Just some questions before I start

Markyboy420

Hi

I'm nearly set up.
Just wanna sort a couple things out before I start my first grow.
im growing autoflower. Not sure what seed yet. Probably might be candy kush auto or fast buds west coast OG auto. Will be ordering from herbies.

1= my tent is 80cmx80cm and 160cm tall. I'm using a mars hydro 2 400w from start to finish. Just for 3 plants in 3 gallon fabric pots is it enough light just for a first time grow. Would I still get a good crop. I not to fussed about a big yield. I can worry about bigger yields next grow :) .

2= is my grow tent tall enough because I can't afford to buy a new one. I got my grow stuff cheap because some one I no was getting rid of it due to him can't grow at this time.

3= I'm will be useing bio bizz light mix and Biobizz nutrients ( bio grow, bio bloom, top max, bio heaven, root juice). I will be adding just a little bit more perlite to the light mix. Just wondering if a good choice.

I live in the u.k and on a budget. I've been smoking cannabis for a long time and think I would love to grow my own. I Will be buying seeds in a day or two and be starting a journal by next week.
Every bit of input would be great full so I can get my first crop going

Thank you :)

The MH400 = 188 watts. IMO, it is good for a maximum of about 2'x2' coverage area (60cm x 60cm).
The number of pots/plants doesn't matter as far as the LED goes. As long as the autos you choose don't get big, they should make it with 160cm of tent height, but it could be a challenge.

Hi major PITA

My tent is just that bit to wide for the light. If I could get hold of the 700w version. Would that be to much or just right. Could I use the 400w for veg and 700w for flowering. I could save and get one or I could add a couple of cfls during flowering to give it that boost.

Thank you

Hi major PITA

My tent is just that bit to wide for the light. If I could get hold of the 700w version. Would that be to much or just right. Could I use the 400w for veg and 700w for flowering. I could save and get one or I could add a couple of cfls during flowering to give it that boost.

Thank you

IMO the 400 will work in your tent for veg, and would work in bloom as long as you realize the space around the edges won't get a lot of PAR. More light is almost always better as long as you are able to control the rest of the environment (temperature and RH).

Hi

Ok I get you. Thank you. I think for first grow I can see where it takes me. I can control the temperature but my humidity I can't get any lower than 55%. Is that ok. Except that I think I could be on me way to my first grow.

Hi

Ok I get you. Thank you. I think for first grow I can see where it takes me. I can control the temperature but my humidity I can't get any lower than 55%. Is that ok. Except that I think I could be on me way to my first grow.

Excellent plan! You can always add more PAR if you like what you see from the first round. :thumb:
RH can, and should, be higher than 55% in veg. 55% is OK, just not optimum. It is dependent on the temperature, but if your canopy temp is 75F, I'd shoot for 70% RH. In fact, I'd keep it at 70% throughout the grow except once the flowers come on, the risk of mold/rot gets bad with high humidity. I think 40% is the usual recommendation for bloom, but I can't get mine that low once the room is crammed full of green. If you can manage 55% with a full tent while in bloom, I think you're doing pretty well. Get a good fan in there to circulate the air.

Thank you major

That's all cool it's a bit easier to raise my RH than lower it so I happy Its not to high. When in flower I will just keep me eye on stuff like but rot. Is the last think I want.I hope when tent has plants in I can get more of a controll. I have 2x 6inch fans. Would having 3 plants be to much or would having 2 be a bit better. I just want to grow and get a harvest then I can improve on light and everything else. Thank you again major things like this will help me in the long run :)

Thank you angryBird

I look forward to sharing it with everyone. Would really help me with all experienced grows and news ones. All in the same boat.

:)

Thank you major

That's all cool it's a bit easier to raise my RH than lower it so I happy Its not to high. When in flower I will just keep me eye on stuff like but rot. Is the last think I want.I hope when tent has plants in I can get more of a controll. I have 2x 6inch fans. Would having 3 plants be to much or would having 2 be a bit better. I just want to grow and get a harvest then I can improve on light and everything else. Thank you again major things like this will help me in the long run :)

I don't grow autos so...
Since you don't get to veg them for a planned length of time, you have less control over how big they get. They can vary a lot in size. I think you can sort of control their size based on how big a pot you put them in. Unless they are small, I'd go with two plants to start. I don't think you can cover more plants with that light and get a good yield from them.

Pot luck really with sizes of plants then. I think I will be growing candy kush auto. Play it safe. It's known to be good for beginners and quite small I think. will be just right . I will be useing 3 gallon fabric pots so shouldn't get that big. with 2 plants I think it will be a nice first grow. Thanks again major and good luck with your grows :)

Back
Top Bottom