Jon's Second Grow, First Grow Journal, Soil Grow Autos & Photoperiod

Sadie Update
Grow Day 107
Flower Day 28

I can't think of a single thing to say about this except sorry for the red light pictures. Here she is.

Happy Friday everyone!

Sadie June 4.jpg

Sadie top view June 4.jpg

Sadie bud June 4.jpg

Sadie bud 2 June 4.jpg

Sadie bud top June 4.jpg

Harvest Update
Pineapple Express #3
Day 79
LAST AUTO OF THE NINE!

And then there were none! The nine autos are now all harvested. That was a ride. But I'm ready to focus entirely on bringing home the scrog and Sadie. My work load is less for a few weeks. Yay.

Same harvest method as always, but this one was real dense so I basically wet trimmed her two thirds of the way. Potentially the best yielder of all the autos, have to see when it's final trimmed.

Happy Friday! This concludes the autoflower update section of this grow journal. I will post at the right time the final weights and a side by side of a bud from each plant, along with a smoke report on the remaining three strains I haven't done one for yet.

Kind of glad the autos are done with. Time to finish some REAL pot.

Final wet hang to dry weight Pineapple Express 3.jpg

Harvest Update
Pineapple Express #3
Day 79
LAST AUTO OF THE NINE!

And then there were none! The nine autos are now all harvested. That was a ride. But I'm ready to focus entirely on bringing home the scrog and Sadie. My work load is less for a few weeks. Yay.

Same harvest method as always, but this one was real dense so I basically wet trimmed her two thirds of the way. Potentially the best yielder of all the autos, have to see when it's final trimmed.

Happy Friday! This concludes the autoflower update section of this grow journal. I will post at the right time the final weights and a side by side of a bud from each plant, along with a smoke report on the remaining three strains I haven't done one for yet.

Kind of glad the autos are done with. Time to finish some REAL pot.

Final wet hang to dry weight Pineapple Express 3.jpg
Nice job man.. looking forward to your write ups already:)
Bravo, bravo sir.
Peace an buds man

Holy moly @Jon those auto’s look freaking delicious! :drool:That scrog net is looking mighty fine as well! I cant believe how far along they are. From experience, some breeders judge flower by the time when the first flowers show up until harvest. Rather than from the onset of 12/12 to harvest. Maybe thats where they are getting that 45 day schedule from.

Holy moly @Jon those auto’s look freaking delicious! :drool:That scrog net is looking mighty fine as well! I cant believe how far along they are. From experience, some breeders judge flower by the time when the first flowers show up until harvest. Rather than from the onset of 12/12 to harvest. Maybe thats where they are getting that 45 day schedule from.
Thanks Michael! Yeah that's what I figured it had to be in this case. 45 post stretch sounds about right. The autos all came out great, but I had the same issue with them as you did with your grow - I was disappointed in the yield. I still have one drying and a bunch to trim, but it looks like at the end of the day I'll pull about 13-14 ounces total of good finished bud from the nine autos. Not too good. But first try? I'll take it. Plus I did have a few other things going on. Lol. But like you, it is DANK weed. Even the Lemon, not supposed to be very high thc, like 18%, gets me ripped. No way is it 18%. More like low 20s. I'll say this about the autos in terms of tooting my own horn - the quality is VERY high. I have five different dispensary strains in front of me, ranging from 22 to 28.6% (Rebel Sour 2.0, delicious), and every single auto I grew beats every dispensary weed I have except the Rebel Sour. Just better. Taste, smell, buzz. It's a HUGE advantage to smoke weed when you get it direct from the grower. :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

There will be a day when you and I and the wife smoke together my friend. I am certain of that.

Sadie
Grow Day 111
Flower Day 32

Sorry for the back to back Sadie posts, but I've been real lazy on Sadie updates so here's a few numbers and such. I also borrowed a phone with a much better camera and got some pictures of her this morning without the blurple/reds turned on, so as close to natural light as I can.

