely be fine.

All that sound about right? And THANKS.

Oh I see. You are referring to the Strawberry Banana that actually had a penis. You are surmising that the SB may have touched a few buds with pollen and affected only them, and as soon as I removed the plant that stopped any further damage. So when I harvest this, assuming it works out, if I happen to bite into a bud with seeds the first one, I should not panic and immediately get depressed cuz the rest of the plant will likely be fine.

All that sound about right? And THANKS.
exactly... one plant throwing out pollen, especially with fans working the air, can pollinate an entire room. I have had pollen in one end of the house go through the furnace system and end up pollinating a few buds in my grow room at the other end of the house. Pollen is insidious.

But, it can only affect what it can touch. When a pistil does collect pollen it almost instantly crinkles, starts to turn color and pull back into the bud. So watch your plant... if you see lots of clean white pistils, you are fine. Where you see colored pistils already, you will get some seeds. You already make bud quality piles when you harvest, so here is a new category to sort them into... seeded bud. This is stuff you give away and smoke just to be smoking something, but don't quite want your best. There will still better quality in that seeded bud than what you get in a dispensary. Also, when you get a wild hair, plant some of those seeds. You just unlocked the genetics of the strains involved, destabilized it, and you are likely to get either a blend of the two plants, or one or the other, or one of the grandparents. F1 seeds can be fun, as long as you are aware that it is a crap shoot, and you really don't know what you are going to get.

exactly... one plant throwing out pollen, especially with fans working the air, can pollinate an entire room. I have had pollen in one end of the house go through the furnace system and end up pollinating a few buds in my grow room at the other end of the house. Pollen is insidious.

But, it can only affect what it can touch. When a pistil does collect pollen it almost instantly crinkles, starts to turn color and pull back into the bud. So watch your plant... if you see lots of clean white pistils, you are fine. Where you see colored pistils already, you will get some seeds. You already make bud quality piles when you harvest, so here is a new category to sort them into... seeded bud. This is stuff you give away and smoke just to be smoking something, but don't quite want your best. There will still better quality in that seeded bud than what you get in a dispensary. Also, when you get a wild hair, plant some of those seeds. You just unlocked the genetics of the strains involved, destabilized it, and you are likely to get either a blend of the two plants, or one or the other, or one of the grandparents. F1 seeds can be fun, as long as you are aware that it is a crap shoot, and you really don't know what you are going to get.
Well perhaps that explains why I've been getting a higher instance rate of this on the Fast Flowering photos. They are F1s. Does that make sense?

it makes perfect sense. F1 automatically means destabilized.
Funny how they don't explain this little reality to you on the sites you buy them from.

Ok excellent information. I don't think it's fun. I'm done with F1s from scratch after this. I'll stick to good old fashioned slow female seeds.

Back
Top Bottom