Jon's Second Grow, First Grow Journal, Soil Grow Autos & Photoperiod

Pineapple Express #2
Harvest Update
Day 73

Well, the trichomes don't lie. The girl was ready to go. So down she came. This is the eighth auto, I harvest them all the same way as already described, so no need to reiterate. We'll just get right to the irrelevant wet weight pics and all that. Lmao.

She was very much like Pineapple Express #1. Grew the same, looked the same, same size, and almost exactly the same yield. Great plant. If I hadn't compromised their growth for about a week total over the course of the grow with the time it took me to figure out what needed fixed and fix it, they would have produced even more. A week is a long time in the life of an auto to screw it up. Oh well. 17.07 ounces wet to hang dry. About a 3 ounce plant, maybe a bit more depending on how she dries.

8 down. 1 to go. 4 in jars. 4 in the drying room. 1 in the pot still. Kind of ready to be done with them so I can give the scrog and Sadie more attention. Damn autos are fun.

Photographs:

- Final pre chop picture of Pineapple Express 2 (I mislabeled the picture PE3 - it's PE2)
- Trichomes showing ready - I had a dozen and all the pictures looked like this
- Wet trimmed to hang dry harvest weight

PE 3 final pre chop picture.jpg

PE 3 trichomes at harvest.jpg

wet hang to dry weight on PE3.jpg

That looks great!
I really compromised the Pineapple Express. I know they are large producers and I had all three of them trained perfectly. I probably could have pulled five or six ounces off each one I had so many large and legit bud sites, like dozens per plant. Then I screwed them up with a series of mistakes and had to bring them back. Fine, but that was about 10 days during budding that they just stalled. They didn't grow any bigger for ten days, which is stupid. It's way too long. I almost killed them I was so pissed, but I let them finish anyway. They're awesome buds and smell great and are covered in trichomes, but all the individual buds are small. Not the stalks, they're huge, and there's buds all the way up. The overall weight was okay. Each one will be around three ounces. I just know this strain with what I had them set up to do should have been five or six ounce plants. I KNOW. It's all on me, as it always is....NEVER is it the plant's fault in my opinion. So I'll get my three ounces from each which is okay, not bad for a first try, I just know enough to know what could have been and it kills me. Growing pains. The buds just should have all been fat colas and they never got there. But quality over quantity and what there is, when I get done trimming for a year (lol), will be fabulous, I can tell. So it is what it is.

That looks great!
Your boy Odin grew some nice Pineapple Express, I was checking his out. They are what mine should have looked like, only my plants would have ended up with double or three times as many bud sites as his. But his are awesome, and for his second grow it was amazing in my opinion.

Happy Sunday
Final Smoke Report
Gorilla Zkittlez Autoflower
Curing Since May 3

Hi guys. I don't know if this is a thing people do in their journals, but I'm gonna do a post like this one for each of my strains as they become ready. After they've cured at least three weeks and closer to a month.

The only one of my harvests that has hit that point so far is the Gorilla Zkittlez, my first auto ever harvested. As noted above she's been in the jar since May 3. I use Infinity Jars, which are smell/air/light/UV light/Infared light proof and for my money the best curing jars. I believe after 27 days of cure this girl is giving me as much as she's going to give me. The smell and taste and smoothness hasn't changed in a week or so. So she's close enough and I'm gonna call her done.

For the smoke reports I will post after beginning my day as the test bud as my first bong hit of the day after getting up in the morning. Purest test I know of. I do my morning routine, get a nice cup of coffee, get comfortable, find a great bud in the headstash jar, and trim myself off a sweet, big bong hit through freshly cleaned bong and cold water. There's the testing routine. Lol.