Temperature: Day 74-78/ Night 58-66
RH: Holds steady in the mid 40s, which is the lowest I am capable of making it
Ph: Holds steady between 6.5 and 6.8, my tap water here is naturally at just below 7.0 which is a huge advantage for growing in soil
Lights: Quantum Board 1000 watts at 100% power plus 2 1200 watt blurples on reds only at 100% power, total actual wattage draw 958 watts
Par: Pretty consistent 1350 across the "canopy" of the plant
Watering: She's processing about a gallon and a half every 2 1/2 days - I give her two gallons and get a half gallon of runoff if I were watering that way. She gets a five gallon flush before each nute watering now since I have the easy capability of doing so. I basically run five gallons of clean water through her EVERY watering (yes, I'm not joking, I really really do) first, then I wait about a half an hour, and then finish her with a gallon of nute water. Every watering. Flushing is NEVER a bad idea, and her drainage is supreme, and since I'm using a significant amount of molasses, it is very beneficial to rinse the roots each time. You can tell cuz the water you vacuum out of those five gallons will look like something you could put on pancakes and the top surface of the soil will bubble from the molasses until you get it fully rinsed out. You don't have to do this, but I have found that NOT doing this leads to Ph imbalance and nute lock. As you can see, the plant seems to love this. The few minor yellowing older fan leaves you see have been that way a long time, they were long ago taken care of, but I left them on since they were still viable. Anyway, this has been working for me really well despite it being a huge pain in the ass.
Nutes: Fox Farms Trio plus blackstrap organic molasses plus Humboldt's Secret CalMag plus Iron, current percentages as follows - Big Bloom 50%, Grow Big 25%, Tiger Bloom 75%, 1 tbsp molasses/gallon, 1 tsp CalMag plus Iron/gallon. With the flushing I do first I am able to give her nutrients with each and every watering, which I couldn't do otherwise. Again, she seems to be loving that. I believe it partially accounts for the size of the buds at Day 32.
Intangibles: Sadie's daylight schedule is 9 am to 9 pm. The scrog takes care of itself basically and needs very little attention, so even though it's up later I have no need to check on the scrog after 9 pm. Therefore once Sadie began showing me signs that she has potential to be something really special (my personal impression), I began the practice of lights-out in the garage when the lights in Sadie's tent go out. I don't come into the garage after that, and if I do I use a camping lantern. Reason is, I want ZERO chances of light leak. I trust NO zipper on ANY tent. I can't cover all the zippers. SO...no light in the garage at all after 9. Also, this girl has to go until June 29th at least due to my impending vacation. No way I can harvest between now and June 24 before I go, that's impossible as they aren't near ready. But they're ready enough that by June 29 they may be ready for the 36 hours of darkness as soon as I get back. We'll see. I HOPE so.

That is about as succinct as I can be. Only the facts, ma'am. Lol.

Photographs:

- side view
- bird's eye view (sorry, I cut off the top of the top middle bud, lol)
- cola closeup 1
- cola closeup 2
- cola closeup 3
- bud closeup from the side
- bud even closer from the top

Happy Tuesday guys!

Sadie from the side June 8.jpg

Sadie birds eye June 8.jpg

Sadie cola June 8.jpg

Sadie cola 2 June 8.jpg

Sadie cola 3 June 8.jpg

Sadie bud closeup June 8 .jpg

Sadie bud real closeup June 8.jpg

Sadie
Grow Day 111
Flower Day 32

Sorry for the back to back Sadie posts, but I've been real lazy on Sadie updates so here's a few numbers and such. I also borrowed a phone with a much better camera and got some pictures of her this morning without the blurple/reds turned on, so as close to natural light as I can.

