keeping plant warm during 12/12 dark period

indochronic

wats up peps im flowering and moving my ladies to a new home soon but its a coolder place outside but in the garage in a box. as u know it will be 12h lights off and im afraid it will get too cold. any ideas for cheap heating for 12H? ill be doing things like the dark period will be during the day and fans off...etc but i dont think this will be enough :peace:

I use a small electric heater. If you have space in the box I'd recommend something like that. That way you can keep the temp around the 80 degree range.

I use a heater traditionally called a "Milk house heater". They were originally designed to be safe to use while milking cows. What is nice is that they are solid metal construction, put out a good bit of heat, but not so hot that anything can burn and the surfaces of the unit are cool to the touch except for immediately in front of the outlet. And they have really really really good tip over safety kill switches. It's the only heater I feel comfortable putting inside a grow tent. I do secure it and place it so that it cannot fall on anything flammable.

These things should only cost about $20 too and will last forever with their heavy duty heating coils that don't glow red hot like cheap home units.

I'm also ok with the temp dropping into the mid to upper 60's at "night"

I've also seen online low wattage electric heaters -like 200- 300 watts. One was called 'myheat' if you want to google it. I was considering it for the night time temps as a low wattage option. I like the sounds of the post above too.

I use a heater traditionally called a "Milk house heater". They were originally designed to be safe to use while milking cows. What is nice is that they are solid metal construction, put out a good bit of heat, but not so hot that anything can burn and the surfaces of the unit are cool to the touch except for immediately in front of the outlet. And they have really really really good tip over safety kill switches. It's the only heater I feel comfortable putting inside a grow tent. I do secure it and place it so that it cannot fall on anything flammable.

These things should only cost about $20 too and will last forever with their heavy duty heating coils that don't glow red hot like cheap home units.

I'm also ok with the temp dropping into the mid to upper 60's at "night"

I do like the sound of this not to much heat but just enough and very safe by the sounds:)
good job at finding that :high-five: I might just get one for myself too for thoes cold mornings :peace:

That looks good too man:) i might see if i can find a smaller watt one. couse im just thinking upstairs above my grow box get very warm during the day so im gona use that heat and fan it downstairs and if i seal up my grow box nicly to and have some sort of flap when the fans go off to close the hole:D and the last main thing is lights of during the day, then id say even a small heater will do the job even in winter. cheers for the info :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom