Knights 1st Grow - Sour Diesel & Kosher Kush

knightstawker

What strain is it? - #1 Sour Diesel & #2 Kosher Kush
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? #1 60% Indica : 40% Sativa | #2 Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedling -> Veg
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Baccto Pro Mix
If soil... What size pot? Solo Cup, transferring into 3 Gallon
Size of light? 60 Watt going to T5's
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 85
RH of Room/cab? 45
PH of media or res? 6.5
Any Pests ? no
How often are you watering? Every other day
Type and strength of ferts used? Jack's Classic 20-20-20 & Super thrive for now.
Room size: 9'x9'

Hi, so first journal along with first grow. Many firsts. My girls are about 3 weeks old now. They just started to show multiple pairs of leaves, so I'm beginning to feed them some Jack's Classic and Super thrive today. Will also be moving them to bigger pots from solo cups to 3 gallons.

I notice my girls are somewhat tall. I gather that was from when I had the light way too high and not close enough to the girls. Either way, take a gander and let me know any thoughts or suggestions. I'm open to everything.

Sour Diesel
20130529_123300.jpg

Kosher Kush
20130529_123240.jpg

I also need a decent a/c unit that I could put in my location... Any one have any suggestions? Thanks!

Just fed the two girls. Wish I had brought the light down closer to them two when they finished germinating. Oh well. You live and you learn. Anyways, this is the 2nd feeding with nutes that they have had and they've been moved to bigger buckets.

Both Girls
20130601_182239.jpg

Sour Diesel
20130601_182150.jpg

Kosher Kush
20130601_182134.jpg

I'm currently feeding them some Jack's Classic 20-20-20 and a drop of SuperThrive per watering. It seems that so far I've done the following | feed day, skip day, skip day, feed day, so far. On the 2nd skip day it seemed the buckets were still somewhat damp. I have the BPN's so I might switch over to that shortly.

Any thoughts or suggestions, feel free to let me know as I'm new to this. Also, I'm still looking for a portable a/c unit. Any suggest on retailers or models for a 100 sq ft room?

Thanks!

Let me know if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions.

i notice you have a lot of stretch in your sour diesel, how far is your light from your plants? place your hand underneath the light to the point you can not feel any heat from it, move your light to that level above your plants. if you are currently using compact florescent lights you can safely move them 4-5 inches from the plants.

i notice you have a lot of stretch in your sour diesel, how far is your light from your plants? place your hand underneath the light to the point you can not feel any heat from it, move your light to that level above your plants. if you are currently using compact florescent lights you can safely move them 4-5 inches from the plants.

Hey there KingJohnC, thanks for responding. When the girls popped from seed, I had them under CFL's but 5 ft away. A few days of this and you now see what I see. Since then, I've gotten some T5's and its about 4 inches away from the Sour Diesel and 6 inches from the Kosher Kush. With my hand ontop of the plant and below the T5's, its not very hot. So its in a much better situation now. Just wish I did this as soon as the plants came out of the ground instead of waiting a few days. But lesson learned.

So I just fed the girls again. The Kosher Kush is looking real nice. Big pretty leaves compared to my Sour Diesel. Oh well, maybe that's strain related as the SD is a few days older than KK and not as big leaf wise.

Anyways, here are the latest pictures. I've also added more mix to the pots as suggested above and a small fan to give the girls a small breeze. I notice the stems are much more thick and harder to the touch since before I added the breeze. So thanks for that suggestion, Scarfinger68.

Both
20130610_214922.jpg

Sour Diesel
20130610_214857.jpg

Kosher Kush
20130610_214906.jpg

all well so far man. only suggestion i had was def gettin the lights closer, but since thats dealt with id say your on your way ;) subscribed

Thanks dangerous1, lights are just a few inches ontop of the girls as mentioned above. Thanks for subscribing!

If anyone else has any suggestions or thoughts, feel free to chime in! Thanks! :thanks:

So I just fed the girls again. The Kosher Kush is looking real nice. Big pretty leaves compared to my Sour Diesel. Oh well, maybe that's strain related as the SD is a few days older than KK and not as big leaf wise.

They look very nice!

have a look in your journal and look back to the first of June and see how much they have grown in only 10 days.

KingJohnC, they've grown by leaves and width but not by height. The two are still the same height as they were when I moved them under the T5's. I don't believe its any problem and its just my crazy fog filled brain :tokin: thinking it might be a problem. But I see from the above statements that its not. Thanks!

So just an update from last night. I went ahead and fed them again and they seem happy. More leaves are coming in and they're starting to gain some height on them now. Any thoughts on when I should start trimming these two or should I just continue to let them do what they're doing? I'm planning on these two becoming Mom's to make clones to start a 420fied style 2 Liter Hempy grow. So these two just need to give off plenty of clones. Any thoughts or links to anything I should read?

Both Girls
20130615_224959.jpg

Sour Diesel
SD_20130615_224934.jpg

Kosher Kush
KK_20130615_224950.jpg

Anyways, thanks for stopping by and checking my grow out. Any suggestions or thoughts, let me know!

with cloning it all depends on the method you use to clone. peat moss pucks are what i started on before i built my fog cloner.

here are some youtube videos on cloning to get you familiar with the process.

https://www.youtube.com search cloning cannabis

Thanks KingJohnC. I've built a 30 gallon tote as a modified cloner machine to build the roots as 420fied mentioned in a few of his posts for my clones, whenever the time is right. I've just got to get these two girls going to where they should be good to give me some clones.

Any thoughts on when I should start trimming leaves or LST'ing these two? Seems every day I need to move my T5's up a few inches as they're catching up to the bulbs. I might actually need to start tying them down soon enough.

Anyways, I've moved the girls to their final location. Hopefully the A/C system that I put in will be able to handle the temps and keep them where they need to be.

Thanks for all your help KingJohnC and everyone else so far! :Namaste:

with cloning it all depends on the method you use to clone. peat moss pucks are what i started on before i built my fog cloner.

here are some youtube videos on cloning to get you familiar with the process.

https://www.youtube.com search cloning cannabis

Checked on the girls tonight and they're doing good. The new room stayed between 56 and 90. So not as bad as I thought. Lets see how it does in a few more days. So the Kosher Kush finally caught up to Sour Diesel on height. So much so that it burned a few new growing tips as they where sitting on the bulb for at least a few hours. I'll probably start tying the branches down soon enough to stop them from growing up too tall.

Both
20130618_223220.jpg

Sour Diesel
20130618_223240.jpg

Kosher Kush
20130618_223248.jpg

Here is how close the lights are to the girls and a better shot from farther away.

Close Up of Lights on Both
20130618_223258.jpg

Far Away of Lights on Both
20130618_223337.jpg

I'll prob make a curtain or something around these or a wing to help get the lights down to the lower leaves. Not sure, suggestions? Thoughts?

Thanks!

There are several different ways to LST so I would do a little research on LST and see what looks best. Basically one way is to pull the branches down and out to the side and form a canopy. Another way is to wind or coil the main stalk along the edge of a round container. So for example if a certain strain does better with topping then the first method may work better. If a strain likes to grow one main cola or doesn't do well with topping then maybe the second method. You could definitely start training them now.

If you are going to LST them and form more of a canopy then you won't need lights on the sides. If you are going to let it just grow naturally up then maybe some lights on the side for the lower buds.

I personally have only used the first method after topping my plants.

Your plants look really good!

Back
Top Bottom