Temperature: Day 74-78/ Night 58-66
RH: Holds steady in the mid 40s, which is the lowest I am capable of making it
Ph: Holds steady between 6.5 and 6.8, my tap water here is naturally at just below 7.0 which is a huge advantage for growing in soil
Lights: Quantum Board 1000 watts at 100% power plus 2 1200 watt blurples on reds only at 100% power, total actual wattage draw 958 watts
Par: Pretty consistent 1350 across the "canopy" of the plant
Watering: She's processing about a gallon and a half every 2 1/2 days - I give her two gallons and get a half gallon of runoff if I were watering that way. She gets a five gallon flush before each nute watering now since I have the easy capability of doing so. I basically run five gallons of clean water through her EVERY watering (yes, I'm not joking, I really really do) first, then I wait about a half an hour, and then finish her with a gallon of nute water. Every watering. Flushing is NEVER a bad idea, and her drainage is supreme, and since I'm using a significant amount of molasses, it is very beneficial to rinse the roots each time. You can tell cuz the water you vacuum out of those five gallons will look like something you could put on pancakes and the top surface of the soil will bubble from the molasses until you get it fully rinsed out. You don't have to do this, but I have found that NOT doing this leads to Ph imbalance and nute lock. As you can see, the plant seems to love this. The few minor yellowing older fan leaves you see have been that way a long time, they were long ago taken care of, but I left them on since they were still viable. Anyway, this has been working for me really well despite it being a huge pain in the ass.
Nutes: Fox Farms Trio plus blackstrap organic molasses plus Humboldt's Secret CalMag plus Iron, current percentages as follows - Big Bloom 50%, Grow Big 25%, Tiger Bloom 75%, 1 tbsp molasses/gallon, 1 tsp CalMag plus Iron/gallon. With the flushing I do first I am able to give her nutrients with each and every watering, which I couldn't do otherwise. Again, she seems to be loving that. I believe it partially accounts for the size of the buds at Day 32.
Intangibles: Sadie's daylight schedule is 9 am to 9 pm. The scrog takes care of itself basically and needs very little attention, so even though it's up later I have no need to check on the scrog after 9 pm. Therefore once Sadie began showing me signs that she has potential to be something really special (my personal impression), I began the practice of lights-out in the garage when the lights in Sadie's tent go out. I don't come into the garage after that, and if I do I use a camping lantern. Reason is, I want ZERO chances of light leak. I trust NO zipper on ANY tent. I can't cover all the zippers. SO...no light in the garage at all after 9. Also, this girl has to go until June 29th at least due to my impending vacation. No way I can harvest between now and June 24 before I go, that's impossible as they aren't near ready. But they're ready enough that by June 29 they may be ready for the 36 hours of darkness as soon as I get back. We'll see. I HOPE so.

That is about as succinct as I can be. Only the facts, ma'am. Lol.

Photographs:

- side view
- bird's eye view (sorry, I cut off the top of the top middle bud, lol)
- cola closeup 1
- cola closeup 2
- cola closeup 3
- bud closeup from the side
- bud even closer from the top

Happy Tuesday guys!

Sadie from the side June 8.jpg

Sadie birds eye June 8.jpg

Sadie cola June 8.jpg

Sadie cola 2 June 8.jpg

Sadie cola 3 June 8.jpg

Sadie bud closeup June 8 .jpg

Sadie bud real closeup June 8.jpg
That bad girl looks as good as the displays they’ve got goin on over in the Dam mate. She’d look right at home in the sensi cafe.
Beautiful job.:)
With flushing every feed, does it not upset the microbe balance in the soil Jon?
Or does that matter if your feeding every day?

