Kushwreck & Others - Soil - HPS - CFL - 2014 - First HPS Grow

Re: Kushwreck+More/ Soil/ HPS+CFL/ 2014 (first hps grow)

yea I plan to not start feeding until I switch to flower ( Depending on what the plants look like, ive vegged for 5 weeks before and started the nutes around week 4 ). But im thinking about trying that plus life stuff alot earlier on, as its not nutrients, its a fungi that should aid in my root development and nutrient intake.

as far as the soil goes, like I said im on a major budget, ( I suffer from alot mental illness's, but mainly PTSD, Depression, and Social Anxiety, so as you might be able to imagine, I have a hard time with finding the motivation to go out looking for a job, although im more than skilled enough of a mechanic and welder, Its just difficult for me to even go out sometimes. ON TOP of that, my mom was just recently diagnosed with not one, but TWO brain tumors, so ive had my plate full trying to help her with what i can. ) So the soil im using isn't the greatest. 1 batch im trying out is some cheap potting soil I got from the dollar store, mixed 4-1 with MG perlite. The other batch is from a local gardening store, and they just call it 3B mix. ive used the 3B for a few other grows and seemed to have good results so thats prolly what ill be using when i transplant.

sorry for that brick of text there haha, and ill take pics of the girls later tonight when the lights kick back on

Sorry to hear about all that, you deffinately have a lot going on. I know exactly how hard it is to keep a job with anxiety / depression. I used to have such bad panic attacks i would not leave my house for days. Its good to be working with your garden though, i feel that it gives me something to control when i feel i cant control my own life. But no shame working on a budget, use whatever you got and make it happen. The reward will be greater when you actually had to care for your plants rather than have a perfect system that does everything for you. How old are your babies? If i can remember you are close to a week aren't you?

Sorry to hear about all that, you deffinately have a lot going on. I know exactly how hard it is to keep a job with anxiety / depression. I used to have such bad panic attacks i would not leave my house for days. Its good to be working with your garden though, i feel that it gives me something to control when i feel i cant control my own life. But no shame working on a budget, use whatever you got and make it happen. The reward will be greater when you actually had to care for your plants rather than have a perfect system that does everything for you. How old are your babies? If i can remember you are close to a week aren't you?

It definitely can be hard to deal with at times, but working with on the grow and just staying busy makes it a lot easier, its when I sit still that my mind starts getting the better of me.

One is around a week yes, but she doesnt look it.

heres a quick update.

this one is looking good, nice and green and no stretching. about a day or two old.

IMAG031420.jpg

this one is a very light shade of green, and the leaves are curling. about a week old.

IMAG031019.jpg

you can the in the pics that those are in different soil, same base soil but one has MG perlite with a small amount of nutes, and one doesnt.

There they are! Lookin good, i know how impatient i was when mine were this size. Another week and yours will be going strong. Looks like the bottom one may have a little nute burn coming on. Ur not feeding them are you?

nope i plan not to feed until after week 3 of veg. i dont know whats going on with that one, i have another one in the same soil just with added perlite and it looks fine.

UPDATE: NEW LIFE! :thumb: All four of the purple karma's I planted have sprouted, that made me happy I hate getting duds. the Mystery seed that i got from a friend is looking good so far, the Kushwreck still looks like crap. I flipped it out of the pot as if i was going to transplant just to have a look at the root growth, its not too bad for a week old plant but ive had plants roots sticking out the bottom by now so its not that good haha, ill try and find a picture of what im talking about and upload it after this. well after i checked the roots i threw some better soil in the bottom of the pot, along with covering most the plant since it was stretching. then i watered with plain water, PH'd to 6.63.

mystery seed
mystery12.jpg

here you can see everything, the four new seedlings and the way i buried the stem on the kushwreck.
IMAG032519.jpg

better look at one of the purple karma's, lil baby!
IMAG032415.jpg

Water PH'd down, it was up at like 8 and that what i WAS using, not anymore. i have to stop being lazy and actually use the things ive bought.
IMAG032621.jpg

PPM
IMAG032720.jpg

this is what i was talking about, this is a pic from a grow of mine last year, this is what my roots looked like on day 11 under CFL's.
11days2.jpg

Glad to hear the rest came up. And yes use your toys, you want the ph around neutral so you dont get "lockout". Oh and be careful checking the roots, you dont want to stress you little babes for nothing. And your last grow was deffinately ready for transplant. I have a pic on my joirnal showimg one that was slightly rootbound but almost the optimal size for transplant. Sorry about me blabbing away, i wasnt telling you what to do, just my observations. Great job so far, im subscribed

Glad to hear the rest came up. And yes use your toys, you want the ph around neutral so you dont get "lockout". Oh and be careful checking the roots, you dont want to stress you little babes for nothing. And your last grow was deffinately ready for transplant. I have a pic on my joirnal showimg one that was slightly rootbound but almost the optimal size for transplant. Sorry about me blabbing away, i wasnt telling you what to do, just my observations. Great job so far, im subscribed

dude any response is WAY better than no response so I dont mind at all. i have a tendency to blab alot as you will most likely notice. i dont get to talk about this stuff with anybody so when i do get around to posting i try and get out as much information as i can so i can get better feed back. like i said ive done a few small grows before but ive never really showed anyone or asked questions about it.

I gave up on the kushwreck and took it out of the grow area and put it on my window sill, if it comes back and starts looking nice ill give it to a friend.

IMAG033618.jpg

Is that it in the last photo? If so i dont see anything wrong with it.

it wouldnt be bad if the plant was a few days only, but its goin on two weeks so its definitely behind from where it should be. also my camera doesnt pick it up but its a really pale shade of green.

24 hour update. WOW, the new seedlings really blew up over night. you can see why i dont care to much about the other one, these look about the same and are 2-4 days old.

4 days old

IMAG034018.jpg

the 4 on the outside are 2 days old

IMAG033717.jpg

You may try a 6 inch fan .Walmart has them with a clip. I do not like computer fans. Its just me. Fire control. I have the same heat problem in florida. It looks like over kill for the lighting,Do not take my advice just opnion. Air flow is impotant for many reasons. I suck out 6 inches and blow in 6 inches. I have a 6 inch pipe running to my floor a/c vent. Works good until night when it chills out.

I think he was trying to do something with the ac, i showed him mine a while back and it really is the best way to drop the temp. I second the fan idea. You need air moving for not only temperature but also for air exchange. Another thing it will do is thicken your stems up and make them less likely to collapse or fall over. My apologies if i am repeating something i have already said. My memory is not good, hence the grow journal just so i dont forget im growing in the first place hahaha.

i have decent airflow, theres a 4in desk fan pointed right at the plants so the stems are always swayin in the breeze, and the exhaust pulls hard enough so that there is a small vacuum to the room, even with the small intake fan.

As for the concern of fires, I make sure to solder everything instead of using those cheap butt connectors, and heat shrink it after so theres no exposed wires. ive been running computer fans that way for 2 years with no problems

Ill do a picture update later tonight

Picture update.

you can see the 4in fan pointed right at the seedlings, those suckers are moving. and i decided to lower my lights a bit, i dont want them to keep stretching the way they are.

IMAG034920.jpg

random closeups and macro shots

IMAG034810.jpg
IMAG035015.jpg
IMAG035213.jpg
IMAG035616.jpg

this is my little reservoir for aerating my water and getting the chlorine out. I just leave it out bubbling for 2-3 days.

IMAG034517.jpg

and i keep forgetting to post it but this is what im gunna use for soil, seems to work good and I can get it for cheap/free.

IMG_8534.jpg

Back
Top Bottom