The Gorilla Zkittlez

Smell: Candy, fruity, citrusy, specific lemon and grapefruit notes. The smell would be maybe the finest quality of this bud. It's glorious.
Taste: Sweet, fruity, lemony, grapefruity, with sweet and undefined fruity as the lead notes, and then the lemon taste a lot, then on the end of the exhale, especially through my nose, I get the more subtle stuff. So far the only "subtle" flavor I've been able to put a name on is grapefruit.
Smoke: Medium density, medium creamy, smooth off white smoke. Does not make you cough no matter how big a hit you take. A small nod to my dry/cure but a big nod to the weed itself.
THC content: I'm guessing here based on 40 years of smoking weed and having many dispensary comparisons where I know the THC level. Sure I know it has a lot to do with terps too, blah blah blah I'm so sick of hearing that stupid speech at the dispensaries. But just straight THC level, in my opinion, is around 20%. Of course I wanted higher than that but that's about what my buzz tells me. Not less than 20, possibly a point or two higher. Relatively low for what I smoke, what I like, and what I grow in photos. But more than adequate to get the job done.
Density of buds: I would describe them as medium density. Definitely not the rocks I would like, as the Cinderella Jack buds are. But not bad. They squeeze like Magic Erasers if you have ever held one of those. Could be much worse.
Trichomes: Pretty high. Not amazingly high. Well stocked all the way through the bud. Visible with the naked eye on the finished buds.
Kief: I kief the buds individually and jar the kief in little labeled kief jars so I know what I'm smoking. The kief from the Gorilla Zkittlez is WAY sweet. Like powdered sweet lemony candy. Very light in color. I didn't get very much of it as I had left very little leaf on there by harvest, but what there is of it is very very good.
Cure difference: From May 3 to May 30, 27 days of curing, this weed got WAY better. They always do, obviously, or we wouldn't do it. But some more than others. The Gorilla went from a little harsh and lacking taste some to tasting fabulous and smelling like a dream. Didn't get any stronger, but got WAY more palatable. Good curing weed and picked up and blossomed for me in the jar very nicely. Impressive. It's a pleasure to smoke.
Buzz: For some the bottom line. What can I say? It's a 20% buzz. Lasts about 45 minutes to an hour. Not heavy, very up. Not surprising as I harvested her too soon when all the trichomes were white and maybe one or two amber trichs on the whole plant. Lol. It's a nice, lightish, giggly, semi-creative, medium up type buzz. Happy. Very pleasurable buzz but not strong enough for me to use before a gig or something when I really want up and I really want my creativity maxed. It is definitely not disappointing in the least however. Good buzz. Not great/amazing buzz. I will say I shared it with a few smoker/non-grower friends and they thought it was great. My standards are different, as I'm sure most of ours are.
Pain Use?: I include this cuz due to my accident I have daily back pain. As I refuse to take opiates, I smoke tons of weed. Lol. I did anyway. But I can at least gauge how a given weed affects a constant, low level type back pain. In this case it did okay. About like most of them do. I don't smoke a lot of CBD so the weed doesn't really tend to do tons for the back, although sometimes I am surprised and get instant relief. This was very average in that regard, for what it's worth to anyone.

I tried to be thorough here. Think I covered what anyone would want to know about this weed, at least as I grew it. I have no idea how representative my effort is compared to what the weed is "supposed" to be, but for my first ever harvested autoflower, the bottom line on the Gorilla Zkittlez is that I am quite happy with her.

Here's a few pics of the finished buds in various lighting as they look in the curing headstash jar today.

GZ final bud smoke report group in the sun.jpg

GZ final bud smoke report group in the sun 2.jpg

GZ final bud smoke report closeup.jpg

Sadie Update
Grow Day 102
Flower Day 23

My best plant, my solo Jelly Rancher named Sadie, just woke up and I decided to get a few shots of her in just full spectrum light. I turned off the blurples/reds for a minute to snap these pics. The only thing I could provide closer to her actual colors than this would be a natural sunlight picture, and that ain't happening, lol. So this'll have to do. Way better than pictures with the reds though.

I'm just gonna leave that there....sometimes a picture or two is pretty adequate.

Enjoy!

Sadie no blurples pic.jpg

Sadie no blurples pic 2.jpg

Stacking decently.jpg

Sadie bud no blurples pic.jpg

I include this cuz due to my accident I have daily back pain.
This is one of the reasons I eat a lot of raw organic vegetables... my back gets so bad I can't walk erect otherwise. Not trying to tell you what to do but it helped me tremendously. The stuff at the grocery store is garbage IMO (though probably still better than a typical American diet)... I had to shop around the local farms to find one that grows 100% organic with no chemicals added.

Nice looking little nugs... sorry to hear about the buzz hopefully one of the others will have you sitting alone by yourself rocking back and forth waiting to come down :laugh:

This is one of the reasons I eat a lot of raw organic vegetables... my back gets so bad I can't walk erect otherwise. Not trying to tell you what to do but it helped me tremendously. The stuff at the grocery store is garbage IMO (though probably still better than a typical American diet)... I had to shop around the local farms to find one that grows 100% organic with no chemicals added.