That bad girl looks as good as the displays they’ve got goin on over in the Dam mate. She’d look right at home in the sensi cafe.
Beautiful job.:)
With flushing every feed, does it not upset the microbe balance in the soil Jon?
Or does that matter if your feeding every day?
Thanks man. Yeah I considered that, but this is what I figured: yes, likely I am flushing away some microbes. But there's millions of them. They don't all get flushed. More importantly, the mycorrhizae has long since done it's job and is not in the mix, so the only microbes we're really talking about are the ones I put in with the molasses. And they get replenished each watering doing it this way. So to answer your question, the real answer is I don't know, but that was my logic stream. And she seems to be enjoying it. I mean, those few large yellowish leaves have been literally the only thing on the whole plant that's not perfect, and I could easily remove them but as long as they are still doing something I have no reason to chop them off since they ain't blocking a bud site. And they have not gone beyond what they look like in a long time, ie, they aren't getting worse, so problem long since solved. So....

Thanks for the kind words. She appreciates them. Yeah, prettiest plant I've grown by far. No contest.

She's lookin fat and happy. That sunshine at bud set really helped.
Thanks man. Yeah, you're the first person to put it that way, and your phrase "sunshine at bud set" has me thinking. I started counting Flower days on the day I saw the first little sign of an actual bud. She hasn't grown vertically a whole lot at all since that point. I think maybe in the journal Day count I have not figured in the stretch. You see what I mean? If you agree, how many days should I add? The scrog of the same strain stretched for about 10 days.

I think maybe in the journal Day count I have not figured in the stretch. You see what I mean? If you agree, how many days should I add?
If I understand what you are asking correctly, I would say count your flower days from the day you first saw the bud formation. Add 2 weeks to that if you like to start your day count from flip. Don't worry about the stretch as there probably was not as much of one due to direct solar lighting and it really doesn't affect flowering time anyway.

If I understand what you are asking correctly, I would say count your flower days from the day you first saw the bud formation. Add 2 weeks to that if you like to start your day count from flip. Don't worry about the stretch as there probably was not as much of one due to direct solar lighting and it really doesn't affect flowering time anyway.
You did understand me correctly and thank you.

Friday Night Scrog Update
Grow Day 114
Flower Day 41 from flip

It's Friday night. My Sixers must win tonight versus the Hawks. I must watch the game. Therefore this is a photo only update, which you guys probably prefer anyway. Lmao.

- Scrog June 11th
- Blueberry Muffin bud closeup
- Blueberry Muffin bud closeup 2
- Jelly Rancher bud closeup
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake bud closeup

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Scrog June 11.jpg

Blueberry Muffin June 11.jpg

Another Blueberry Muffin bud June 11.jpg

Jelly Rancher June 11.jpg

Pineapple Upside Down Cake June 11.jpg

Friday Night Scrog Update
Grow Day 114
Flower Day 41 from flip

It's Friday night. My Sixers must win tonight versus the Hawks. I must watch the game. Therefore this is a photo only update, which you guys probably prefer anyway. Lmao.

- Scrog June 11th
- Blueberry Muffin bud closeup
- Blueberry Muffin bud closeup 2
- Jelly Rancher bud closeup
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake bud closeup

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Scrog June 11.jpg

Blueberry Muffin June 11.jpg

Another Blueberry Muffin bud June 11.jpg

Jelly Rancher June 11.jpg

Pineapple Upside Down Cake June 11.jpg
Wow.. Jon it’s looking top notch as always..Buds looking beautiful and what a scrog job. Brill mate

Saturday Sadie Update
Grow Day 115
Flower Day 36

Everything is as it was in the last detailed post. These buds are just getting fatter and fatter and fatter. I've never grown anything close to this plant.

Photos:

- Sadie June 12
- Sadie bud 1 June 12
- Sadie bud 2 June 12

Happy Saturday Everyone!

:slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide:

Sadie June 12.jpg

Sadie bud June 12.jpg

Sadie bud 2 June 12.jpg

Oh la laaa Jon.. what a picturesque little lady Sadie turned out to be.. beautiful mate❤️
I gotta note for the journal that if it weren't for @Michael Hunt I honestly would have trashed this plant. He's the one who convinced me to try and save her. MAN was he right. THANK YOU MICHAEL!!

Back
Top Bottom