Keep giving molasses during flushing?

RandyL

I've got some Granddaddy Purple plants that are at 52 days in flower, and tonight, instead of giving the usual monday night nute / water mix, I decided to start the flushing process with PH'd RO water only from now on.

These plants are clones cut from my first batch of Granddaddys, which were harvested at 61 days in flower and were good buds, according to those who smoked them.

I normally give the plants Blackstrap Molasses on wednesday nights, 2 tablespoons per gallon of water.

One local smoker said to keep giving the molasses all the way to the end, it'll make the buds taste better.

Should I? I plan to give them nothing but plain water from now until the end otherwise.

I've got some Granddaddy Purple plants that are at 52 days in flower, and tonight, instead of giving the usual monday night nute / water mix, I decided to start the flushing process with PH'd RO water only from now on.

These plants are clones cut from my first batch of Granddaddys, which were harvested at 61 days in flower and were good buds, according to those who smoked them.

I normally give the plants Blackstrap Molasses on wednesday nights, 2 tablespoons per gallon of water.

One local smoker said to keep giving the molasses all the way to the end, it'll make the buds taste better.

Should I? I plan to give them nothing but plain water from now until the end otherwise.
ive always herd you should stop giving blackstrap a week before you cut em down as the sugar can make for a harsh taste and cough:rollit:

I decided to go on the safe side. The plants got molasses their whole growing time, but I went to a pure water flush and nothing but plain water (except for PH balancing) a full 9 days before harvesting.

I decided to go on the safe side. The plants got molasses their whole growing time, but I went to a pure water flush and nothing but plain water (except for PH balancing) a full 9 days before harvesting.

you should have some sweet tasting erbs check out my grow journal if you get a chance

this is something i've got to try, will let you know

i know for sure that the blackstrap helps to thicken up the buds. It gives them a super shot of sugars to help it swell up.If you go to a vitamin shop or herbal shop they have the blackstrap molasis for pretty cheap and it has a better load of usable nutes then the grandmas or soforth purchased at wal mart.

I used molasses on my purple Nepal all the way through flowering and flush and they turned out super tasty ( probably the best buds i have ever smoked they almost had an after taste of Welches grape juice ) not to mention super potent I get high off one hit usually takes me a joint or two , or a few bong loads.. oh and as for harshness , the first sample i ground up and smoked two decent sized bong loads and I could not for the life of me , get a big enough hit to make me cough , allthought i did start sweating after the second massive rip :p

Ok the stuff i have is Wholsome organic molasis purchased from the herbal store.Here are the available nutes of this vs grandmas from wal mart

Wholsome - vs - grandmas
sodium 0g 0% - vs - 20mg 1%
potassium 730mg 20% - vs - 110mg 3%

sugars 10g - vs - 14g

calcium 115mg 10% - vs - ?? 4%

magnesium ?? 8% - vs - ?? 2%

iron ?? 15% - vs - ?? 4%

total carbs 14g 4% - vs - 16g 5%

vitamin b6 ?? 10% - vs - none

based on what the bottle says and for just a little more you have got to get this stuff.The vitamin b6 will help with root development,the lack of sodium will help to prevent salt lockout,more potassium in organic form is always good to help buds swell up in flowering.I bought the bottle of grandmas at walmart for abot $3 for a 12 oz bottle.I bought the wholsome at the vitamin\herbal store for $9 for a 32 oz bottle so i got all those extra nutes and only lost 4 oz of molasis good trade hugh? Just saying you should look into it

I used molasses on my purple Nepal all the way through flowering and flush and they turned out super tasty ( probably the best buds i have ever smoked they almost had an after taste of Welches grape juice ) not to mention super potent I get high off one hit usually takes me a joint or two , or a few bong loads.. oh and as for harshness , the first sample i ground up and smoked two decent sized bong loads and I could not for the life of me , get a big enough hit to make me cough , allthought i did start sweating after the second massive rip :p

good to know brother just in case i ever have to pull up early:yahoo:

my background is hydro and I always flushed. I did a soil grow and didnt flush. the bud was perfect.....trust me Ive had some overnuted weed and I know the difference.

Im up to 2 oz per gallon every watering now. my buds are kicking ass.
oh I dont do an end flush with soil either

im using all 6 fox farms nutes i am under the impresion I have to flush or My erbs will sparkle and tase bad what is your opinion Pit?

trust me Ive had some overnuted weed and I know the difference.

I'm new at this, and have probably smoked more over-nuted weed than I want to know about<G> Actually, I never even thought about it til I dropped in here. So, I believe you.

So, like I said, I do believe you, but, man whenever some one sez "trust me...," it makes me worry LOL

:peace:

I think you will be fine....trim them well.

ok i have been using molasis every third watering I just finished giving them their last shot of open seasme and will be switching to beastie blooms for the next 2 weeks then cha-ching for 2 weeks.After that It will be strait molasis and water for the last 2 weeks.Will 2 weeks of water actually get all the nutes out without flushing?Also should I give them molasis the last watering before harvest? Any answer pit?

I'm new at this, and have probably smoked more over-nuted weed than I want to know about<G> Actually, I never even thought about it til I dropped in here. So, I believe you.

So, like I said, I do believe you, but, man whenever some one sez "trust me...," it makes me worry LOL

:peace:

Im telling you what I do....."results may vary"

ok i have been using molasis every third watering I just finished giving them their last shot of open seasme and will be switching to beastie blooms for the next 2 weeks then cha-ching for 2 weeks.After that It will be strait molasis and water for the last 2 weeks.Will 2 weeks of water actually get all the nutes out without flushing?Also should I give them molasis the last watering before harvest? Any answer pit?

Ok i guess i will just dod what i do :bong:

Back
Top Bottom