Nice looking little nugs... sorry to hear about the buzz hopefully one of the others will have you sitting alone by yourself rocking back and forth waiting to come down :laugh:
Yeah thanks man. I actually am about 75% organic in terms of my food. We have a great spot called Seed to Table here that is my go to place. I appreciate that.

The nugs are great, and I wasn't implying it was a bad buzz at all. It's a very good buzz. Just light, for my (and I'm sure your) tolerance level. If I were my 18 year old nephew just on my first year of smoking pot, I would think it was the best bud I'd ever smoked. You know what I mean? Everything is there but the POWER. Lol. But still it's nice and I smoke it daily to start the day cuz it's just light up. Every pot has it's purpose. Lol.

Happy Sunday
Final Smoke Report
Curing Since May 3

Hi guys. I don't know if this is a thing people do in their journals, but I'm gonna do a post like this one for each of my strains as they become ready. After they've cured at least three weeks and closer to a month.

The only one of my harvests that has hit that point so far is the Gorilla Zkittlez, my first auto ever harvested. As noted above she's been in the jar since May 3. I use Infinity Jars, which are smell/air/light/UV light/Infared light proof and for my money the best curing jars. I believe after 27 days of cure this girl is giving me as much as she's going to give me. The smell and taste and smoothness hasn't changed in a week or so. So she's close enough and I'm gonna call her done.

For the smoke reports I will post after beginning my day as the test bud as my first bong hit of the day after getting up in the morning. Purest test I know of. I do my morning routine, get a nice cup of coffee, get comfortable, find a great bud in the headstash jar, and trim myself off a sweet, big bong hit through freshly cleaned bong and cold water. There's the testing routine. Lol.

The Gorilla Zkittlez

Smell: Candy, fruity, citrusy, specific lemon and grapefruit notes. The smell would be maybe the finest quality of this bud. It's glorious.
Taste: Sweet, fruity, lemony, grapefruity, with sweet and undefined fruity as the lead notes, and then the lemon taste a lot, then on the end of the exhale, especially through my nose, I get the more subtle stuff. So far the only "subtle" flavor I've been able to put a name on is grapefruit.
Smoke: Medium density, medium creamy, smooth off white smoke. Does not make you cough no matter how big a hit you take. A small nod to my dry/cure but a big nod to the weed itself.
THC content: I'm guessing here based on 40 years of smoking weed and having many dispensary comparisons where I know the THC level. Sure I know it has a lot to do with terps too, blah blah blah I'm so sick of hearing that stupid speech at the dispensaries. But just straight THC level, in my opinion, is around 20%. Of course I wanted higher than that but that's about what my buzz tells me. Not less than 20, possibly a point or two higher. Relatively low for what I smoke, what I like, and what I grow in photos. But more than adequate to get the job done.
Density of buds: I would describe them as medium density. Definitely not the rocks I would like, as the Cinderella Jack buds are. But not bad. They squeeze like Magic Erasers if you have ever held one of those. Could be much worse.
Trichomes: Pretty high. Not amazingly high. Well stocked all the way through the bud. Visible with the naked eye on the finished buds.
Kief: I kief the buds individually and jar the kief in little labeled kief jars so I know what I'm smoking. The kief from the Gorilla Zkittlez is WAY sweet. Like powdered sweet lemony candy. Very light in color. I didn't get very much of it as I had left very little leaf on there by harvest, but what there is of it is very very good.
Cure difference: From May 3 to May 30, 27 days of curing, this weed got WAY better. They always do, obviously, or we wouldn't do it. But some more than others. The Gorilla went from a little harsh and lacking taste some to tasting fabulous and smelling like a dream. Didn't get any stronger, but got WAY more palatable. Good curing weed and picked up and blossomed for me in the jar very nicely. Impressive. It's a pleasure to smoke.
Buzz: For some the bottom line. What can I say? It's a 20% buzz. Lasts about 45 minutes to an hour. Not heavy, very up. Not surprising as I harvested her too soon when all the trichomes were white and maybe one or two amber trichs on the whole plant. Lol. It's a nice, lightish, giggly, semi-creative, medium up type buzz. Happy. Very pleasurable buzz but not strong enough for me to use before a gig or something when I really want up and I really want my creativity maxed. It is definitely not disappointing in the least however. Good buzz. Not great/amazing buzz. I will say I shared it with a few smoker/non-grower friends and they thought it was great. My standards are different, as I'm sure most of ours are.
Pain Use?: I include this cuz due to my accident I have daily back pain. As I refuse to take opiates, I smoke tons of weed. Lol. I did anyway. But I can at least gauge how a given weed affects a constant, low level type back pain. In this case it did okay. About like most of them do. I don't smoke a lot of CBD so the weed doesn't really tend to do tons for the back, although sometimes I am surprised and get instant relief. This was very average in that regard, for what it's worth to anyone.

I tried to be thorough here. Think I covered what anyone would want to know about this weed, at least as I grew it. I have no idea how representative my effort is compared to what the weed is "supposed" to be, but for my first ever harvested autoflower, the bottom line on the Gorilla Zkittlez is that I am quite happy with her.

Here's a few pics of the finished buds in various lighting as they look in the curing headstash jar today.

That’s a superb write up Jon.
As ever;)
Bravo sir:)

Happy Sunday
Final Smoke Report
Curing Since May 3

The Gorilla Zkittlez

What strains give you that great creative jolt? My all time favorite is White Fire OG made me write some tunes! Gonna be in my next grow..

What strains give you that great creative jolt? My all time favorite is White Fire OG made me write some tunes! Gonna be in my next grow..
The fruity sativas do it for me. Pineapple upside down cake is one that works really well. Jack Herer is probably my all time favorite playing strain though. Or maybe Super Silver Haze. Very similar terpene profile.

The fruity sativas do it for me. Pineapple upside down cake is one that works really well. Jack Herer is probably my all time favorite playing strain though. Or maybe Super Silver Haze. Very similar terpene profile.
I have some Jack Herer auto seeds for my next sprouts.

Scrog Update
June 1
Day 104 Grow

Day 30 Flower - One Month of Flower Today!

Photographs:

- Everybody
- Scrog right
- Scrog middle
- Scrog left
- Closeup Jelly Rancher side
- Closeup Blueberry Muffin side
- Closeup Pineapple Upside Down Cake side
- Closeup Jelly Rancher bud
- Closeup Pineapple Upside Down Cake bud

The beginning of a new month. Big month for the girls. So far so good. Hope y'all enjoyed your Memorial Day weekend.

scrog June 1.jpg

Scrog right June 1.jpg

Scrog middle June 1.jpg

Scrog left June  1.jpg

Jelly Rancher closeup.jpg

Blueberry Muffin closeup.jpg

Pineapple Upside Down Cake #1 closeup.jpg

Jelly Rancher frosting closeup.jpg

Pineapple Upside Down Cake #1 bud frosting.jpg

Scrog Update
June 1
Day 104 Grow

Day 30 Flower - One Month of Flower Today!

Photographs:

- Everybody
- Scrog right
- Scrog middle
- Scrog left
- Closeup Jelly Rancher side
- Closeup Blueberry Muffin side
- Closeup Pineapple Upside Down Cake side
- Closeup Jelly Rancher bud
- Closeup Pineapple Upside Down Cake bud

The beginning of a new month. Big month for the girls. So far so good. Hope y'all enjoyed your Memorial Day weekend.

scrog June 1.jpg

Scrog right June 1.jpg

Scrog middle June 1.jpg

Scrog left June  1.jpg

Jelly Rancher closeup.jpg

Blueberry Muffin closeup.jpg

Pineapple Upside Down Cake #1 closeup.jpg

Jelly Rancher frosting closeup.jpg

Pineapple Upside Down Cake #1 bud frosting.jpg
I look at this scrog at day 30 and I reflect back on the people at Humboldt swearing up and down the pike that they'd be done in 45 days. Lmao. There is ZERO chance these buds are ready for harvest in a mere 15 more days. ZERO. It's 15 more days to 45 days of flower. Again, :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:. 45 days my ass. Maybe another 30 days and somewhere around the first few days of July - THAT seems realistic to me. But 45? 15 more days? NO CHANCE.

Makes me want Pineapple Express Jon..:)
Lovely jubly ❤️
Gracias! If the pre cure test bud is any indication it should be real good after a few weeks. I can already taste the tropical fruit inside just begging to be let out, and it smells very much like fruity candy right now. Nothing specifically pineapple yet. That's what I'm hoping the cure will bring out but we'll see. Regardless, the buds are very attractive. Thanks.

Bowl of Pineapple Express #1 Autoflower
DUDE... Where's my jar :laugh:

JK looks tasty man... twist one for me

Back
Top Bottom